ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1509 posts

I’m trying to get the Odyssey tattoo for the Ubisoft Connect reward challenge. Is there a trick to triggering Synin to attack opponents who are low on health? I’ve been running around getting enemies down to near nothing and my raven won’t step in and deal a death blow. What’s the gimmick?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    1787 posts

@thenorfolkian even with the ability?

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Ah... thanks. You know, I completely forgot about that ability and never thought to even use it before. It’s too bad the challenge didn’t use the wording to emphasize ‘kill enemies with Raven Distraction ability’. Is there another way to get Synin to kill enemies without that ability?

• bielik01
    1787 posts

@thenorfolkian I don't think there's another purpose for Synin other than to fly and see the area from above.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Synin really does have a bird brain compared to the genius-level smarts of Senu and Ikaros.

• RBJets
    3 posts

is this challenge only for the Ragnarök DLC?

• bielik01
    1787 posts

@rbjets no, anyone can get The Odyssey tattoo.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Well, apparently I haven’t been able to get it yet... having the same problem as @SpirantCrayon22 with Ubisoft Connect not updating.

• bielik01
    1787 posts

@thenorfolkian I meant after it starts working 😅

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Fo’ sure!

@rbjets The long sword challenge is DLC-limited, it seems. There doesn’t appear to be a way for players who have not installed Dawn of Ragnarök to accomplish that challenge.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1918 posts

@thenorfolkian

Long sword is any two-hander, isn't it? Meaning it's not just DLC - we've seen long sword challenges before.

• RBJets
    3 posts

I've done about 5 kills and it's not showing up (0/10). I'm getting the enemy's health down really low then calling in my birdy to finish them off and still nothing.

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    132 posts

@thenorfolkian there was glitch on weekly challege, ubisoft connect didn't registered any thing done in the game, i played 2 little game, 2 raid in two day seperately , it display 0 still two days long.

• ATTALIANA
    5 posts

@thenorfolkian choose ability for your BOW. raven assisist. then shoot your target with a arrow to low health , aim your bow on him and push in the ability for the kill

• Kormac67
    1091 posts

@rbjets Weekly challenges are broken in all Ubi games at the moment.

• TheNorfolkian

@spirantcrayon22 If the longsword challenge counts great swords, we’ll see if the fifty-plus enemies I killed yesterday eventually show up.

@vm4M9Tz4pB @Kormac67 Thanks for the confirmation bias... there are currently several active threads in Player Support making note of that fact.

• TheNorfolkian

@spirantcrayon22 It appears you are correct. The Ubisoft Connect delay has updated and it looks like my kills with Great Swords was counted as ‘kills using a Long Sword’. It’s still odd that they’re using the phrasing of ‘Long Sword’ instead of ‘Great Sword’. I mean, in my book, a great sword is what Cloud cleaves through his enemies with, but a long sword is what Sephiroth wields with wicked grace.

• Kormac67
    1091 posts

@thenorfolkian Well, they changed the challenge from just "sword" after I complained some time ago.
    And it's "long sword" as opposed to "short sword". What would "great sword" oppose to? "little sword" ? "poor sword" ?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1918 posts

@kormac67

well, I get the point about it not being a short sword but whatever way you look at it, using the term "great sword" is clearer as that's the name of the weapon category that works

• TheNorfolkian

@kormac67 Having a generalized ‘sword’ challenge would seem to simplify things and give players more freedom to accomplish the goal, but I get your point. However, as @SpirantCrayon22 noted, ‘Great Sword’ is clearer as it is an actual identified weapon category in the game, whereas ‘Long Sword’ as a category still doesn’t exist.

Suggested Topics