ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zynergyze
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi, I recently got back into the game recently and have been trying to play but I'm having the same issue as some users with my CPU being at almost 100% along with major stuttering in the game. This was never the case when the game was first released and I started playing. Any ideas to help fix this issue besides running it as admin because I've already tried that too and it still uses up my CPU.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@zynergyze Hey! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing high CPU usage. This is a known issue and in order to provide you with better support we would like to know your system specs:

CPU:
    Windows Version:
    GPU:
    GPU Driver Version:
    RAM Amount:

Once we have this information we can assist you further.

Thank you.

• sebastiandoc
    3 posts

Hi I also have the same issue with 100% cpu usage in game

CPU: i7 9700k
    Windows 11
    2080 SUPER
    Nvidia Driver 512.15
    32 GB RAM

Please let me know how to fix this as it is causing momentary freezes and is making an otherwise great game unplayable

Cheers

• As1r0nimo
    354 posts

Use DX11 instead of DX12.

Dx12 has some memory leak issues, that also causes CPU overload.

PS: in Outriders you can face the similar problem, btw

• Sgt_Mitnick
    14 posts

@zynergyze Bro, I had the same problem from the start of the game. Frame Drops, and High CPU Usage. And they've never fixed it. I bought New York dlc too. And eventually I gave up. And I love this game and I even wanted to get back to it now but I am too afraid because I doubt they did anything.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2659 posts

Hey everyone, thanks for your posts about this! I appreciate the further information and insights.

@sebastiandoc , thanks very much for answering our questions - that really helps us out. Can you tell me if there are specific areas or activities in particular where you've noted this issue?

Please also see this support article, which describes how to create a couple of system files. Please let me know once you've got them both, and I'll create a support ticket you can use to send them across. Thanks again for your help!

@Sgt_Mitnick , I'm sorry to hear you've had the same issue. Can you also fill out the form posted by Ubi-Viral, below?

CPU:
    Windows Version:
    GPU:
    GPU Driver Version:
    RAM Amount:

In addition, can you also tell me if you've noted this issue in specific areas or while you are performing specific activities?

Thanks for your report - I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Official Response
  • Sgt_Mitnick
    14 posts

@ubi-thrupney It was random FPS drops. It doesn't matter what activities you're doing or where you are. Actually It never happened when I was inside a building like doing missions or for example that Tower what's it called I forgot. Skyscraper with 100 floors. In there it was prefect 60 FPS constant. But anywhere outside, FPS is good but it has random drops.
    My spec are:
    CPU i5 7500
    Windows Version: Windows 10 pro 21H1
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    GPU Driver Version: 512,15
    RAM Amount: 8 GB DDR 4

Look honestly I gave up. I had this issue from the start and I wrote here and send tickets I can't even remember how many times. Nothing ever helped. And you guys know about this issue all along. My advice to you guys is this, who ever made this game get them over to your studio that made Valhalla ( i own this too and a lot of other Ubi games) and the guys who made Divison should like take classes from the Valhalla devs. Because Valhalla is a huge game and it's perfect. With every update the performance god better. With my spec I have Valhalla on high with stable 45 to 50 FPS all the time. I have never had an FPS drop in Valhalla. These dev are geniuses. D2 devs look like amateurs compared to them. Every D2 update created more problems instead of fixing them. I am sorry but that's true. Also I had the same problem on Breakpoint but Vulkan made it perfect. It runs great now. Good luck with everything, hope this helps.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@sgt_mitnick Thank you for your reply and sorry to hear that you no longer wish to look into this.

We understand that when issues like this occur it is frustrating, thank you for all the troubleshooting and time you have spent on this issue.

We will pass on your feedback to the development team.

If you do wish to look into this issue again or need help with anything else please do let us know.

Thank you.

• Sgt_Mitnick
    14 posts

@ubi-viral You know I will install it once again and give it a try.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2690 posts

@sgt_mitnick No worries. I'd recommend moving this over to a support ticket so we can gather some files from you to look further into it if you are still having an issue after reinstalling, so just let us know and we can create a support ticket for you. If you would prefer to contact us via live chat or a social media private chat instead, you can do so on the links below: 

Live Chat (when available)

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Private Message

Please make sure to provide your Ubisoft account username and email and any steps you already tried if messaging on Twitter or Facebook. 

Official Response
  • Adrian-11
    897 posts

Delete the game folder from Document / My Games, while the game and Ubi Connect are off.
    When you start the game, it will rebuild everything. You may need to adjust the settings to your preference.
    The game sucks at updating the shaders and other stuff, to keep up with new drivers and / or hardware, and that causes these kinds of issues (and more).
    Reinstalling the game does not touch this folder, hence you will experience the same problem.

Other than that, DX12 may be a bit more unstable than DX11, but crashes and these issues happen with both. DX12 runs about 10% faster than D11 tho. DX11 may also do some stuttering.
    I definitely prefer DX12, but that is personal.

Rule of thumb - delete the shader caches from the Documents/My Games/D2 folder each time there is a new graphic driver and Windows update.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@adrian-11 Hey! Thank you for sharing your advice on how to resolve these issues.

It is greatly appreciated.

If you have further advice to share or any other information please post it on this thread also.

Thank you.

Suggested Topics