ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• satsworld
    Original poster 16 posts

Hello Valhalla team! AMD is releasing FSR 2.0 which is a great news. Since this is an AMD sponsored title and you guys are supporting this game through year two, can we pc players hope that you might be interested in implementing FSR 2.0 into this game? That would be wonderful. Thanks!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DevourColossus
    94 posts

@satsworld got it with the last update today.

• S7igma957
    234 posts

And it seems FSR is 2.0

Works great, but there is nothing about it in 1.5.2 patch notes.

Now antialiasing is useless and can be set to low.

• shopE4F0C359
    16 posts

Hello,

I have seen that now the FSR can be activated. It says that it is for those who play at low resolutions but if you play at maximum resolution and graphics at maximum, activating the FSR will you see any increase in quality in the graphics?

I have read that it is to improve the FPS in AMD. I have an Nvidia and in AC Valhalla it doesn't have the option to use DLSS. In my case, would it work?

Thank you!

• S7igma957
    234 posts

@shope4f0c359
    Use FSR in 2k and above. I use FSR + DLDSR 2880 x 1620 and set AA in game to low, because it's useless.

• DevourColossus
    94 posts

@s7igma957 that's awesome. Looks great. Hope it does the same for me when it decides to work.

• anidais
    6 posts

@s7igma957 I tried it and it looks good and framerate is better. But how do you know it´s 2.0 and not 1.0? Strange this was not mentioned in the patch notes.

• S7igma957
    234 posts

@anidais I don't know for sure but it just can't be 1.0

1.0 is horrible. Resident Evil Village have 1.0 and it's look absolutely terrifying. But will be nice to see official information from Ubisoft about FSR version.

• anidais
    6 posts

@s7igma957 Well, the fact they didn't even mention it in the patch notes makes me think it's just version 1.0. I mean, for such a big game you would think both Ubisoft and AMD would make a big deal about adding FSR 2.0. Deathloop got it recently and it's all over the gaming news.

• S7igma957
    234 posts

@anidais I think it's FSR 2.0 Valhalla is huge game and FSR 1.0 is old. I don't think that devs will be adding old version instead of new one.
    BTW the game is under AMD supprt.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/157943/what-version-of-fsr-was-added-to-the-game?lang=en-US

• anidais
    6 posts

@s7igma957 I still think it's 1.0. Hopefully we get confirmation.

• WolekXD
    2 posts

@s7igma957 well it's not actually useless because the AA in this ac isn't actually AA but a downscaling, so while having this on low you are basically changing internal resolution for fsr to even lower

• S7igma957
    234 posts

@wolekxd
    AA is totaly useless even without FSR.

AA set to high

AA set to low

• WolekXD
    2 posts

@s7igma957 Digital Foundry made a video about valhalla's graphics settings and he showed that aa set to low is just downscalled resolution
    high - native resolution
    medium - 0.92 axis scale
    low - 0.85 axis scale
    The normal aa methods are built in game and cannot be changed
    So, while changing aa to low you are downscalling your internal resolution for fsr and it becomes harder for it to reconstruct and produce sharper image

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    136 posts

@s7igma957 high quality AA is needed for FSR 1.0 as the Algorithm required. it means when using FSR 1.0 , u should use as high as possible on AA and enabled as well. FSR 2.0 is a new things, it is completely different from FSR 1.0, generally, theyt are different things as FSR 2.0 is created from zero , not a upgraded version of FSR1.0.

• arni-GX
    42 posts

where is is the option for FSR 2.0 in this ACV ??

but, i need more DLSS than FSR in this ACV..... so, where is it now, DLSS option ??

• DomCatz
    1 posts

Seems to be bugged. When turned on(it defaults to Adaptive) there is no change in fps and no change in visual quality. Changing it to Ultra Quality, causes the game to crash and always crash after the intro movies. Only way to get the game running as before was to delete the ACValhalla config file in the documents folder.

• DevourColossus
    94 posts

@domcatz thank you for stating this. I've only seen two others aside from myself with this issue.

• Veldrin-IV
    4 posts

Same Problem here.
    Thanks to DomCatz for the hint with the "ACValhalla" config file.

But instead of deleting it, I just opened this file and set the row "FSRQuality=4" (ultra quality) back to "FSRQuality=0" (adaptive).

After this you can deactivate this buggy FSR ingame and keep your other settings.

Edit: Ok, this only worked 1 time for me. In the end I had to set "UpsampleType=0" back to zero to get the game started again.

• anidais
    6 posts

So, Valhalla has been added to the game list in the AMD FSR website: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/fidelityfx-super-resolution: (https://amd.com/en/technologies/fidelityfx-super-resolution)

It's FSR 1.0 because games that support 2.0 say so (like Deathloop).

Suggested Topics