ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SOLVED [DoR] Experiencing crashes / freezes whilst playing "Dawn of Ragnarok" expansion | POST HERE

1 Likes/36 Replies/1874 Views
    Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 783 posts

Hello @AmThomBomb and welcome to Discussions.

First of all all, I am really sorry to hear that you lost the game progress.
    The issue is still under investigation by the development team and we'll keep this mega thread updated with any news we receive with regard to their investigation, but as of now we're unable to provide you with a definite ETA.

Thank you for your understanding while the team continue to look into this! 

Official Response
  • veovis77
    7 posts

I tried playing today for the first time in a while (Windows PC), to see if any patches had fixed things and two things were wrong

1) when I went to the ACV page on Ubisoft Connect, it was trying to download the whole thing with a "locate game files" link. This isn't the first time this has happened with Ragnarok updates

2) The game is still crashing "almost" randomly. I say "almost" because it always seems to be when there's lava on screen. I can't help thinking there's something in the code used for the lava puddles that's stressing video cards (the AMD bug reporter triggers, too). I've clicked the "submit bug report" to Ubi every time this has happened. I couldn't report the AMD issue this most recent time as the game didn't show in the list for selection

• krouton419
    1 posts

I recently payed for the DoR and am having progressively frequent crashing that was never an issue before this DLC. It's almost to the point it's not playable. I'm on Xbox series S.
    I tried all the troubleshooting except playing from a different console because that's not feasible. Since trying the disconnect internet and reconnect when game is loaded thing, I now can't get the game to log on at ALL while it's connected to wifi. I have to log on offline every time and start the wifi after the game is loaded and now can't access anything on the store at all because of it.
    When it starts getting glitchy I know it's about to crash. It particularly hates shelters and enemy areas. Hodda shelter is guaranteed to crash if I go too far into it. Raids are terrible because if I manage to get all the silica before it crashes I have to leave the area to save it then go back in for the rest of the loot.
    I tried to record some glitching at one point. The game crashed shortly after this. Maybe this will help?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fd_tgZU5HDymHz1x9_gdSE4DSK8qj7b6/view?usp=drivesdk: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fd_tgZU5HDymHz1x9_gdSE4DSK8qj7b6/view?usp=drivesdk)

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6048 posts

Hello there @veovis77 & @krouton419!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us within this thread. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing crashes whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

@veovis77 - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes, particularly when there's lava on-screen. Just to check, do these crashes only occur when playing Dawn of Ragnarok content? Or have you experienced these crashes in other locations (such as England and Norway)?

Can you also let us know if you've been able to try all of the steps provided in this basic PC troubleshooting support article? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind in-game crashes, and provide us with a great starting point for further investigation and additional troubleshooting steps if necessary.

If the crashes continue to persist after trying these troubleshooting steps, can you please confirm the following information for us? This information will be helpful as we investigate your crashes further:

• Have you been able to try all of the suggested troubleshooting steps for your platform, linked above?
    • Do these crashes / freezes only happen whilst in Svartalfheim? Or have they encountered outside of this realm?
    • What triggers the crashes / freezes in your game? Please be as specific as possible.
    • Do you have any videos that demonstrate the crashes / freezes occurring in-game? These would be helpful for further investigation.

If you'd like to share any images or videos with us, I'd recommend uploading them to a sharing platform first, such as Google Drive or One Drive. This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

@krouton419 - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing your crashes more frequently during raids and whilst in shelters. Thanks for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've already tried.

I'm afraid I'm unable to view the video you've sent us as it's been set to private. Would you be able to set your video to public so we can take a closer look at this? It would be helpful as we look into your crashes further.

Can you also please let us know if these crashes / freezes only happen whilst in Svartalfheim? Or have they encountered outside of this realm?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • kx11
    1 posts

man i can't finish 30 minutes without a crash, i thought it was MSI AB/RTTS but no it wasn't, then i thought it was my fully water cooled PC getting too hot but nope it wasn't that either so what the hell is it???

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 365 posts

Hi @kx11! Welcome to Discussions!

I'm sorry that you aren't able to play for 30 minutes without the game crashing. That would definitely make me frustrated too. Can you please try these PC troubleshooting steps here and let me know if you see any improvements?

Official Response
  • screaw1975
    1 posts

While playing the beginning of Ragnarok, it often crashes.
    Therefore, you cannot play comfortably. Please fix it as soon as possible.
    Playing on XSS.

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 220 posts

Hey @screaw1975 and I'd like to welcome you to our Discussions!

I am sorry to hear that you're game is crashing at the beginning of Ragnarok. I went ahead and moved your post to our Megathread on the issue to better help you as there are a couple of different things that could cause the crashing to happen.

Please go ahead and run through the appropriate troubleshooting linked above and let me know if the issue still isn't resolved for you so that we can look into this further with you.

Official Response
  • BanoklesEntreri
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Diabetic_Man97
    17 posts

Currently trying to finish an OutPost in DoR but my game can't stop craching. Even the sound of the game is getting worst/glitchy...

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 365 posts

@diabetic_man97 Sorry that your game keeps crashing and that the sound is getting glitchy. If you haven't yet, please try all of the steps in our troubleshooting guide here to help with the crashing, and be sure to also verify your game files as well!

If these steps don't help, could you please provide a short video clip showing how the sound is glitchy for you? You can upload that video to websites like YouTube or Google Drive and share a link here with us.

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • SlashR4
    3 posts

Hello!

Just bought the Dawn of Ragnarok DLC and my downloaded Assassin's Creed Valhalla so its the most updated version. I start the game and it loads into the screen with the Assassin's Creed Valhalla logo with the "press any key" at the bottom. I press it and as it checks for add-ons the game crashes every time.

I have tried all the troubleshooting tips and none of it works. Please help or fix this in the next update.

I have played the game before and have completed it at 99% in the past.

My PC is a 5950x with a 3080ti and 32gb ram. Running it on a NVme SSD, so my specs shouldn't be the problem.

• SlashR4
    3 posts

@ubi-keo

Hello!

I am experiencing crashing at the Title screen where it says "Press Any Key" when it says "Searching for Add-Ons" it crashes. I tried to upload the DXdiag and MSinfo as well as a screenshot of where the crash happens, but it says that I do not have the privileges to do so.

I have just bought Dawn of Ragnarok DLC and this is when it happened, as a result I cannot play it. Before I completed the game at 99%.

I have gone through all the troubleshooting tips offered by Ubisoft and none of them worked.

I'm currently running an AMD 5950x, 3080Ti, 32 gb DDR4 ram @3866 mhz, NVme SSD.

I have updated my BIOS and Windows 11 Pro to the latest versions.

Tried unplugging my ethernet cable etc. etc.

Below is a link to the video I made - it crashes at the moment the video ends.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dPKfUtkMh36UA4FKLb0_ipbyF2MHplvR/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dPKfUtkMh36UA4FKLb0_ipbyF2MHplvR/view?usp=sharing)

The only thing I can think of is that I don't have the two earlier dlcs, but I am not aware that I need them to play this one?

Please help and thanks in advance!

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Hey there @slashr4 , welcome to the forums, and thanks for reaching out. I understand you're facing a crash on the title screen, and I'm sorry to hear this - that's super frustrating! I'll be happy to help you get it resolved. Dawn of Ragnarok should be playable without the previous DLCs - indeed, it can actually be played standalone from starting a new game, should the player wish.

You mentioned having gone through the troubleshooting tips already. Can you clarify if those were the ones from our troubleshooting guide? In particular from the guide, please make sure you are running the game with administrator rights, you've verified the game files, you've got your graphics drivers and Windows install fully updated, and you don't have any background programs which could interfere with the game.

If you had already done that, though, please also check the system files support article, as the two files it describes are able to be used by our support teams to diagnose the issue and give more specific troubleshooting recommendations. Once you've got those two files prepared, you'll be able to reach out to the team at the links below to send them across and get further assistance with this crash.

Open a support ticket with Ubisoft Help
    Send a Twitter DM to Ubisoft Support
    Send a Facebook PM to Ubisoft Support

Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps at all.

Official Response
  • SlashR4
    3 posts

@ubi-thrupney

Hello! I have opened a support ticket with the Asia branch of Ubisoft (by mistake) and they have been helping me for the last 6 days to no avail. I have uploaded my DxDiag and Msinfo there three times already, deleted the apps they have told me to delete which includes:

AMD Ryzen Master
    MSI Afterburner - Rivia is included in there I believe
    Cheat Engine.

I have verified the game files several times. Downloaded and reinstalled the game several times.

Updated my BIOS, AMD Chipset, AMD MI (I believe it's called) Updated graphics driver, made sure that my Windows 11 Pro is up to date etc.

It's as you say - super frustrating because I was able to play Valhalla before and thoroughly enjoyed the game and the ending.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4118 posts

Hi @slashr4 thanks for the update.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing crashes after the going through the troubleshooting provided by our Support team.

I'm afraid that there is nothing further that we can suggest here on the forum, our Support team will continue to assist you via your support case and they may need to escalate your case if they are unable to resolve the issue for you.

I can understand this is frustrating and I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Official Response

Suggested Topics