ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Chillspectre
    Original poster 6 posts

Apology for my poor English. I 'm not a native english speaker. But the issues are just not seem to be solved for a long time. This is why I'm here writing the feedback. I will try to make my description to the issues easy to understand. the post might be a little bit long, but please finish reading it.
    Painting issue:
    First of all, it was after the big update in this month. I didn't check my paintings last week. It was yesterday that I found some of my paintings I made, were, "missing". Well, acctually, not completely missing. (As it is known to all, the paintings you make in TC2, can be applied to other cars. For example, I make a painting for Agera R(HC ver), the painting can also be applied to Agera R(DF ver), or other cars.)
    So here is the problem. What I said about the "missing paintings",means, on a certain car , some certain paintings are missing.
    Specifically, I have made over 60 paintings, but when I check Agera R(HC), there are only 45 left. That is over 15 paintings missing. BUT, if I check Corvette C6R(TC), there are 46 paintings left.
    What's more, the missings in Agera R are not the same to the missings in C6R. I mean, the painting-missing issue is happening to every car, but the exactly missing paintings can be different to different cars. But generally ,the oldest 10 paintings(not an accurate number) are missing. Sometimes the newest ones can be missing, too.
    And here is the most confusing part. The paintings (I made) which is already applied to my cars, even if they are missing in the painting list, they can still be seen on my car.
    So, as far as I'm concerned, it must be a terrible bug causing my paintings to be "missing".
    Restarting the game doesn't help at all.
    Before this update, there is also a situation causing painting missing. If you get into the game, and, use the menu or the map to go somewhere else, instead of closing the menu firstly to show up in your home, some of your paintings will be missing. But this can be fixed easily by going back to the home and check your painting list.
    Audio issue:
    It was back to the Contractor update, and the regular audio issue happened since that time.
    For this bug, when you get into the game and go to drive, the volume of your vehicle(including your engine and the horn volume), is obviously lower than it is suposed to be. Now every time I open the TC2, before I start to do somthing I will firstly go and do a "the contractor" mission. Through this trick, I can get the volume back to normal. So this is definitly a bug.
    (Before this bug happened, there were still some volume bugs. For example, random-happening vehicle volume getting lower, missing horn)

I really wish that you guys can do your best to fix these bugs. Look, I'm certainly not one of the so called elite players. But I'm Icon 2196 and have played over 1000 hours. I really devoted myself into this game. That's why all these issues causing bad game play experiences matters to me. Come on, I haven't even played 1000 hours in NFS! (EA sucks)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

@chillspectre

Hey there.

Thanks for reporting this to us. We'd be happy to pass these issues on for further investigation if you can provide video of this we could take a look at.

For the first issue I understand this might be difficult or take a long time to put together but I think the best thing you could do is demonstrate the part where you mentioned that the amounts of liveries you've created are different when alternating between your different vehicles. Images would be great but video would be amazing if that's possible for you.

For the second issue could you provide video that demonstrated the volume differences both before and after playing a contractor mission.

If you're able to provide videos for these issues please upload them first to a video host and send us a link.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • Chillspectre
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-orion
    Thank you for replying my message.Okay, I will manage to record vidoes to make a further explanation on the issues.
    In addition to the video, I may need some more text to describe these problems. I would like to write the text next to the video link for convenience.

Thank you again for replying my message and being willing to provide help!

• Chillspectre
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-orion
    Hi, I've uploaded the videos and here is the link:https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV11Y4y1q72r?share_source=copy_web: (https://bilibili.com/video/BV11Y4y1q72r?share_source=copy_web)

For the first part, it decribes the audio issue.
    At the beginning of the video, I had just start the game and got into the menu. I showed my audio setting (acctually I don't think the setting produce an effect on the issue). Then I get out of my house and drive.You can pay a little attention to the volume of this period of time. Soon I fast travel to the contractor mission and start the mission.

So here is the key. Since I began to drive, you can notice that, the engine's sound, was suddenly enhanced in an instant (When it was around the 300km/h. 1min35sec in the video), not long after I used the NOS. Actrually, the audio volume didn't changed that much and fast, but it still bothers. I didn't show the volume change of the horn before and after the contractor mission, but as you know it, the volume of the horn is sync with the vehicle's. Both of them were changed after the mission.

And here is the problem, it is not the volume enhenced in the mission, it was supposed to reach the "enhenced volume" at the beginnig. So, the contractor mission is actrually the method I used to temporarily fix the audio issue for the bug happens every time I get into the game. And as you can see, I'm afraid the usage of the NOS was the key. (I'm not sure if you guys call the "speed boost" as the NOS, aka NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEM, but I'm used to the calling.)

For the second part, it decribes the livery loss issue.

By watching the video, you can take, maybe one or two or more liveries which was still there, as references. Then you can acquire a better understanding to the description I made before.

In the video, the livery loss situations to different vehicles were slightly different. But generally the loss happens to the earlier created liveries.(Not shown in the video, but it rarely happens to the new made liveries. I mean it can happen to the new made liveries, but the chance is much lower) And as you can see, even the livery "disappeared" on the list, it could still be shown on the vehicle.(For Corvette C6R, C6R's livery was no longger on the list when we firstly checked CCR, yet it was still on the C6R. And the livery was appeared later when we check C6R).

So, I think, the liveries are not actually lost, they are just unable to be correctly shown on the list due to the bug.

Hope my videos and description are helpfull to staff members. And do help out with the bugs please!

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@chillspectre Thank you so much for the video clip and the descriptions you added to the video! Just to check before I pass this onto the team, do you notice any improvements after verifying your game files and completing this PC technical troubleshooting guide? Please let me know!

Official Response
  • Chillspectre
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubisushivamp
    Yes, I have just finished the game files verifying on Steam(just showing "Verification Complete", so I guess my files are fine), and I got into TC2 again. The result was the same as before.

The hardware of my laptop is supposed to be fine, and here are some details of my device:
    Omen by HP 15-dc0011tx (Omen IV),
    System: Windows 10 20H2
    RAM:16G
    CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H
    GPU:Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6G) with Driver version:466.77 (release date 2021/06/22)

You may notice that, my GPU driver version is not the latest. But, as you know, the old 1060 GPU works better with an older version driver. That's why I am still using this driver.
    But the audio issue has a long history, it happened back to the update of the first Contractor update, and before the update, the audio runs well. (well, maybe not that well... but it won't lead to a stable bug that every time I enter the game the volume of vehicles is a little bit lower than it supposed to be...) So I don't think the problem comes from my driver or device, for it was able to run the game well.

OK back to the issue. In the last paragraph I mentioned the current audio issue again, which appears as a stable happening issue (every time I enter the game), and can be temperorily fixed every time with a stable method (get into a contractor mission and use NOS).
    Here are 2 clues come up to me:

1. So, before this issue, back to 2020, since then, there might be a randomly happening vehicle volume decrease in TC2. But it rarely happened(Mentioned in post above). I can't remember the exact situation when the bug happened very well, but it didn't seem to have some sign before the bug, it only happend in races I think. I do went through the old bug few times, but still it didn't seem to be a stable bug. So, I'm afraid it may still stays in TC2 and may have connection to other bugs, like this audio issue we are talking about.
    2. Besides, you guys should know that, the volume of some cars which were lately added into TC2, is ,emmmmm, a little louder than the former cars. For example, CCR sounds definately louder than Agera R in TC2, especially the engine's volume (I mean I did'n't notice the horn's performance). The volume difference is constant, which means, before I using the contractor method to fix the volume, CCR sounds louder, and It is the same after I use the method, CCR is still louder. So is this thing, is this volume difference in former and later cars, could lead to the issue?

Anyway, I think the audio issue is related to TC2 itself. But I don't major in computer science or programing in the university... So those are just my deduction. But still I don't think the issue is cause by my PC...

And, the livery loss issue, umm, since the data of players is stored in the servers, and the issue only happened after this American Legand update, I prefer the idea that, maybe the server or data somehow went wrong? But whatever the reason is, there's nothing I can do now.

Thank you again for willing to offer the help! And hope the thing work out eventually.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Thanks for getting back to us @chillspectre !

The issues noting the sound levels of horns and engines are being looked into by the team at the moment, but more information has been requested.

• Are these issues happening with all horns / vehicles or only certain ones?
    • Do you find this issue starts after completing certain actions or being in certain locations?
    • You noted having a method to temporarily fix this, may we please know what that is?

Additionally, the team would like copies of your DxDiag and MSinfo system files, if you could please open a case on our Support Site and upload these as per this guide.

As for the liveries going missing, this is also being looked into.

Do you find you have the option to 'Buy' your liveries when they go missing?

Official Response
  • Chillspectre
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-theberry
    Hi, more information about the issues is here:

1. The audio issues happens to all the vehicles. And as you know the Vehicle's Volume means, including both engines and the horns.
    2. The audio issues happens, everytime I enter the game. Of course, restarting TC2 doen't help. As long as I enter the game, the issue will stably happen. No trigger events.
    3. The audio issue can be temperorily fixed by using a stable method (get into a contractor mission and use NOS), the issue will be fixed very very soon (temperorily, of course) (you can check the video again, the post with the link and discription is above)
    4. About the livery issue, yes, The missing liveries, which can't be found on my livery list, but was once uploaded to community in TC2, can still be found in community and I can "buy" them. The missing liveries are seemed to be only missing on my own livery list.

As for the system files, the problem is, the case page, just saying "Log in", yet I have logged in. I am speechless right now.
    I suggest that, you can give me an e-mail adress and I can send an e-mail with the system data to you. If you are allowed to do so...

Do check the posts I wrote above, please. There are a lot more descriptions up there!

• Chillspectre
    Original poster 6 posts

@chillspectre
    Ok, I finally made it to submit the case.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hey @chillspectre ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here, thanks for the system files and response, we appreciate it!

I've added your report to the ongoing investigations into the engine sounds and missing liveries, which are still ongoing at the moment.

It may be that the team request some further information so please keep an eye out and we'll let you know when we hear more.

Thank you for your assistance with this and our apologies for the inconvenience caused while we continue to look into this!

Official Response
  • RaveMartin
    8 posts

Hello UBI...
    Still no update about this audio and livery issues?
    About the audio:
    Me and my friends we have the same problem with audio being at lower volume at the start of the game.
    I found another "fix" to the issue. Other than using NOS in Contractor missions the second option is to crash with other vehicles in Contractor missions.
    About the liveries:
    The problem of not seeing my own liveries is not always there, sometimes I see them, sometimes not. So it is not as big issue as the audio one,
    which is there after every start of the game.
    I hope you will find the fix soon and hopefuly include it into the next big update for season 6.
    Thank you and have a nice day.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@ravemartin Hello there!

Our teams are still investigating further with these issues, however some cases have been resolved with some more in depth troubleshooting.

Would you be able to reach out to us via a support case if you've not done so already?

Many thanks.

Official Response

Suggested Topics