ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kimwnas
    Original poster 3 posts

Ok this is becoming rediculous...
    So far have been playing with the "reasonable" crash over now and then, but the last few days the game is almost unplayable, with continuous crashes withing minutes of loading the game...
    It is the first AC title that I am considering uninstalling - or at least stop playing until maybe they release a patch to fix things. And for the record my PC is well withing the high-end playing specs (it was running AC Valhalla fine until now anyway!).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Nelvaanian
    4 posts

@kimwnas
    I have the same on the xbox one console, this is totally unacceptable.

I WANT A REFUND!

• XBL_Laberbacke
    468 posts

Something seems to have changed indeed. Three crashes today alone. (PC)

• JohnnyStormy
    4 posts

re kimwna ti sto poutso ginetai? kai gw to idio problhma exw sto pc.
    i have the same issue. game keeps crashing after 10-15 mins of gameplay. 5 crashes only today

• Skauron
    18 posts

I had this happening with extreme regularity and was on the verge of calling it a day then uninstalling and vowing no more assassins creed games for me.

Then i decided to try one last attempt and went into the settings on the Ubisoft Connect launcher and disabled the onscreen overlay for supported games, and tried that.

It has largely cured the 'oh no! it crashed!' crashes to desktop i was getting and i've been able to play many hours since doing this. The only thing i can't access with this setting like this is the helix store but tbh i don't plan to add more funds to a game that crashes due to the overlay anyway.

This may be just my experience of it and i can't guarantee what helped me will help you also, but i guess you are at the point where you'll try anything now, so if you've not tried this, give it a go.

• AORUS2017
    259 posts

@kimwnas
    This is how the Division 2 players still feel, its the i3D.net servers Ubisoft use, this happens when they are testing or change something.

• Vlerk2020
    37 posts

Yup also 4 day crashes in a row.. started a new game for it and new Nvidia drivers Geforce 511.79 - didn't help.

Every 30-45 min CTD.

• Simplethumb
    164 posts

I haven't played since the new, main update (1.5.1?) that came with Asgard. When I was playing before that patch it (luckily) worked well for me with no crashes that I can remember (or maybe one or two that I've forgotten). Since then I've logged in to check the shop now and then and it's been fine.

I logged in today to check the shop, exited, paused the game and within 2 minutes it crashed.

Was there a stealth patch? Because as XBL_Laberbacke mentioned it seems something has changed.

That's not looking good for the game overall as now they're having to work on bugs for the Asgard DLC, and with how slow and infrequent they release patches I don't think they'll fix them all and even if they do fix some it'll probably take months.

I'm so glad I didn't buy the new DLC

I didn't have the Ubi-overlay turned on.

• Kimwnas
    Original poster 3 posts

@skauron thank you, I will give it a try!

• Simplethumb
    164 posts

@skauron

I think this is good advice for Ubi's launcher and for all other game platforms in general.

I've seen it in every other mainstream game platform when looking at (game) help threads. Even steam which has probably got the best launcher/platform around.

Because of that (and because I don't really use what the overlay provides in any launcher) it's turned off always for me. I know not everyone can do that for all launchers but if there's issues with any game that is always something you should try as a process of elimination for trouble shooting.

• se7ensynns
    6 posts

still crashing here as well (PC), this is the only AC game that has crashed like this and it has soured the game for me greatly. this might have been my fav of the last 3 games if not for the instability.

p.s. - forgot to mention i had yet another crash today after about 10- 15 minutes

• AORUS2017
    259 posts

@se7ensynns

p.s. - forgot to mention i had yet another crash today after about 10- 15 minutes

Ah you shouldn't speak out too loud😕

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4276 posts

Hi @JohnnyStormy @Kimwnas @Nelvaanian @se7ensynns @Simplethumb @Vlerk2020 @XBL_Laberbacke apologies for the late response.

I am sorry to hear that you have all experienced crashes whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

If you are still experiencing this issue I would recommend to go through the PC troubleshooting if you haven't already done as the support article contains some of the most common fixes for crashes, freezing, FPS drops and more.

If you have gone through the troubleshooting and you are still experiencing issues then could you please check the megathreads page for the megathreads that we have created related to crashes under technical issues & queries and post on the relevant thread, thanks.

Official Response

Suggested Topics