ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/2 Replies/155 Views
    Dan-assasin
    Original poster 2 posts

Hey, I haven't used this account for a while now and I reactivated it because I heard that some Ubisoft developers were talking bad about Elden Ring. A fully finished game without microtransactions or missleading marketing. No system in place to make a halfly working "game as service" (I hate those, gamers don't want those but hey, you get your orders from a dispicable CEO who has never played a game before so who cares). A game that gives it's player a cool new piece of armor, weapons or skins and other goodies every 15 minutes instead of having to grind 1 hour for an armor upgrade that doesn't even change appearance. Every reason I like Elden Ring ist the same reason I used to like Ubisoft games but since you are not providing a single one of those things in all of your games I do not buy the any more unless I get a used copy for 10 bucks somewhere and am relieved that I didn't pay full price for it. Heck I haven't even finished the used assassins creed games in my shelf. I rather go play Elden Ring for the rest of the next 2 years when I have time.
    How do you find community managers who are able to sleep at night ?
    It was a pleasure to dish out some well deserved real talk to you guys.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AnimusLover
    295 posts

I agree with your overall sentiment however, I think some basic fact checking is in order:

1.It was one former Ubisoft employee who criticised Elden Ring. One man does not represent an entire company and its employees' viewpoints.

2.As someone who has platinumed Elden Ring I can tell you that whilst the game is great and far better than Valhalla for many reasons, including that which you mentioned, it has a lot of basic quality of life issues that should not be present in a 2022 game.

3. Evidently, gamers do want live services which is why Final Fantasy 14, Destiny 2, Genshin Impact, Fortnite and GTA V are still going strong today. Even Anthem, which many consider a failure, sold very well. Yes, there are a lot of legitimate live service failures (Avengers) but when they hit, they smash. That's why Ubisoft really want in on that action. The problem is they lack the competence to execute it well, hence Valhalla. The Division 1 was excellent but that was developed by Massive and The Division 2 isn't as good.

Suggested Topics