ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 2 Likes/1 Replies/135 Views
    Joshmagosh91
    Original poster 5 posts

*FAN ART?* <-- only tag I found

Good day agents,

I have created a game mode or possible game idea that I just really need to share. For some time now I have been working on some projects in the UE4(Unreal Engine 4). One of my favorite hobbies is game design, world-building, and storytelling. I am a huge sucker for a good story. I have been playing games since about the age of three or as long as I can remember. Now I want to make myself very clear. I am completely self-taught and I do not have any previous training or schooling that would be considered an asset when it comes to art or programming. However, I truly feel like I have something with this game concept. In this post, I will cover all of my ideas which will include current Division 2 gameplay mechanics. This game concept can be produced on its own however, I feel that what the Division has kind of fits the mold already. Furthermore, I do not want to get into any copyright issues so I felt a post regarding this was the best course of action first before any further development. Also, I mentioned that I love to do my hobbies not that I am a master of any of them. Please forgive any typos and or grammatical mistakes.

With all of that out of the way, let us jump into it!
    (Yes there are pictures)

Game Play keeps the Doctor away

undefined

The gameplay loop that Division 2 has is already great! My design takes what already works and tries to add more difficulty, risk, and reward to PVE and PVP. If you are familiar with the game Escape from Tarkov then you may know where I am headed with this. I feel that the Division dark zones make for a very interesting player experience.
    undefined
    Picture this, the dark zones are still PVP and gear locked. Whatever gear is locked when entering the zone can be lost if the player dies. Equipment can be insured and will be available at the dark zone vendor for retrieval. Looted supplies are still contaminated with the ability to extract the loot before safely getting to a player extraction point. These points will be random every time and move around the map. The HUD will still show what it does now meaning that the player will know where to extract. One difference I would make would be to get rid of the loot extraction notice and instead make the character look for the extraction flare. 

With these some what new mechanics it will require a certain map size. What comes to my mind is a PUBG or Warzone map. This, in theory, could offer the space needed for this gameplay. 
    (Example)
    undefined
    Or if anyone remembers the Black out map (CODBO4)
    (Example)
    undefined

Now that is kind of the PVP idea in short terms. For PVE, it would remain the same with players not losing their gear in the designated PVE area of the map. Raids could also be introduced where the player enters a no respawn area that would make them lose their gear. High-risk high reward type gameplay has the possibility to make for a great PVE and PVP experience. 

Now, let us talk about the LOOT! I would like to see the loot improved a little in this game mode from the standard selection. How might you ask? Simple. It is ok to add another tier to the loot pool. Other games follow the grey to the yellow color scheme for example. 

(My example)
    White = Common
    Green = Uncommon
    Blue = Rare
    Purple = Epic
    Yellow = Legendary
    Light Red = Transcendent

Here is another one that I have been playing around with:
    Black = Chromatic (SHINY!)

Now all these names and colors can obviously be altered. The structure I do believe remains the same throughout many games. Higher tier = better performance/ damage

Now I would like to also mention this idea as well. 
    undefined
    The current armor mechanic is not bad actually. I really enjoy it. However, let me know if this could work. Each plate carrier, depending on the tier, holds a certain amount of armor plates. The higher the tier the more plates it can carry. The player can carry a certain amount of plates on them and each armor tic uses one plate. Any Warzone players here? I would like to see this in action. Armor plates could even be crafted only. This kind of mechanic could make some of the loot pool items more useful. 

What does everyone think about adding stealth to the mix? Having the ability to perform stealth takedowns and or clear an area without being detected could be a really fun addition. For PVE this could mean you and your fireteam silently take out a large group protecting a high-tier loot zone without the enemy calling for reinforcements. This could mean that you take out some purple and red enemy types but if they call back up more purple and yellows show up. Thoughts? 

ONE MORE THING! 

Does anyone remember the Ghost Recon Future Soldier weapon customization? 
    (Example)
    undefined

Would it not be cool if the loot drops had tier loot that could be assembled so that you could use your favorite weapon!? That would be awesome! Just me? 

Last but not least. This next bit is really just me wanting to see something. So feel free to ignore. I really miss the Halo: ODST firefight game mode. Having a wave defense game mode would be refreshing I think. It would be cool if it was a separate mode or even a separate game. Each round you could upgrade gear and collect resources to build defenses. Could also be seen as a COD zombies game type. Maybe without the zombies though. 

Ok, I think this is all I had. Please let me know what you think.

Be kind to one another,

Josh 

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics