ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/15 Replies/2479 Views
    lucasalles
    Original poster 2 posts

Hello folks, I'm having this issue and it's very frustrating 😭 

I'm using 2 screens and when playing in full screen, windowed, borderless, whatever, the mouse cursor always goes out of the game monitor and ends up on the second. It doesn't happen if I'm in the menu of the game, only when playing, which makes it impossible to fight for example. The mouse goes to the second screen and I start clicking on icons, or whatever is there. Sometimes opens after-effects in the middle of a battle by accident. it's really annoying. I can't find a way to solve this unless installing software. Has anyone has had this same problem? did you find a solution?

My only solution right now is to off-set the screens but still happens now and again.

Please HELP!!

Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 894 posts

Hey lucasalles! Very sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with the mouse in Valhalla! Please ensure that your system has the latest drivers for your mouse, and that you have the latest USB drivers for your motherboard.

In addition, if you are using a plug-and-play setup for your mouse without any software installed, updating your USB drivers should solve the problem. However, if you are using a brand-name mouse, make sure that the software is up-to-date. Third-party software itself has also been known to cause issues and may need to be uninstalled entirely. 

If this continues to persist after trying the steps above, please let me know what kind of mouse you are using. Thanks!

Official Response
  • lucasalles
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubikobold Hello, thanks for your reply! All the drives are up to date, motherboard, mouse, etc. I have 2 and the issue happens with both. One is Logitech G600 and the other one is Logitech Performance MX.

I even tried uninstalling the Logitech App and drivers but the issue still happens. Strange that it does not happen on AC Odyssey, the cursor remis on the main screen when I'm playing.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks, Lucas 

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 894 posts

@lucasalles

Thanks for the update! That is interesting that it is only happening with AC Valhalla. Would you be able to create a ticket and submit your MSinfo and DxDiag files? Then, provide your ticket number here and I can go review the files.

Also, since this is only happening with AC Valhalla, please try verifying your game files as well.

Official Response
  • OldSchool-1500
    2 posts

This just started happening to me. Maddening!!

• Dusst3r
    1 posts

@ubikobold holy [censored] year after and i still encounter such stupid bug in this game

• lemmie88
    289 posts

This started happening to me too. I thought it was my setup, but it has never happened before TU 1.4.0. I tried switching from windowed to fullscreen, but it made no difference. My mouse keeps clicking on my second screen, the game gets deselected so that my K&M input no longer registers until I click back onto the game window. I almost died like 4 times during the "veiled threats" quest because Eivor will just stop and not respond while being eviscerated by a werewolf. Is this the next mastery challenge?😂

• tompamisi
    3 posts

There's a similar topic from two years ago with no solution. I'm experiencing the exact same issue and I wonder if anyone investigated this since.
    I have two monitors, win 11, G502 Hero, all latest drivers. I've played many games, including 3 other AC titles with the same rig and never encountered this issue before, only with Valhalla. Mouse cursor leaves the game window at random points and ends up messing around on the second screen, whille my character stands still and suffers the vicious blows from the enemy. I get killed a lot because of this.

Please find a fix, this is extremely annoying.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4069 posts

Hi @tompamisi apologies for the late response.

I am also sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your mouse cursor moving to the second screen during gameplay.

I have merged your post with the original thread that reported this issue.

I can see that there is a setting in-game to lock the cursor to your screen. This is set to off by default. Can you please go into the control settings and check if the option is enabled, if not try enabling it then try again and see if the issue persists.

Official Response
  • SnipsMK_2
    1 posts

The game has been out since 10th November 2020 yet the issue with the mouse cursor leaving the game area, when running more than one monitor, continues to be an issue.

1. When can we expect a fix
    2. Why has this not been addressed

I will assume it was never tested in this capacity but Division 1/2 doesn't suffer from the same issues, maybe you could actually deploy a fix to keep us PC gamers from the pain of this issue?

• snips86x
    6 posts

Any news on this? It's getting increasingly annoying.

• burningwar
    2 posts

Platform: Windows 11

Issue One:
    In the boardless mode of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the mouse often moves off the main monitor. This caused a lot of disruptions when playing the game and was extremely annoying during the flights.

I don't want to switch to the fullscreen only because it has less response speed while switching between the game and apps.

Issue Two:
    If I minimize the game, the GPU is still rendering the game. That means if I just want to pause my game for a while and do some other GPU jobs, the performance drops dramatically. Some games like Watch Dogs will 'hibernate' the game if I minimize it, which is very good.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

Hey!

Thank you both for reaching out about this issue with the mouse cursoe.

1. When can we expect a fix - I am unable to see a report on this already and have not been able to find any other reports of this issue except one here.
    2. Why has this not been addressed - As advised there was only one report of this where the issue was resolved.

Within the thread linked above they advise to try the following:

1) If you press alt+enter when you start up and right click on the other monitor before pressing alt enter again it seems to work.
    2) Switching to windowed mode and back to full screen. Another says clicking a few times within the window in windowed mode, then go to full screen.
    3) Alt-tab out and back in
    5) Just enter the settings menu and back out

Please try these and let us know if the issue continues.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • burningwar
    2 posts

@ubi-viral I'm getting the same issues here. Only works with the fullscreen mode. But I prefer the boardless. Please fix.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4069 posts

Hi @burningwar I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with your mouse cursor whilst using two monitors.

I have merged several posts from other threads about this issue into one thread.

There is a setting in-game to lock the cursor to your screen, this is set to off by default. Can you please go into the control settings and check if the option is enabled, if not try enabling it then try again and see if the issue persists.

With regards to your second question, I will forward your feedback on to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

Official Response

Suggested Topics