ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 4 Likes/30 Replies/967 Views
    Mexicola9302
    Original poster 5 posts

I been googling for hours i can't turn it off, it drives me crazy hearing that sound.
    Here a short example video (sorry for the bad FPS, but it's about the sound) that has the annoying sound that plays whenever there is a new ally nearby.

I figured out why that sound plays after recording that video, if i walk around turn around, then see a blue point appearing that is an ally, i get this sound played.

Why there is no option to turn that off?
    Is there any "gamerprofile" XML edit to turn that off?

Nobody in the world needs a sound inidcator for something like this, and if IT HAS TO BE OPTIONAL FFS.

Please i need to turn that off.

I made another one where it can be clearly seen it has to do with allies. Skip to 40 seconds in the video there it can be seen/heard. Obviously i made the normally blue dots green.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@mexicola9302 Hey! Thank you for getting in touch about in-game sounds and thank you for the videos.. This is not a sound I am too familiar with and it could be an accessibility feature.

Can you check the games accessibility settings to see if anything shows to disable this sound?

• Mexicola9302
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-viral

I already checked every option, there is no way to turn it off.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @Mexicola9302, thanks for your response there!

I have reached out to our game team for confirmation, however in my understanding this is not something you'll be able to specifically turn off (as far as the beeping sound itself is concerned), therefore should indeed this be the case, we'd be more than happy to forward this over as a suggestion to consider going forward. Should I be wrong however, I will make sure to update the thread with the exact steps you can take.

In the meantime, if you do happen to have any further queries or run into any difficulties, feel free to drop us a message at any time!

Official Response
  • Mexicola9302
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-karl

Thanks i hope a future update will add an option to turn that off.

• Ubi-Karl

No worries @Mexicola9302, fully appreciate where you're coming from and we will see what the future holds.

Should we happen to have any updates coming up in general, details are normally being posted here, in our official forums, so more than welcome to keep an eye!

Official Response
  • ItsjustLurker
    8 posts

@ubi-karl Please for the love of us people that get triggered by repeated sounds like this one get out an option to turn these sounds off, I've tried starting up again playing Far Cry 6 3 times since launch and every time I get no more than 15 mins into playing before quitting. The sound is so triggering!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3274 posts

Hey @itsjustlurker 

I'm sorry to hear that you find yourself unable to play the game due to the sound. We have forwarded the feedback about this on to the dev team, so hopefully there may be a change to this in future updates for you.

Official Response
  • rickidoo2010
    149 posts

I really like FC 6 overall, however it seems that the developers ignore two important design considerations:

1. always offer difficulty levels that allow seasoned players, who are some of the most verbal, to feel challenged. Title 5 update pretty much solved that but not having it at release time subjected the game to a roaring crowd of criticism that no doubt hurt the company's bottom line. And unfortunately, such criticism gets placed in posts and reviews and never comes out even when an update (e.g., Title 5) deals with it.
    2. Always allow players the option to shut things off. In this case we're talking the "beeps". I find them annoying. Like slow torture. Again, its the seasoned players that can be the biggest cheerleaders for a new game, but its things like this that keep us from cheering as loud as we would. (Wish I could find the sound file for the beeps and noises, I would take them out.

• markhershberger
    1 posts

Please for the affection people humans that get precipitated with the aid of using repeated appears like this one get out an alternative to show those sounds off, I`ve attempted taking off once more gambling Far Cry 6 three instances for the reason that release and whenever I get no extra than 15 minutes into gambling earlier than quitting. The sound is so triggering!

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1316 posts

Hey there folks.

Thanks for your further feedback on this. I'll pass this on to the team for you.

Official Response
  • SaltyMelon75
    2 posts

@ubi-viral please fix this, so annoying, i can't play because of this!

• Ubi-Karl

Hey @SaltyMelon75, I do appreciate your input (as I can see you've mentioned this in another thread too) and can confirm that feedback was forwarded accordingly.

We will see what the future holds and until then, if you have any more feedback to share, or if you run into any difficulties, feel free to reach out at any time!

Official Response
  • Mexicola9302
    Original poster 5 posts

It's actually hostages not allies, sorry i should have explained that more correctly. Well but it's still annoying, it doesn't really matter what causes it, it just needs to get fixed.

• Ubi-Karl

Hey @Mexicola9302, thanks for adding correction and will make sure to add it to the report.

Should you happen to have any further queries or run into any other issues in the meantime, feel free to reach out at any time!

Official Response
  • darknite_781
    3 posts

@ubi-karl Do you have any updates on this? It's one of the most annoying parts of the game. It happens constantly, beeping/chiming notification when hostages appear in the vicinity of the player. PLEASE provide an option to disable this, I am unable to play because of this.

• Steve64b
    173 posts

@darknite_781 Get rid of the Amigo, they tag (Turrets, Security Cameras, Tripwires, and Alarms) automatically.

If you're on PC, request a modder to make a mod to disable the sound. Check the Libertad Mod and modding Discord.

• Mexicola9302
    Original poster 5 posts
    @darknite_781 Get rid of the Amigo, they tag (Turrets, Security Cameras, Tripwires, and Alarms) automatically.

If you're on PC, request a modder to make a mod to disable the sound. Check the Libertad Mod and modding Discord.

I already tried sending away the amigo, it doesn't help.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1316 posts

@darknite_781

Hey there.

We've raised this with the team as a feedback request from yourself and other players. As soon as we know more we'll let you know.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • Segomeister
    1 posts

I am getting the same issue and it is killing the immersion. I just cannot understand how the sound file is not attached to the tagging option. Tagging off, sound off. Tagging on, sound on. I just spoke to one of the "help" here and I was pretty much told this is how it is. If you don't like it, we don't care. That's a good way to lose customers (although I have heard nothing but bad things about Ubisoft's customer support). I literally cannot play this with that popping sound every few seconds.

I wanted to test it so I stared straight into the sky, still got the sound. Straight down at the ground, also got the sound. Unless we're tagging UFOs and things underground, I am really not sure how this is, as it was put to me by the supposed "help", "working as is intended".

I have uninstalled the PS5 version and was installing the PS4 version thinking it was a bug because I also have FC6 on the Xbox and I do not remember the sound on the Xbox version.

Honestly, if this is how Ubisoft are going to treat us customers, I won't be buying another game which is not what I want to happen.

Ubi-nohelp: "I understand that you keep hearing the tagging sound even after you have disabled tagging in the options menu in Far Cry 6?"
    Me: That is correct
    Ubi-nohelp: Please note that this is working as intended and the only way to fully disable it is too turn down the effects volume however that will impact all other effects as well, apologies for any inconveniences caused.

I asked if I could request this "feature" removed...
    Ubi-nohelp: All cases are handled by agents such as myself therefore this won't be possible.

I was not happy with this "agent" and the fact that he was blowing my issue off because it obviously doesn't rate high to him.

Again, this needs to be added as an option to completely disable the sound or have the sound attached to the tagging option

Suggested Topics