ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LatereJeugd
    Original poster 23 posts

I have no running missions, but still I can't take any new missions.
    What do I mean with no new missions.

When I a hide out or walking on the street some people handover a piece of paper and you talk back to accept the new mission/order.

If someone handover this new mission I press the square button but nothing happens.
    In the left top screen is also no running missions.

So a little help would be appreciated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@laterejeugd Hey! Sorry to hear that no new missions are showing.

If you fast travel out of the area does this issue still happen?

• cskiller86
    109 posts

@laterejeugd If you're talking about the people with exclamation points above their heads, then, after talking with them, you're supposed to hold the map button, which will mark their mission as active. But this doesn't work on all mission types; it works on all Checkpoints or Outposts, but, for example, it doesn't work on Treasure Hunts (because it just marks the starting point on the map, but you have to go there and interact with the box to actually start the mission).
    So, not sure why you're pressing the Square button.

Or maybe you mean that you found some of these people with the clipboard/piece of paper in their hands and you want to interact with them (by pressing Square button), but it doesn't work and they don't give a new mission? If that's the case, maybe you've discovered all the missions in the area and there's nothing else left.
    Some pics with your Journal and your Map would be nice.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @LatereJeugd!

Can pretty much confirm what's been stated above by @cskiller86.

If you do happen to be referring to NPC's that will have exclamation mark on the map and if interacting with them does not lead to any particular objective, this could be due to the fact that you have progressed in the game fairly far and have cleared out the areas you're looking for these missions.

Should you be referring to anything else or if you'd like to share us video footage of this, any chance you could play it through in the game and then with the 'Share' button functionality on your controller, you should be able to put it up on YouTube (for example) and then share the link with us in the thread.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Official Response
  • LatereJeugd
    Original poster 23 posts

@cskiller86
    Or maybe you mean that you found some of these people with the clipboard/piece of paper in their hands and you want to interact with them (by pressing Square button), but it doesn't work and they don't give a new mission? If that's the case, maybe you've discovered all the missions in the area and there's nothing else left.
    Some pics with your Journal and your Map would be nice.

Pics will come, and yes that's what I mean, and now there is a lot of stuff to do.
    I have not been at Esperanza yet. And there are also some anti aircraft left to do.

So far from the end.

• LatereJeugd
    Original poster 23 posts

@ubi-karl

How do I get the video of the PS5?

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Thanks for your response @LatereJeugd!

So in order record footage with PS5, you just simply have to play it through as normal and then when you're ready for it to be captured, you can click 'Share' button on your controller, which will open up a new menu and you will be able to choose how long you want the footage to be (minutes-wise), etc. As soon as you're ready to save it, you'll need to click square button and it will capture the recording (do mind it works a bit differently than recording on PC, as if you were recording on PC you'd need to turn on recording software beforehand).

As soon as you got the video footage ready, you can then go to your console library where all of your videos + screenshots are, select it and then you should be given the option to 'Share' the video on YouTube (do mind you'll need an account for it though, in case if you do not have one already). If you proceed, it will upload it there and then you can visit back this thread and post the link to it.

Hope this helps so let us know if you run into any further difficulties!

Official Response
  • LatereJeugd
    Original poster 23 posts

@ubi-karl
    Thank you for your support, and making this awesome game.

Here is a link to the video. Yaran stories and other stories are working.

At this moment I have no missions. Don't know what to do.

• cskiller86
    109 posts

@laterejeugd Some pictures with the map and Journal would be appreciated.
    Like I said, the intel NPC doesn't have any new missions or locations to reveal in the region, probably.
    IIRC, an intel NPC from the West region doesn't give intel in on other regions; I might be wrong though. Can you go to another region and see if NPCs there have exclamation points above their heads?

Also, what do you mean you have no missions? No side missions or not even main ones? Did you complete the game? (I'm guessing no, since you said you have never been to Esperanza)

• LatereJeugd
    Original poster 23 posts

@cskiller86 Thanks for your reply.
    I will first try to talk to NPC in other regions. But i think that all NPC's in the game stopped giving missions or orders.

And that is what I ment by no missions. I have done some treasure hunts, and the Yaran stories.
    The Yaran and treasure missions I have started them by myself.
    And that is the weird part, normal the NPC give you these orders ( I think).
    The Yaran stories are given in the base camp so that is working good.

Maybe after the update with stranger things, some bugs came along.

I will make a video with the journal and the map and some more.

Thanks for helping me out here.

p.s. if you look on the forums there are lots of people with the same problems. No new NPC missions.....

My guess there is a bug.

• LatereJeugd
    Original poster 23 posts

Below a overview from 2 regions with all main missions i found on internet.
    There are a few i haven't done yet. So how do i get/start these missions?
    In a few day's I will post the ones I have done so far.

And tanks for all reply's.

Isla Santuario

1. The Lucky One
    2. Juan of a Kind
    3. Du or Die
    4. Fire and Fury
    5. Fuel the Revolution
    6. Libertad Rises
    7. The Guerrilla

Madrugada

1. Meet the Monteros
    2. Napoleon El Pequeno
    3. Blood Ties
    4. Clear the Air
    5. Second Son
    6. Packing Heat
    7. Sundown
    8. Bury the Hatchet
    9. Death Warrant
    10. Open Skies
    11. Diesel Daisy
    12. Fly Ball
    13. Justicia Montero

• LatereJeugd
    Original poster 23 posts
  • LatereJeugd
    Original poster 23 posts

@laterejeugd
    I have done only one mission in region the Maximas.

How do I get the rest Ubisoft?

• cskiller86
    109 posts

@laterejeugd I'm still not sure what you're talking about exactly. At first, you were talking about the clipboard NPCs and now you're posting lists of main missions.

First, about the NPCs with the clipboards:

• you can find them in safehouses or in captured outposts/checkpoints
    • they don't give you missions per se, they only give you locations of important things/side-mission (for example, they can mark on your map things like Checkpoints, FND Outposts, Interceptions, Yaran Story NPCs etc.);
      • you then go the location they marked on the map and only then the side-mission actually starts; for example, they mark a Yaran Story (purple circle icon), you go there, talk to another NPC and the Yaran Story starts.

Second, about the main missions (those called Operations in the Journal), they are unlocked one after the other; so, you have to complete one to unlock the next one.
    Or maybe you mean they are not marked on the map? I see in your video that you have no active mission.
    If you select a mission in the Journal and press (X) Track, then it will become active and show you the objective in the upper-left side of the screen; in addition, tracked missions will also show you the yellow rhombus/diamond icon on the map and in the world view, so that you know where to go.
    BTW, missions that are active but not tracked, will appear with a white rhombus/diamond icon on the map (for example, at 0:12 in your latest video, there is an untracked mission on the right side of the screen, right above the red Interception icon; there is also another one in the lower-right side of the screen). You can track them right from the map if you place the cursor over them and press Square.

On another note, you didn't really show much of the map and the Journal. In my previous post, I mentioned showing the map because I mostly wanted to see what important locations are marked already.
    From the brief moment you showed the map in your latest video, I can see that you've captured all checkpoints and outposts in the Western region, Madrugada (or at least from the Costa del Mar and Lozania sub-regions), and that there are some Yaran Stories and Interception missions marked.
    So maybe there is no more intel for the clipboard NPCs to show; however, without seeing all the sub-regions of Madrugada, and without knowing what missions you already completed, I can't say for sure.

• LatereJeugd
    Original poster 23 posts

@cskiller86 Thank you so much for your reply. It is much more clear now.
    I was indeed talking about the NPC with clipboards, but i was also talking about the operations.
    BTW it's more clear now how FC6 works.

At first i noticed that the NPC's where reach out the clipboards and i could not respond anymore.
    There is still no interaction possible. ...I think the Treasure Hunts are all done.
    How about the Yaran stories, they are not all done. Turn the Patry and some other are not done by me.

What you wrote over the white diamond and other icon's i will look for it.

I started Fly Ball from The Journal, after I finished this operation it looks like I got the operations from the characters again.
    I will now start the operations from the journal and see what happens.

Thanks again.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hi @cskiller86 we appreciate you helping out here with this issue of missing missions!

@LatereJeugd We're glad to hear these mission mechanics seem a little clearer now. Please let us know, should you find yourself in a situation again where you have no missions active, and you're unable to locate/activate new missions.

Many thanks.

Official Response

Suggested Topics