ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_unsolved Losing Control in Game

1 likes/9 replies/62 views
    AJ_Gil
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 4

Our of nowhere when I'm playing the weapon will start firing and sweeping to the left. When I hit escape in the menu instead of a mouse arrow I get a circle that just moves to the har left upper corner and I have to crtl-alt-delete to get out of the game. It has gotten worst since the last update. I've tried a different mouse, different USB ports, deleted the game profile .xml and it still persists making the game unplayable.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kopasov
    ubisoft:x-posts, 5

@aj_gil same thing

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 3343

Hey there @aj_gil , thanks for reporting this - I understand you're having control issues with your mouse when shooting and using the menu. That's most unusual! I'll be happy to suggest some fixes.

As far as I can see, this isn't an issue that has otherwise been reported, so I'd like to recommend starting with our troubleshooting guide. In particular from that guide, please make sure you've updated your operating system, you've verified the game files, and you don't have any unnecessary background programs interfering with the game (particularly those which control your peripherals). 

You'd mentioned trying another mouse and USB port, which is great - can you also try switching to gamepad temporarily and see if it functions as it should?

Lastly, you'd mentioned it getting worse since yesterday's update - in what way? Does it happen more often now?

Please let me know if I can clarify the above steps or questions 😎

official-response
  • Ubi-Thrupney

Hey to @kopasov as well - thanks for letting us know you're having the same issues. See my post above for my suggestions, and some additional questions to help me understand the issue. Thanks 🙂

official-response
  • AJ_Gil

@ubi-thrupney Thanks for the reply, I have a recently purchased computer with Win 11 so everything is fresh and updated. It's crazy, the mouse controls just take off to the left. First, whatever weapon I'm using just starts firing and the view rotates endlessly to the left, sometimes I esc and when I come back the weapon is no longer firing but I just slide to the left (like the A keyboard control) so perhaps this isn't just a mouse thing? I hope we can resolve this or I won't be able to enjoy Farcry 6 anymore 😞

• Ubi-Thrupney

Hey @aj_gil , thanks for coming back to me about this!

I understand you've got a new computer - that's good to hear. Those troubleshooting steps will still be useful, especially with us just having had a major update to the game yesterday. It could be that there have been updates to your graphics drivers, and Windows itself, even just over the last few days, and our updates to our games rely on always having those latest updates to your supporting systems. Verifying the game files is particularly useful to check for install errors - these can happen sometimes during update patching. You may have any background programs that control your mouse and keyboard (particularly common with gaming peripherals) that you can try temporarily disabling. Can you make sure to follow our recommended steps, and specify which ones you've done?

In addition, did you get the opportunity to see if the issues persists while temporarily testing with a gamepad, if you've got access to one?

The more information you can give me about what troubleshooting steps you've already done, the more I'll be able to zero in on a solution 🙂

official-response
  • hoonose2013
    ubisoft:x-posts, 65

I assume you are using PC + mouse and keyboard.
    Could be your set up is recognizing a game controller. That is the circle replacing your mouse cursor. So disconnect it if that is the case.
    If that doesn't work, go into the game controller bindings and unassign the one moving you to the left.
    If that does not work, and like mine, I had to fool the system using a small prog called HidHide.
    Somehow that hides the game controller - which isn't even there!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=hidhide&sxsrf=APq-WBv43L2s-aZ7roKBP_Ks22xHNE7OFA%3A1648045625661&source=hp&ei=OS47Yt-HI_OgkPIPosqk2AI&iflsig=AHkkrS4AAAAAYjs8ST6lRBIkd8HZKqmGUd0qtDVZtBXn&ved=0ahUKEwifiNiwuNz2AhVzEEQIHSIlCSsQ4dUDCAg&uact=5&oq=hidhide&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyCwgAEIAEELEDEIMBMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIHCAAQgAQQCjIFCAAQgAQ6EQguEIAEELEDEIMBEMcBEKMCOgsILhCABBDHARCjAjoICAAQgAQQsQM6DgguEIAEELEDEMcBEKMCOgoIABCxAxCDARAKOgsILhCABBCxAxCDAToLCC4QgAQQxwEQrwE6CAguEIAEELEDOgsILhCABBCxAxDUAjoOCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQ1AI6BQgAELEDOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARDRAzoICAAQgAQQyQM6BQgAEJIDOgoILhDHARCvARAKOgoILhCxAxDUAhAKUABY_hhgkRtoAXAAeACAAZsBiAG_B5IBAzQuNJgBAKABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

• AJ_Gil

@ubi-thrupney I may have found the issue, I disconnected my sim racing pedals and that cleared it up. Then I set Ubisoft to "run as admin" reconnected the pedals and so far no issues. Thanks for the replies, I hope this has it fixed.

• Ubi-Thrupney

Great to hear you've found a solution, @aj_gil - I appreciate the update! Let me know if the issue reoccurs.

Thanks also to @hoonose2013 for your insights, that's really useful 🙂

official-response

Suggested Topics