ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yankee_LT
    Original poster 18 posts

I understand that Div. 2 is a volatile platform and that crashing under intense firefights is the norm. Byt has anyone found their game crashing much too much doing absolutely nothing? Meaning that you could be buying new gear or looking at your map, standing in one place, and the game crashes on you? I fail to understand this, and I'll bring it up once again. Why, when I play, Div.1 (released March of 2016) doesn't crash at all. And if it does, it's once during a blue moon on a Tuesday while it's hailing outside. Where Div.2 (released March of 2019) crashes so damn much that it drives the community away to play the first game instead. My long-term question towards Ubisoft is why would I buy another game from them when they can't come to terms with the flaws in their current games that they refuse to fix?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Sigma
    544 posts

Hello @yankee_lt!

Thank you for your message and the description of your crash issue. For a better visibility of this issue I've moved your topic to the Player Support section of the forums.

In order to try to fix this crash problem, I could invite you to perform all the steps from our troubleshooting guide. This will help creating an optimal environment on your system for your game. If the issue persists after these steps, could you tell us if the crashes happen when you're doing a specific action in game or standing at the same place for example? And if so, what are the actions or where is this specific place?

Let us know if these steps fixed the issue for you!

• TK105
    92 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TK105
    92 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Gabriel.Knight
    337 posts

@tk105 I currently have 2 open problems with Ubisoft Support. One problem with UConnect and blocked friends not working properly took over a week and multiple messages of "reinstall software and run it with Admin enabled" before they decided to forward the issue to the UConnect team.
    The other problem, the support guy just wrote me and said, "we don't see the problem" it must be with your DNS. Totally ignoring that I already posted that it occurs on my PC and when I am using GFN Servers (GE Force Now).
    The real issue, is the support people A) don't have technical expertise, B) can't actually be bothered with reading through a problem to see what has been tried and hasn't and C) this is largely because the support structure isn't actually designed to have the company actually FIX things, its designed to get the user to ACCEPT the situation as it is (also referred to as Status Quo).

• TK105
    92 posts

@ubi-sigma Are you still going to continue with such template answers with no hope of resolution?
    How many cases have you been able to resolve through that typical troubleshooting? Still can't learn the fact that almost none of them are?
    I have already alerted the support team to this very same problem long ago, but it is not a problem within the user's device, but a critical problem within the game client data that must be corrected by MASSIVE's programming engineers to correct the error in the game data program. The crashing problem won't go away until you do.

Crashes are occurring in all countries, both on PCs with high and low PC specs on the user's side, and players all over the world are complaining of the exact same "crashing" problem.
    PlayStation is also experiencing the same crashing problem. I myself have seen many times on YouTube and other sites where PlayStation users are crashing during live broadcasts.
    This clearly indicates that there is a fatal problem with the program.

Past Forums:https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisplay.php/2008...: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisplay.php/2008-Suggestions-amp-Feedback) (Search for the keyword "crash" and peruse the posts)
    Current Forumhttps://discussions.ubisoft.com/search?term=crash&in=posts&matchWords=all&categ....

I am sure that all of the Division's support team, some of whom are new to the Division, have recently been assigned to that department.
    Please read through all of the past forums, and all of the user feedback on errors in this forum, once again." All posts" should be reviewed again, including the history of how long it has been going on in the past and present.
    As a support person, this is the duty of the entire support team. It is not business as usual to provide support without knowing this.

There are also aspects that are not fully optimized in terms of 3D, and since the various MAP areas, and areas within the mission, are over budget in terms of memory, CPU, and GPU, respectively, and there are also noticeable areas where huge memory leaks are also occurring because of this.
    It is also possible that the change from Uplay to Ubisoft Connect is causing fatal bugs within the game client in response to the changes.
    It is also very possible that some other "game capture" or other overlay, such as OBS, or some other third-party overlay, has some kind of fatal "conflict" with the Ubisoft Connect overlay or with Division 2 itself, causing the client to crash. The only game that has such an anomaly is UBI's Division 2.

Please encourage them to mention this to the MASSIVE engineers as soon as possible. We, the users, cannot do it alone, strong action is needed from the support team to the department in charge.
    Users all over the world have been in trouble for a long time. Please help us.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@tk105 Thank you for your reply in regards to crashing in-game for The Division 2.

We appreciate you sharing these links to the old forums and these new ones.

The development team are aware of crashing issues and are actively looking into this. I have reported this thread and others on the forums to the team and have requested an update into this.

Apologies for the inconvenience that these crashes have caused.

If you need anything else in the meantime please let us know.

Thank you.

Suggested Topics