ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AI.BLUEFOX
    239 posts

@Megalodon-26 still has to be run on a graphics card in order to be streamed, though. I figured the streaming part is no issue as they are already streaming the other GRs as you say. Hence if they're testing it, then my assumption is that it can't be the streaming capability they are testing and must be how the game engine is running on the data centre GPUs (the ex Tesla cards). Be nice to know, though, instead of guessing!

• Mars388502
    Original poster 223 posts

I watched the trailer for the next Modern Warfare and something stroke me: the music. As always, because of the nature of CoD, it's fast paced, relatively agressive but adds to the general picture (Smashing pumpkins, Bullet with butterfly wings, for the multiplayer trailer, for single player you get Mettalica too). Ever since the release of GRBP, I wondered what kind of music could be used for the GR franchise. It's not as fast paced as CoD, the music in Wildlands add to the athmospehere of the game, because it's inspired from folk music from the region. Something you can't do for a fictional island.

At the moment, the question stays the same: what kind of music for a GR game? Since the pace is slower in the GR franchise it's in my opinion a tricky question. If we compare it to some of the movies we discussed earlier in this thread, for example Act of valor you get "epic" theme musics. Some other like Escape from Tarkov the Raid doesn't have any. A Netflix movie like Triple frontier use Black Sabbath, Metallica and Bob Dylan (Masters of war remix). Furthermore, in my opinion, not only music can be used as some avertissement trickery but also helps setting the tone for certain games. Oddly enough, I remember after the last mission of a MoH, during the credit, getting a song from Linkin Park (Castle of glass).

So I would like to ask the community to share 1 song per person, that in your opinion would fit for Ghost Recon.

In my opinion: Metallica, whom for the belle tolls.

In my opinion it won't be a song for the entirety of the game but rather something used prior insertion. To "boost morale" somehow.

I'm sincerely curious to see you own opinions on this matter.

• Megalodon-26
    334 posts

@Mars388502 Soldiers from Otherwise

<iframe width="1200" height="675" src="

title="SEAL Team CBS - We Are Soldiers" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1273 posts

I am sorry but since when rumors, speculations and/or assumptions turned into FACTS???

less so facts that there is a new GR game being made and it will release next year? aside from pure conjecture from some people here that is.

Are we that shallow that we want to believe in one no matter what?

And yes, to each his/her own but C'mon, lets not start fighting for assumptions now. 🤕

So... are there any official channels saying that there is or will be a GR game? I am all for taking about it and arguing or discussing but I get the feeling some of you are already salivating about a Ghost game (literally a ghost because there are no facts)

P.S.: I so wanted to watched that small youtube video that Mega posted but I don't want spoilers, I have set aside to watch that series in the near future.

• Megalodon-26
    334 posts

@FcAc-No-Moe You have to catch up. They just released the first episode for season 6 yesterday.

As far as there being a new game, I believe what Tom Henderson says. He has a proven record of leaking accurate information on a variety of games, including ones from Ubi. So when he says that he concurs with what Kotaku wrote, that means that he was told the same thing, and that the information was coming from someone inside Ubisoft. As far as the release window goes, all the article said was that it could release before March 2024. That's up to four and a half years after Breakpoint released, and almost twice the amount of time they needed to create Breakpoint. So FY 2023 could simply be when it's planned to release. But all I can say is, had Ubi Paris been more transparent with their plans for Ghost Recon, over the last several years, people wouldn't be as prone to look for and believe in leaks.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1273 posts

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I went to google it and saw Episode 6??? . Normally I let shows I want to watch 2 seasons or more before I get invested because I have been burn way too many times with shows I get into it and they get dropped after 16 episodes (back when 24 was the norm) or now 8 to 10 and I got stuck in the cliffhanger of the final episode and then nothing. The other problem is that there are waaaay toooo many TV shows that I like to watch and the wifey likes to rewatch other shows (I'm looking at you NCIS!) but yes... I do believe it is time to get on with the show as they say.

Well, it must blow to be you guys and perhaps, this time around, I am glad I don't follow anybody or anything in any social media or news, exactly to avoid getting bamboozled by them but even if I did, knowing Ubisoft the way I know them, I rather listen to Biden tell me how good we are having it with him being President LOL. UBI needs to get off their high horse if they want the respect of their customers and fan bases. I mean, even most of you guys are now getting to the point that even those rumors you used to believe are now taking it with a grain of salt.

• Mars388502
    Original poster 223 posts

While on the topic of a GR soundtrack, I remember watching The terminal list and really liked the spund track:

There is something grim about it that feels right for the show.

Suggested Topics