ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N_T_D
    Original poster 13 posts

TO UBISOFT TECHNICIANS:

Once again, hello!

I would like to ask you the following:

When someone buys Assassin's Creed Origins brand new and plays it for the first time, without making any internet connection, it is normal when some missions are completed, to state that they are completed with the "UBISOFT CLUB" that needs internet connection ???

I bought the game brand new from a large chain of stores in Greece and I ask you the above, maybe instead of a new one they sold me a used one without me knowing.

P.S.: It's also happening the exact same thing at my Assassin's Creed Odyssey PS4 game.

Please, help me!

Thank you.

Sincerely.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @N_T_D, thanks for reaching out!

So if I understand it correctly, you may be referring to Ubisoft Connect rewards that are available to players right from the start, as this is due to both games' transition to legacy titles, therefore I can confirm that this is most certainly an intended behavior.

If however you happen to be referring to Ubisoft Club Challenges or so, these are disabled and you should not be able to see them. Additionally, even if this was to be a used copy, regardless of what process has been made, it is all being saved to their Ubisoft Account and isn't something that would transfer over.

I do hope you will find this useful, enjoy your game-time and if you do happen to have any further queries or run into any other difficulties, feel free to reach out at any time! 🙂

Official Response
  • N_T_D
    Original poster 13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • N_T_D
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-karl Thank you for your respond!
    I really appreciate it!

But, I really didn't understand…

What do you mean by saying "if the game is a copy"???!

Can someone make a copy of the PS4 Blue-Ray game disc?! I thought something like that it is impossible!…

If it's necessary, I can right you down the serial number of my specific game, and you will tell me if it is original version of the game made by you (UBISOFT).

And what exactly do you mean when you wrote me that it isn't possible to show me in the game the UBISOFT CLUB Missions without internet connection with UBISOFT profile???!

In this very game - and, also, the exact same happend in my Assassin's Creed Odyssey game, when I played both for the very first time, when I was near with the character(s) of the game(s) (see A.C. ORIGINS: with Bayek | A.C. ODYSSEY: with Alexios), in some places that I couldn't not possible remember right now and this very moment, it was wrote me in the screen that places completed with "UBISOFT CLUB"… (!)

• Ubi-Sigma
    544 posts

Hello @n_t_d!

Thank you for getting back to us regarding your Ubisoft Club question. When we mentioned ''a used copy of the game'' we meant a CD that could have been already used by someone as you suggested in your original message. However, if you bought your game from a large chain and if this one was sealed, then your game must be a new and unused one.

In addition, in order to investigate further on your question, could you send us pictures of the ''Ubisoft Club'' tag when a mission is completed? Could you also give us the name of the missions affected by this?

It is indeed possible that some missions are related to Ubisoft Club content that is now available for everyone, therefore, the Ubisoft Club tag would still appear even if you don't have access to it.

Do not hesitate to come back with more information if you would like us to confirm this hypothesis!

• N_T_D
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-sigma first of all, I thank you for your service!

Yes, indeed, it was sealed at the time of purchase, but in nowadays, any ordinary citizen can pack with the specialized pack machine for house use, much rather a store that having a professional packing machine, especially a large chain store!

Unfortunately, I'm sorry, but it is impossible to remember now the exact missions that the message appeared, and also I'm not in a position to send you the relevant photos that you asked for and that pictures will prove what I wrote about, because this happened the very first time I played the game - back in last February of this year (February 2022) and from since I haven't play it again yet.

However, this days I'm playing again Assassin's Creed Odyssey for second time, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey did exactly the same thing to which I refer, but it only did it the very first time I played it (first time I played it with Alexios character), and now that I play it again (this time I'm playin it with Cassandra's character), has not been done again - not even once!

It remains to be seen when I will play Assassin's Creed Origins for the second time if reappears on my screen again - although to be honest, frankly, I don't think it will be repeat again, just as do not repeat in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which I play for the second time this days, as I already mentioned it.

P.S.: Please, keep in mind that my specific game it never connected online to the internet (also never connected online my Assassin's Creed Odyssey and my PS4 PRO either, because simply I haven't home internet connection, as I already mentioned in my first message!)

Once again, thank you very much for your trouble for taking the time to serve me.

Sincerely.

• Ubi-Sigma
    544 posts

Hello @n_t_d!

Thank you very much for all your precisions. I can confirm that, as explained before, these Ubisoft Club could be related to free missions available for all Players but originally only available to Ubisoft Club members. It would be the case on AC Origins but also AC Odyssey as both games are now Legacy games.

From your descriptions of the behavior of the game, it seems like everything is working as intended. If you encounter these tags again in the future, do not hesitate to send us a screenshot so we can confirm that it's working as intended.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions, please let us know!

Suggested Topics