ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/29 Replies/689 Views
    MikeyBikey56
    Original poster 7 posts

Been enjoying Far Cry 6 on PC until today, March 22, 2022. Now, whether I go through Ubisoft Connect or by clicking directly on exe file (run as administrator), the initial screen with Castillo and his son in the car comes up, the screen then goes black and then the yellow lion/star circle spins in the lower right corner for about 10-15 seconds, then game crashes to desktop. Sometimes the second circle gets as far as 1/4 complete but most often it never appears. I've verified files and deleted the cache file in an attempt to fix the problem. The update seems to be the problem. Not happy.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dw.Krumholz
    7 posts

I can confirm this issue. Everyting worked fine this morning, but after the update the game always crashes at start.

• Psiklops23
    4 posts

I'm having the same issue on PS5 - the whole system crashes when trying to load my save-game.

• Vents1235
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Vents1235
    3 posts

Same here. After update game crashes.

• dingodilePL
    1 posts

Game launches but CTD after clicking "continue" on the main screen, after update today. PC.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Hey there @mikeybikey56 , @dw-Krumholz , @Psiklops23 , and @Vents1235 - I really appreciate you reaching out about these crashes after yesterday's update. That sounds most frustrating, and I'd really like to help, and then get this investigated internally.

Can each of you make sure you've checked our troubleshooting guide? @MikeyBikey56 , I understand you've already done some of the steps, which is fantastic - there's a few more on there I'd recommend, too. In this case in particular, please make sure you've all:

• Verified the game files, to check that nothing went wrong with the update
    • Checked for updates to your GPU drivers and Windows install, in case equivalent updates for those are needed together with the new patch,
    • Ran the game with administrator rights, as this allows the game to make full use of whatever files and processes it needs, and
    • Checked for any background programs that might be interfering, such as graphics or system optimisers, or firewalls - these might have worked fine before the update, but are now incompatible.

If the crash persists, can you answer the questions below?

• What happens when it crashes? For example, does the game load at all, does it get to a specific loading screen? Does it freeze, go to black screen, show an error message? Does it crash to desktop, or do you need to force-quit the game? Please be specific - it really helps us out if you could explain this in detail, even if it's the same as the other reports. (Again, thanks for having done this already, @MikeyBikey56 )
    • Can you tell me your computer specs? Your CPU, GPU, RAM, and Windows version will be great.
    • Please see this support article, which describes how to generate a couple of system files, which we can use to help diagnose the issue. Can you let me know once you have those prepared? I'll be able to open a support ticket on my end that you can use to send them across securely.

Thanks once again for these reports - I'm keen to get this sorted for you. Let me know if I can clarify anything above 🙂

Official Response
  • dw.Krumholz
    7 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    I followed the guide, no change. I prepared the files.

• MikeyBikey56
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-thrupney I have now deleted and reinstalled the game, and then verified the files. Windows 10 is current as of today, March 23. I then used DDU to uninstall video driver, and installed latest game-ready drivers from Nvidia, released yesterday, 3/22/22. Both the exe in the bin and bin plus files are designated to run as administrator. I use Windows firewall and have given far cry 6 permission and also tried to run the game with the firewall turned off; same result.

Right now, whether I try to start the game through Ubisoft Connect by pressing the play button for Far Cry 6, or by clicking on the desktop shortcut, the same thing happens: the initial screen with Castillo and his son in the car comes up, then quick message about synchronizing with cloud, then warm up PSO cache counts down to zero, screen goes black and the orange lion/star circle spins in the lower right corner for about 5-7 seconds, then game crashes back to desktop. No error message.
    I've got my system files created.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k
    Ram: 32 GB
    GPU: GeForce RTX 2080
    Windows: 10.0.19044

• jharren
    1 posts

I had the same problem but verifying the game files (some were corrupt) solved it for me

• Ubi-Thrupney

Hey again @dw-Krumholz and @MikeyBikey56 - thanks for coming back to me about this, and for preparing those two files. You should both find a support case opened on your accounts by logging in at this link. Please upload those two files, and let me know here on the forum thread once that's done. Thanks so much for your help with this.

@dw-Krumholz , can you answer this question for me?

What happens when it crashes? For example, does the game load at all, does it get to a specific loading screen? Does it freeze, go to black screen, show an error message? Does it crash to desktop, or do you need to force-quit the game? Please be specific - it really helps us out if you could explain this in detail, even if it's the same as the other reports.

Hey there @jharren , welcome to the forums! Great to hear that verifying the game files solved the issue for you, and I appreciate you letting me know. Have fun with the update!

Official Response
  • MikeyBikey56
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-thrupney Ok, on different computer. I've now uploaded the two files.

• Psiklops23
    4 posts

On PS5, deleting and re-installing the game and updates fixed the issue...

• MikeyBikey56
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-thrupney Please note, on each occasion I attempt to get the game to start, a BREPORT is generated that consists of many many characters I cannot read with any software I have. Might that be useful to you guys?

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hey @mikeybikey56 if you send a crash report when prompted to when that dialogue box pops up, that will be sent directly to our FC dev team I believe.

In the meantime, for anyone else experiencing crashes since updating the game to title update M5, please check the following >

Should both of these steps not work for you, please let us know in this thread, as we will need to open a private support ticket for you and gather your dxdiag, msinfo, and crash log files, so we can send them to our FC6 team for investigation and check for any patterns to see exactly which players are experiencing these crashes, thank you.

Official Response
  • MikeyBikey56
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-milky I have not been getting the dialogue box to report on what is happening. I found the BREPORTs while poking around for something that might provide me with guidance about what is going wrong. If you want me to forward one or more I just need to know where and how to send them.

• dw.Krumholz
    7 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    Thanks for your help. I added a description to the ticket.

I can start the game as usual. The initial window with the "synchronizing/ PSO cache" message appears for a couple of seconds and then disappears as normal. Then the full screen window appears, with the black screen and the Uplay overlay message at the top right corner and the "yellow symbol" in the down right corner.

The yellow symbol is spinning for about 5-8 seconds. Then the window is closed. After that only the "oh no... a crash - send report" window appears.

Currently I am trying to follow the other tips provided in here and the ticket.

• Ubi-Thrupney

Hey there @mikeybikey56 , thanks for uploading those files, and for giving us this further information about the crash report. If you can go ahead and upload a screenshot of the message you are seeing to the support ticket, too, that'd be most helpful.

Thanks also to @dw-Krumholz for uploading your files, and for this explanation of what is happening. Indeed, it sounds very similar, which will be very helpful for narrowing down the cause.

To both of you, or to anyone else having this issue, in addition to the steps and questions I've already posted here, can you confirm if you've got the HD Texture Pack installed?

The investigation is now with our team to look into, and I'll be back in touch as soon as I can with an update, or if we need any further information. My apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Official Response
  • MikeyBikey56
    Original poster 7 posts

I don't get any message(s). There is a BREPORT file in my Users/(my name)/AppData/Local/Temp/Ubisoft folder generated each time I try to open the game. I cannot read the characters and each report is multiple pages in length (each is over 26,700 KB). I do not have the HD Texture Pack installed.

• Podciwy123A
    5 posts

@ubi-mleczny w nie mogę zagrać

Suggested Topics