ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KalleKa1a
    Original poster 36 posts

I wanted to start a thread for this challenge because it has been in the weekly challenges multiple times already. I think this challenge is ridiculous because it's pointless grinding for the player. You only make 1 point of damage if you ram the enemy with your horse so you have to do damage other way (and hope you leave just a tiny bit of health to the enemy and do not accidentally kill him) before calling horse and try to kill the enemy with it. I just think this kind of a challenge is pointless because it doesn't require any skill from the player but just pointless grinding to complete it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KalleKa1a
    Original poster 36 posts

@kalleka1a

Great! I ran around with my horse ramming herons and they didn't even count because online problems with servers. Then the servers came back online and I had to run around again after herons. I don't think that's what Assasins Creed games should be about?

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@kalleka1a running over snakes works 😉
    And you don't have to redo the kills, they are queued and will be updated in your stats.

• jacqulina
    8 posts

@kalleka1a for doing this challenge,i used fists only knocked them out and carry them if need be to a nice stretch of path or road,and called my horse and ran each one over,and used sight to make sure all dead,i hope this helps.its not the game peeps its a great game.

• KalleKa1a
    Original poster 36 posts

@bielik01
    Yes I had to because the online error the game gave me so those kills didn't count. I tested Farcry 6 and it too had online problems first but then it connected to Ubisoft servers. I did Farcry's challenges first and then returned to Assassins Creed and run around killing herons. This time game counted those kills and I completed the challenge.

Btw. I found it easier to run over herons because they die from one hit and it is usually quite easy to hit them from full speed. Snakes the otherwise you have to kick 3 to 4 times first and then run over them at least 10 times. That takes a lot of time and I consider that grinding.

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@kalleka1a where do you find so many herons they're not flying away?

• KalleKa1a
    Original poster 36 posts

@bielik01

The red dot is the ruins where you find dozens of snakes. I just roamed around the red circled area and aligned my direction so that I rode the horse straight from behind the herons or straight in front of them. When they take flight you either hit them immediately because they are flying towards you or they fly the same direction you are going and you catch them almost immediately.

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@kalleka1a wow, I know that place 😂
    I didn't know heron kills also count for the challenge. Good job!

• thegardener25
    177 posts

@kalleka1a When this weekly challenge first appeared, I wasted a bit of time, by trying to repeatedly ram individual guards, & realized that was a pointless strategy. The thing is that, even though you're on fairly even ground, & you're horse can turn on the head of a pin (at times). There seems to be a lack of weight (for want of a better description), in handling the mount. Like, if I'm riding towards a target, the mount seems to 'swerve' the target! So soon after, I went with @jacqulina 's approach. I unequipped weapons, & punched guards to the ground. It's quite satisfying to see all you're dropped enemies lined up on a roadway (although, it takes time to carry them there!). Then the additional satisfaction of running over them with the horse, & seemingly, completing a challenge in 1 go!?

I think you're choice of location & using Heron's is great! But it came around too late! As @bielik01 mentioned, "I know that place", too! there's a platform on a tree that's great for firing poison packets. (for another connect challenge), once you kill the 2 or 3 bears in the area, the other animals just wander around freely! Just drop the poison pack, then let them run, die, & spread the poison. I used the Heron's as predator hit's to increase adrenaline, to fire more poison.

But, as I said, it would have been useful to hear that tip a few months ago! I'm down to playing a couple of hours, in 1 afternoon per week now! But, I must wait until UBISOFT decides when this agony will finally end! PLEASE, UBISOFT? give an actual roadmap for the end of this game!!! Not a plan for [censored] I never paid for (even though I thought I'd bought everything I needed to play, & put this unfortunate game decision to bed), or an incentive for people who never bought the game!

Suggested Topics