ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• winspector_24
    Original poster 7 posts

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ice-Quinn
    56 posts

A dream. It’s all been a non-fungible dream and we woke up to Breakpoint and Frontline. #RudeAwakening

• Megalodon-26
    335 posts

After the events of 9/11, we were given 10 days notice to sail to the Indian Ocean, to hunt for Taliban and Al Qeada trying to escape the region by sea. So I bought my first ever PC only 2 days prior to my deployment, just so that I could email with my wife and kids. Several months later I found myself at the PX at the Marine base in Bahrain, buying Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six, to kill some down time (back before streaming movies and TV was a thing). And I've never looked back.

• winspector_24
    Original poster 7 posts

@ice-quinn Breakpoint is decent at least, inferior open world in comparison to Wildlands, yeah! But with better stealth and gameplay mechanics. Frontline on the other hand, I can't see how it could succeed in a world with Warzone and Fortnite being hits in terms of battle royale genre.

• winspector_24
    Original poster 7 posts

@bigrexxx I guess a fictional conflict in middle east/asia would instantly hits if done properly with Ghost Recon franshise. I mean, look at

made by Ubisoft a decade ago. The tone, the hard work, all transformed into success judging by the 39 mil views. I think one day the trend will focus again on realism despite of selling silly skins and emotes being the main focus. And hopefully we'll be there to play those games once again. Thanks for your report, I guess being on the real field is an indescribable experience.

• Megalodon-26
    335 posts

@winspector_24 I'm not sure how my story brought up the topic of a future game being set in fictional middle eastern/ Asian conflict, being a hit, but I guess I agree.

• winspector_24
    Original poster 7 posts

@bigrexxx I guess I was trying to talk about the tone of the whole thing. In this movie, we clearly can see is has some effort to make things look as real as possible, and with a heavy focus on that, I think people can buy the general idea better. Middle East conflicts are part of USA short past, and Tom Clancy is great by bringing the militar aspect to a novel. Mixing the two things could work, in fact actually did (at least kind of) on some stages of Future Soldier (never played the older Ghost Recon games), which are beyond believable for the great audience.

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

@winspector_24 I may have seen this meme (or whatever it is) on Reddit. Started out with OGR (on PS2) myself, but it's a good thing some other good titles came out over the years.

Also, that movie (Alpha, I believe) it's a good one. Too bad it's only half an hour long, though sometimes it's best not to let a good thing drag on for too long. One thing I thought was interesting about this is it kinda feels like a mix between the original Robocop movie (I think the ground drone is responsible for that) and Black Hawk Down. Yeah, a real interesting mix.

• Megalodon-26
    335 posts

@winspector_24 I agree that Alpha was good, and it did look real. But when I think of Ghost Recon, I want it be realistic, and not just real looking. So IMO, I would love it if the devs would binge watch Seal Team, to see how they portray tier one missions.

Inside David Boreanaz's Intense Full-Body Workouts For 'SEAL Team'
    https://wwwimage-secure.cbsstatic.com/thumbnails/photos/files/asset/10/00/72/92/8086d5d0581ac981_st1.jpg

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

If I am watching a Movie, I don't mind mixing Sci-Fi with good action, I don't even mind the mix on a good shooter but for some reason, I have GR on a higher pedestal and that could be my own fault and why I can't fathom and/or disapprove having some of the things that most people want in it.

I do like Sci-fi but I tend not to go with their style of weaponry and keep it more modern time. Just like I got tired off old WWII weaponry.

OGR in Xbox was the first time I played it then I moved to PC when I learn there was one and never looked back since then so, yeah... Mr. Dinosaur here!

I have the Seal Team Six series on hold, way to many shows I'm watching at the moment and I don't like to watch them until I know they have at least 2 to 3 seasons. Another good show was "The Unit", although I could do away with the home front a bit, it was a very good mix. I was sad when it ended.

• Megalodon-26
    335 posts

@fcac-no-moe Well Seal Team has 5 seasons so far, with a 6th season and a standalone movie in the works.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts
    @fcac-no-moe Well Seal Team has 5 seasons so far, with a 6th season and a standalone movie in the works.

Wait! What? I checked on google and it says that they are on Season 2? 😳

Are we talking about "Six" the TV show? or which one?

P.S.: Never mind... OK, there are 2 different shows then, one is "Six" and the other one is "Seal Team", hence, my confusion.

• MikeWeeks
    392 posts

First GR was OGR on PC - when they released the complete set that included the two DLCs. That went hand-n-hand with playing Novalogic's Delta Force series.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts
    First GR was OGR on PC - when they released the complete set that included the two DLCs. That went hand-n-hand with playing Novalogic's Delta Force series.

Oh man, that was a good game as well, even if, IIRC, that was in TPV?? and it took me a while to wrap my head around it coming from a gamer that up to this point had been playing FPV shooters only.

Talk about Immersive games!

• RoyalThundercat
    7 posts

Ghost recon advances warfare 1 and 2, Future soldier came later and then WL and then BP. One year later and I am playing the classic, one I learn the curve of the gameplay I have a blast and many good ideas for a sequel and upgrade of WL...

• EN075
    189 posts

OGR and it’s associates- balanced out by Operation Flashpoint. Two different approaches, both great in their own ways!

Suggested Topics