ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ualen321
    Original poster 3 posts

So upon finishing dawn of Ragnarok and returning to England, Evior is still missing an eye, and by discussing this with fellow gamers I realized that this is a bug. So what should I do to fix this bug?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hello @ualen321 thank you for getting in touch with us, I also experienced this whilst in England after waking, but I have not finished Ragnarok yet so was unaware that this is still present after beating the expansion.

I will report this to our AC team, could you upload your save file to the cloud in the meantime, so we can access it and see this for ourselves after the expansion completion? Thank you.

Official Response
  • Lelixandre
    8 posts

What the title says. Tried playing around with various different things in the game in an attempt to reset this, but nothing seems to be working, I'm stuck with Eivor lacking an eye.

Is there any way this can be reported as a bug to the development team?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4129 posts

Hi @lelixandre I have merged your post with this thread, it appears this issue has been reported and is being investigated.

@lelixandre @ualen321 Could you please provide a video demonstrating this issue if possible. The development team have been unable to reproduce this issue so far during testing.

If you can provide a video I'd recommend uploading it to a sharing platform first, such as Google Drive or One Drive. This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Can you also confirm which armour you are wearing when you returned back to England and can you try equipping another armour set to see if it makes any difference.

Official Response
  • Lelixandre
    8 posts

@ubi-keo Thanks for responding. I actually have attempted uninstalling the game altogether (not deleted the game save) and reinstalling it to see if that would work, but with my download speeds this is going to take a little while. I'll see if I can upload something on the morrow.

I have already tried changing armor sets. I believe I was wearing either the Thor or the Lost Hero set (as these were the ones I run most with Havi in the mythological setting arcs) but I had edited the helmets on both of these to look like the glowing orange eye patch that came with the mythical set DoR gives out, I can't remember the name off the top of my head. I'm wondering if editing the headgear to look like the eye patch, or maybe just wearing the eye patch in any state, might have brought this on. Regardless, changing out of it didn't fix it, nor did switching the character's gender, re-entering Svartalfheim and leaving again, I also tried going into Asgard and coming back, changing hairstyle and beard. None of this worked.

I hope even without a video that can give some pointers about what the issue might be in the meantime, I can try and send a video and/or screenshots once I have the game installed again. However I don't have footage of when the glitch started (I first noticed it in that part when Eivor wakes up and Valka has Eivor attacked by wolves, but I ignored it and kept going, then noticed it was still an issue after completing the DoR DLC as a whole).

@ualen321 and @Ubi-Milky Does any of this match up to your experience?

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @lelixandre apologies for the late response.

Thanks for the information provided.

Can you confirm if the issue persisted after reinstalling the game? If it is has have you been able to record a video demonstrating the issue that I could forward on to the development team?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1718 posts

I saw this post around the time I finished in Svartalfheim and am 90% sure Eivor had both eyes at that point. Trouble is after this I had the Black Raven armour on so could not see her eyes. I have saved about once a day in different slots and have one save from the beginning of the DoR campaign so I can test that a bit but no time as I type this.

Yesterday while trying different things I "woke up" from Svartalfheim wearing the All-Father armour. When I went to change back to the Black Raven armour I noticed she was missing an eye.

I just tried reloading and returning to England wearing the Black Raven armour but she was still missing an eye. Ditto when wearing the Raven Clan armour. All items are completely upgraded if if makes any difference. I also tried travelling to and from Svartalfheim wearing the Raven Clan armour but that didn't help.

Changing appearance with the animus did nothing. I always have it set to letting the animus choose.

Basim has two eyes in the "real world". (BTW I'd really have expected him to have something to say about reliving his enemy's memories.) Returning to the animus does not change the missing eye.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1718 posts

I just reloaded the last one before I noticed the eye was missing, the eye is missing in that one, too. That was a save when the whole DLC was complete.

The save I made before starting DoR has a two-eyed Eivor. Worried now that the game is going to be corrupted by it picking up new content such as the Valkyrie stuff from Twitch.

I just loaded an earlier save from earlier in the DoR campaign, in England after returning from Svartalfheim while wearing Divine Twilight armour. Both eyes are there.

Ah - I just loaded a more recent save. Returned to England while wearing the Jotnar armour. Two eyes.

Reloading a bugged save after that and the missing eye is still missing.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @spirantcrayon22 I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue.

Could you please provide a video demonstrating this as the development team have been unable to reproduce this so far.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1718 posts

@ubi-keo

Given they programmed it, I should think they know what it looks like when the models have the one-eye look, providing an image or video is going to achieve nothing. Do the devs think we're just trolling here?

What might help is my save files. I have located the first one that had the problem (manual save 7) and the last one that didn't have the problem (manual save 6). Both of these were after the completion of the DoR campaign. The difference is that I have the Jotnar Cleaver and Odin the All-Father set in the later one. The earlier one is missing those, although I had picked up all the other stuff from the Arena at that point.

Needless to say you have my permission to look at the saved games. Actually I encourage you to do that. I'll leave them alone for a couple of weeks.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1718 posts

If I load save 6, the okay one, and pick up the Jotnar Cleaver then waking up in England shows a two-eyed Eivor. If I load that and buy the All-Father Eyepatch then return to England then Eivor has two eyes. If I buy the patch, put it on, then wake up in England Eivor has two eyes. That save does not have enough tokens to buy the entire set.

• Ubi-Keo

@spirantcrayon22 I have already forwarded your account information and saves on to the development team, thanks.

When reporting an issue we always request a video demonstrating the issue, this has always been a requirement and is mentioned in the developers blog that was posted last year.

We would appreciate if you could provide a video, however if this is not possible we understand.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1718 posts

Okay, it looks like I've managed to get a two-eyed Eivor in Ravensthorpe - but only by continuing an older save.

I did a lot of testing on the way, that is I travelled to Ravensthorpe to look at her eyes. All travelling was while wearing the Black Raven armour. I got the Jotnar Cleaver and fully upgraded it, then bought the Odin the All-Father set and fully upgraded that. Eivor has two eyes now.

I'll leave the following manual saves alone for the time being.

Save 1 - before I started DoR.
    Save 6 - the last two-eyed-Eivor save before I noticed the problem.
    Save 7 - continuation of save 6, the first one-eyed-Eivor save.
    Save 14 - new continuation of save 6, in Svartalfheim before buying the Odin the All-Father set.
    Save 17 - continuation of save 14, after upgrading that set in Ravensthorpe.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @spirantcrayon22 apologies for the late response and thanks for the update 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1718 posts

@ubi-keo

okay - but please let me know if those saves are helpful, I'll try and remember to leave those ones alone for the moment but around 22nd April I'll start overwriting them if I don't hear from you

• Ubi-Keo

@spirantcrayon22 the saves have been forwarded on to the development team and they are still investigating. I will let you know if they require anything else, thanks.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1718 posts

@ubi-keo

thanks

to be clear, saves 14 and 17 are two-eyed-Eivor saves

also to be clear (sorry about this) - there's now no need for me to keep the saves, right?

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2254 posts

Hey again @spirantcrayon22, you can do anything you would like with those saves, as once we have them on our side, it will be local for us to test, so if you make any changes it should not impact it on our end. Thanks again for taking the time to share this in-depth report and your findings. I appreciate it and it will greatly assist our teams with their on-going investigations. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1718 posts

@ubi-gizmo

thanks for that clarification

• Percinic
    1 posts

@ubi-gizmo please let me know if you have already made some progress regarding this issue, I‘ve been experiencing the same and it is really annoying.

Suggested Topics