ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lolt6
    Original poster 86 posts

I guess this new forum doesn't have off-topic section as it was irrelevant from Ubi eyes. (Tried once in old forum)
    Oh well, time to post this regardless...

So uh.... Is it me or did FcAC got banned for some sarcasm that Ubi can't stand of it?
    What was he doing anyways?
    I'm confused as hell🤔😵

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kean_1
    145 posts

@lolt6

Saw that too and really have no idea how or why. It's not his first rodeo though as he used to post a lot on the WL forum under another name before that one was banned too. ...then the new user account.

I never really had a problem with him and found that he mellowed out quite a bit from what he used to be like. Kinda surprised he got banned at this point considering how dead this forum is. He was really only one of a handful that still post.

• Lolt6
    Original poster 86 posts

Yeah, this forum is quickly became ghost town since the archival of old forum that we used there
    Besides, there's a reason why old forum must be archived and moved to this current forum (It's unwanted spam ads bot, can't blame them)
    Hell, even after improving current forum, there still some unwanted ads spam bots manage to post it here like it's vulnerable flaw left unchecked
    Best thing they can do, is close down this forum. But that makes them old timers p1$$3d for what it done (Like, look at Bethesda forum)

And back to FcAC...
    I would fear if FcAC's new acc decides post some sarcasm again, and then banned again and repeat, even worst it could lead IP ban for this forum (There's VPN around but I wouldn't recommend to use it)

• Steven527
    376 posts

@kean_1 He was still posting too much. Ubi is doing their best to kill discussion with this game and he was in blatant violation by continuing to post. 😀 How dare he feel we should still be discussing this game. Didn't he notice how much the forum is dying?

• Kean_1
    145 posts
  • El_Cuervacho
    56 posts

@steven527

Well, he was indeed a known serial molester of freshly dead threads, with his constant replying and interacting, the degenerate!

• AvengerGR35
    67 posts

He was banned for no reason. Apparently now you can't criticize Ubi and their games even with a little humor because if you do you get banned. Gotta love the freedom of speech here 😬

By the way where are all the mods? Ever since the new forum was created Toon and the other mods went AWOL. This forum feels dead and with mods not interacting or sharing any news makes it even worse. It's almost like they abandoned BP completely.

• Steven527
    376 posts

@avengergr35 almost like?

I am just wondering how long before I give it up. There really isn't much point to visit as they ding you for fun stuff and provide nothing in the way of info.

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts
    He was banned for no reason. Apparently now you can't criticize Ubi and their games even with a little humor because if you do you get banned. Gotta love the freedom of speech here 😬

By the way where are all the mods? Ever since the new forum was created Toon and the other mods went AWOL. This forum feels dead and with mods not interacting or sharing any news makes it even worse. It's almost like they abandoned BP completely.

There's criticizing and then there is FCaCK who likes to go into almost every thread and steer it towards "Ubisoft doesn't know what they are doing" or whatever he liked to say. Between him and that one guy spamming the suggestions forum it's making me not want to come to these forums and look at what little discussion there is.

EDIT: i'm not trying to defend Ubisoft or anything like that. But FCaCK's constant stream of sarcasm/criticism makes me feel like he thinks we are all too stupid to see it with our own eyes.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    179 posts

@clemsondriver

Exactly.

I'm all for freedom of expression, and some of the comments from the more frustrated and sometimes angry, sometimes cynical forum goers are full of heartfelt, intelligent, witty and insightful comment that Ubisoft really need to hear from their fanbase. For all he seemed to want a better game, however, the constant theme running through his posts, on his previous accounts too, was a criticism of others in the community. He was more direct on his earlier accounts, he had all sorts of names for me that would have seen him instantly banned nowadays, but he learned to skirt the rules with subtler and more indirect references. The combined effect over time, however, was the same. Basically if you didn't see it his way you are either stupid, deluded or a paid employee of Ubisoft.

If he could drop that unending sub text from his posting and not turn every discussion into the same topic every time then he has a lot to offer.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

Thank you to some of you for the kind words (well, actually more so for your post and replies asking about me) also and even to the other posts, to each his/her own I always say and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I have never been able to understand why posting on a public forum people get bent when the reply is not one that he/she wants to hear. A road always has 2 ways not just 1 and I am always willing to discuss it but doesn't mean that I will see it your way. My convictions towards the Company and the Studio will not change until such time they change and if they don't want to hear it, they should say so in their Code of Conduct so people like me don't sign in or register.

After a forced long week vacation, I am back but honestly, perhaps less and less because, well, there are no good posts anymore with the exception of the funny ones but I guess even those are hurtful to the Company and the Studio so they are frown upon.

Since there are no PMs in this glorious forum and you are not allowed to confront your accusers, I am going to have to say that this was, YET!, another bogus BAN. I understand why, I really really do but it wasn't for allegedly Inappropriate language

To the best of my knowledge I went back as far as 1 or so weeks of my postings (unless who ban me was a woman and it was for something I said 1 year ago!. OK, I imagine we all know this is a joke, right?) and ALL I could find was presumably for posting another 3 letter word for breast. If that is considered inappropriate language then so be it and I am not going to go check what everyone else says and why they have not been ban as it would be a waste of time and I can't be bothered.

Also, now that I have logged back in and I see the notifications (4 to be exact), I also got ban for Trolling on this post... https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/135328/operation-motherland?lang=en-GB&_=1648481978315
    I mean, WHAT? How can that be confused with something other than having some fun. Well, unless one is looking for any and all excuses to ban someone. I could be wrong of course.

Good to see that now that I have been banned for a week, the forum is back to being flooded with new posts and everyone is posting replies back w/o having to suffer from my negative replies towards the Company and the Studio.

• Megalodon-26
    271 posts

@fcac-no-moe See, when you go around intentionally acting like an [censored], eventually everything you say and do is seen through the lens of being an [censored].

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

Good...Good The Boo hoo is strong with this one. - Good...Good The Boo hoo is strong with this one.  Emperor palatine

Oh and that is Mr. whatever the censored word you use was... remember the code of conduct! But don't worry, you always fall inline so of course you won't get ban, I have no doubt so no worries.

• Megalodon-26
    271 posts

@fcac-no-moe TBH, it sounds like you are the one crying about being held to account for your attitude. And if after 20 years of being on the Ubi forums ( with the same account, nonetheless), I'm not going to cry about getting an infraction for saying that you often go out of your way, to act like an ABC-hole (minus the BC). Even though that is technically not considered foul language, by any normal sense.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

And yet here you are going out of your way and crying because you feel personally hurt by my beliefs and convictions. Taking the high road I see 😀

My main replies are for the disdain I have of the game, the Company and the Studio. I also post my opinion when someone asks for things I firmly believe that should not be in the game and I have the same right as the one posting for those kinds of things, whatever that may be and yet, again, you are taking it personally because I let it go... go figure! But you are right, let's talk about how NFTs are the future and next evolution of gaming. 🤣

• Steven527
    376 posts

and the answer as to where did he go is... nowhere. He's still here and we are still snapping at one another. Gawd this forum is awful. At least @Ice-Quinn gave us a good laugh with a new meme shot - which she'll probably get dinged for.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

I hear you Steven but in reality, the Company and the Studio made the game and the forum Awful way before I got here and it will be awful even after I am gone.

Ditto On the meme from Ice-Quinn and I also believe she will get an infraction from her efforts. 😠

• Steven527
    376 posts

@fcac-no-moe that wasn't directed at any one person. Just a general kvetch at how bad this forum has gotten.

We get nothing from Ubi so we just rant at one another. This place is so dead. Part of that is technical- this forum is pretty lousy, the other part is the state of Ubi's direction in its games. Not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel, hell I don't even see a tunnel.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

Was there ever a semblance of a Tunnel though?

Perhaps only some sort of an illusion of one when Blush or Toon were involved in the forum only to find out that they got it completely wrong with Flatline and thinking the community would be behind it.

Oh well, no worries because NFTs will come to solve all of our problems and issues with the game. You'll see. Well, as long as you don't judge it until the Demo, or perhaps even wait for the thing to launch and then judge it but very little as the same miracle patch will fix more stuff. Oh yes, and then the Studio will be behind it all the way with quick fixes and patches, hence, the Always Online game. Ubi does nothing if not support their games.

I do wonder though... Is NFT consider Inappropriate Language? 😰

• Megalodon-26
    271 posts

@fcac-no-moe the word Fungible does sound pretty nasty.

Suggested Topics