ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Unable to complete the quest 'Gennadios the Phylakitai' as the game closes when I try to confirm the kill

0 Likes/10 Replies/115 Views
    hucker12345
    Original poster 11 posts

The game randomly only starts every 5th time. Watching it in task manager, ACOrigins.exe uses 1 CPU core, and slowly builds up RAM usage, then usually disappears at about 20MB. Sometimes it then rapidly goes up to 1GB and starts. I'm worried one day it will never start.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @hucker12345, thanks for reaching out, welcome to forums and sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with launching the game.

First and foremost, can I double-check the following with you:

1. Do you happen to be using laptop by any chance? If so, are you using integrated card by any chance?
    2. What CPU are you using?
    3. Do you possibly happen to be using non-English version of Windows?

In the meantime, for troubleshooting purposes, if you haven't already, try verifying your game files as well as make sure that your drivers and OS is fully up to date (per steps shown here), and see if issue persists.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • hucker12345
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-karl I'm on a desktop, Ryzen 9 3900XT CPU, Radeon R9 280X graphics card. English Windows 11 Pro, fully up to date, already tried full reinstall of game.

This isn't so bad, I can just start it a few times then it works, but I cannot get past killing Genadios. Confirming kill crashes immediately to desktop, even if I go and do something else first. Is there a cheat to bypass a quest? As the rest of the game runs flawlessly once I'm in. I'd really like to experience the rest of the game!

P.S. I wasn't emailed when you replied. I have checked and my account is set to email me when someone replies, and I am watching this thread.

• Ubi-Sigma
    Ubisoft Support Staff 544 posts

Hello @hucker12345!

Thank you for getting back to us regarding your launching issue. I also understand that when accessing your game you always crash at the same point in-game. This kind of behavior could indicate that some data of your game are corrupted or incomplete.

In order to try to fix this issue, could you confirm you've verified the files of your game and performed all the steps from our troubleshooting guide? This will ensure your system has an optimal environment for your game.

Do not hesitate to come back to us with more information and the result of these steps!

Official Response
  • hucker12345
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-sigma Done all that except drivers, my card is too old to get updates. Is a 280X too old for this game? It works perfectly for the rest of it. Is something more demanding happening at the time of confirming his death? Can I turn down some quality for that part temporarily? Surely there's a way to skip that bit?

And I'm still not being emailed when you reply, there's something wrong with the forum.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Thanks for sharing an update with us, @hucker12345.

I've checked our system requirements for Assassin's Creed Origins, and the 280x should be suitable for our recommended configurations. It does look like the last driver update for the 280x on Windows 10 was in May 2021: (https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-280x), so I'd ensure you have this update installed. They don't have one for Windows 11, so you won't be able to install one for that Operating System specifically.

Just to check, have you tried lowering your graphics settings to low to see if this allows you to confirm the kill against Genadios without experiencing a crash? Sometimes playing with lower graphics, especially during "busy" scenes, can help to alleviate crashes and freezes, so it'd be worth giving this a try.

I'm sorry to hear you're not receiving email notifications of our replies either. Have you checked your junk/spam folders? If so and the emails are still missing, can you let us know if you have "Email Only" or "Notification and Email" selected?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • hucker12345
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-borealis I have the latest driver, I run a lot of Boinc and always make sure everything is up to date. No, I don't run it during the game.

I've lowered the graphics to minimum and the same problem occurs. When I confirm the kill of Genadios, I see the saving symbol, then the screen dims as though I'm going to a cut scene, then the game just exits. Is there any log file I can make use of? Unfortunately even though it says it saved it, it can't have managed, as he's alive again when I reopen the game.

I have Notification and Email selected.

Spam is filtered at my ISP, I cannot see it, it gets deleted. Can you tell me what email address the notification comes from? Then I can whitelist it to stop it deleting it, although they don't normally classify forum notifications as spam, it's a fairly sensible filter.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4102 posts

Hi @hucker12345 I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with the quest due to the game crashing.

If you haven't already can you try going to your quest tab and select the quest, then press the button to reload the quest objective and try playing through the quest again to see if the issue persists.

If it does we would need to create a support case for you so that our Customer Support team can investigate further.

With regards to the email notifications, I'm afraid I am unsure of the exact address as we do not personally use the email notifications. I would recommend whitelisting all emails that come from a @ubisoft.com or @ubi.com email address.

Official Response
  • hucker12345
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-keo I have replaced the 280X GPU with an R9 Nano (twice as fast, and 4GB instead of 3GB VRAM) and the problem persists.
    I have lowered the quality to minimum everything, and the problem persists.

I tried reloading the quest objective, but that didn't seem to do much, I was still at the same stage of finding and assassinating Gannadios. When I confirm the kill, the screen dims as if to play a cut scene, then exits just as the screen gets to black.

I tried "Animus Hack" whatever that is, hoping I could just skip the quest, but it told me to press Shift+F2 in the game to use it, but that key combination does nothing. Seems to want to open Uplay panel, but I don't know what Uplay is. I have Uconnect, is that the same thing? Uplay isn't found on your website anywhere.

Could mods be causing a problem? I've installed some from Nexus, using resorep and forger:

Project Nude Egypt
    Bayek Clean Face (Forger)
    Nude Bayek (Forger)
    Bayek Skin Tones
    Bayek Tweaks (Forger)
    Topless Amunet
    Topless Merti
    Topless (Naked) Kensa
    Topless (Naked) Kawit
    Topless Tahemet
    Topless Isadora
    Naked Khaliset
    No Towel on Loincloth Outfit
    Naked (Topless) Cleopatra
    Topless Praxilla

I've put the domains ubisoft.com and ubi.com into the whitelist, I'm surprised you don't have access to the info on the precise email address, but if it's anything @ one of those domains, it won't be spam filtered as of 15 minutes from now. As long as it's not something@anotherword.ubi.com, it needs the whole domain.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4102 posts

@hucker12345 I'm sorry to hear that replacing your GPU and reloading the quest has not resolved the issue.

With regards to the Animus Control Panel, this was an overlay that was available in Uplay, which was the old games launcher that was replaced with Ubisoft Connect. The Animus Control Panel overlay is no longer compatible with Ubisoft Connect which is why it does not work. However, this would not have helped you to skip the quest, the Animus Control Panel only allowed you do things such as changing the character and tweaking in-game settings to customise the game more to your preferences.

Mods can cause issues yes, we do not recommend using mods for any games. If mods are used and it causes an issue then this is something we would be unable to assist with. I would recommend uninstalling all the mods, then verifying your game files again. After you have done this try reloading the quest objective again and see if you are able to complete the quest.

Official Response

Suggested Topics