ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GoldGazelle
    Original poster 1 posts

Was thinking the other day about Far Cry and it's themes and environments. There has been three titles in Caribbean style tropical environments, one in African tundra, one in mountainous Himalayas, one in North American rockies/plains/rainforest/badlands and then of course the pre-history tundra and 1980’s VHS version of a future tropical island and post apocalyptic rebirth.
    I was trying to think of a new theme/environment that sort of followed Far Cry’s fictional rendition of historical events and the next best thing I came up with was a fictional setting in Europe and playing as a character in a resistance group fighting Nazis or an army similar to them. This would follow the dark villainous opponent that Far Cry is known for.
    Thoughts?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GameGuru2018
    272 posts

@goldgazelle

Country prototype? Place? Europe is big.

North? South? West? East?

Where is the setting of this fictional country?
    Or it should include several countries?🙄

• KrayZee_
    96 posts

@goldgazelle I don't think the developers would make a Far Cry game set in World War 2 unless it's DLC like the one seen in Far Cry 5. If they're going for European, I don't think they'll have German or Russian enemies since many military shooters have that covered. I could imagine a European civil war like the Spanish Civil War, but I don't think a numbered Far Cry game would be set in historical settings. That would be reserved for Assassin's Creed games. In terms of being consistent, it has to be modern. If it's located in Europe, I would think they would leave that for games like Ghost Recon.

They usually go for unique exotic locations that are not often found in games. Also, Far Cry 1, Far Cry Instincts, Far Cry Instincts Evolution (Along with Far Cry Instincts Predator and Far Cry Vengeance) and Far Cry 3 would be set in South Pacific archipelago or Micronesia. Far Cry 6 is the first to be set in the Caribbean. Also Far Cry Primal, while it's prehistoric, is already set in Europe.

Suggested Topics