ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 48 posts

As soon as the cut scene ends and you take control of your character for the first time on the rooftop I could not move. I could look around but couldnt do anything else. I am using M+KB. I could minimize the mission tracker, and get to main menu with everything working fine but no character movement. Than a soldier caught up to me and killed me. After i died and game loaded I could finally move.

I tried a new game again and same thing. Couldnt move at all. I didn't wait for death this time so I just reloaded checkpoint. I was than able to move again. All keys are bound and no exclamation marks on anything in control options.

Not sure if this is a bug but very odd that I couldnt move at start of game. I have been playing now for an hour and all seems fine. Just reporting it here in case anyone is having same issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Heartwork404
    3 posts

@sikittoya I had the same issue as well, tried starting a new game and it is the same again.
    Def a bug.

• SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 48 posts

@heartwork404 Hopefully it will be patched by next update. It was quite annoying to experience an issue with game directly out of the gate.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@sikittoya @Heartwork404 Hey! Thank you both for reporting this to us. What was the name of the mission that you experienced this on?

Was there anything you were doing specifically before this occurred?

Did you have a controller plugged into the PC at the time of this happening?

Are your key bindings all set to default?

Thank you and we look forward to your reply.

Official Response
  • Heartwork404
    3 posts

@ubi-viral I do not have a gamepad connected, and all keybindings are default.
    The mission this occurs is the very first mission in the game "La Noche de la Muerte".

The problem occurs right after the cutscene where Alejo Ruiz is shot, and soldiers barge in through the door on the rooftop.
    (the first moment you gain control over your character after picking your gender.)

• Ubi-Viral

@heartwork404 Thank you for your reply and for answering these questions.

As you have already passed this mission it will be hard to do some tests.

If you encounter this issue again can you try verifying your game files and seeing if the issue continues please.

Official Response
  • SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 48 posts

@ubi-viral I wasnt doing anything as it was the very first mission right after the opening cut scene on roof. So i couldnt do anything but watch the scene play out.

I always validate files before attempting to start any game. This way it will be ok if anything went wrong during initial install. All files were 100%.

QC should be able to troubleshoot this as well once you pass along the info. Since it is at the very start of game. After 2 new games with issue being able to reproduce, I dont think having to do more troubleshooting should be on the user end.

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@sikittoya I'm on the PC version. I observed this same issue a couple of times - it only started after Title 5. Most of the time it works fine - but just sometimes when I start I am stuck and can not move. I manage to get past that by going to the map and fast traveling to anywhere else.

• Ubi-Viral

@sikittoya We appreciate your reply and will certainly pass this report on. If you need anything else please let us know.

Thank you.

@rickidoo2010 Thank you for sharing your workaround. Hopefully this will help others.

Official Response
  • CmdrGrunt
    2 posts

@sikittoya I had the same thing happen to me. Very first point you have control of your character on the rooftop when the army is raiding your building. Couldn't move, when I tried to look around the screen shook as if it was getting confused by my control input.

I do have an xbox one elite controller connected via the wireless dongle.

Workaround was to die (what else could I do, right?) and then it worked as expected going forward.

• Ubi-Viral

@cmdrgrunt Thank you for your reply.

This issue has now been reported to the development team and is being investigated. Should you continue to have similar issues please let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 48 posts

@ubi-viral Ahh great. Thank you!

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@ubi-viral I haven't seen any posts about it - but after Title 5 I've noticed that occasionally the preferences get changed. I normally run with everything shut off - no radar, no detection arc etc. But a few times I've had to go back into preferences and shut things off that were previously shut off.

There is no one in the house but me and my two dogs. I'm hoping it isn't my dogs having a little fun with me when I go to sleep.

• Ronbosa
    5 posts

So at the very beginning of the game, after you choose if you want a male or female character, as soon as the cutscene finishes on the roof top, the W A S D keys don't work at all. I can look around with the mouse and I can actually crouch with Ctrl but movement keys do nothing. If you wait long enough the guards kill you and the most recent save loads. At that point I am able to move. Is this a known problem? Anyone know what causes this or how to fix? I'd rather not just load the autosave and ignore the issue.

• SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 48 posts

@ronbosa Issue has already been reported. Ubisoft has acknowledged the issue and are looking into it.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/145227/cant-move-start-of-game-have-to-load-checkpoint-or-be-killed/13?lang=en-US

• Ronbosa
    5 posts

@sikittoya Ah! Thanks for letting me know. Thought it was a problem with my system and it was driving me nuts.

• SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 48 posts

@ronbosa Yea, same for me. NP!

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1244 posts

@rickidoo2010

Hey there!

Very clever dogs if so! 😁

Are you playing on PC? If so can you try ensuring that all launchers are running with admin privileges and try setting them again please? If after doing so the issue persists or if you're not playing on PC please let us know.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@ubi-orion Yes, am on PC. The whole preferences change thing happened again yesterday. I went back into an existing Guerilla level game and the preferences were set to Guerilla, which for me actually turns things on that I want off.

But I am super cautious about running teh game with admin privilege's for safety reasons. I will probably tough things out and play it on regular security until hopefully the issue is found. It did not start until title 5. Before that, over the course of time since launch, it never happened. I'm on the same computer with no configuration changes in the computer itself.

• SiKiTtOyA
    Original poster 48 posts

Just to add. It seems I am now encountering this issue after I have died and respawned. In the clip below I can only turn 180° but cant move at all. Totally stuck. Have to reload save in order to move again.

https://streamable.com/b9q7cy: (https://streamable.com/b9q7cy)

Suggested Topics