Dear Ubi/Massive,3 Likes/8 Replies/158 Views
I read in one of your comments in one thread that you are working hard on new content despite no communication and yesterday saw in a youtube video from NothingButSkillz, that you are hiring people for division 2 development. That gives me hope!
But at the same time I have fears.
I play Division 1 and 2 more than I ever played other games, most I stopped playing very quickly.
I played both Division games more than 2.500 hours each, just reached SHD 6.100.
Why do I play these games that much: I very much enjoy the great visuals of both games (Div 2 would require some tweaks though and reducing or better excluding the kitschy cartoonish stuff), how it feels to shoot (much better than in other shooters, but would personally prefer realistic shooting instead of bullet sponge, but accepted as it is) and it works great playing with others! Very well done!!! Thank you for these very great games.
Both games have the potential to be superb games for me, though!
Well, people are different, having different likings. My clan leader for example plays Raids everyday, I played both 3 times, do not want to play these ever again. I know people playing every day Conflict and darkzone without any interest in PvE stuff, people are different and the games have a lot to offer to suit different tastes, which is great.
In Division 1 you made the mistake by not adding open world content into the super great open world in endgame, which is basically dead, apart from the few bounties. You added then the great Survival and good Underground DLC. The incursions and resistences I do not play at all after having played them several times. I wished you would have added content to the great open world map. If you would release an upgrade of division 1, I would be happy to pay 100 EUR for it .
Because you apparently have resources to further develop Division 2, which is great, very much appreciate it, I have the fear that you are focusing completely on technical things because of the latest changes (new mask, changed striker set) and communication so far (change of skill tree, new game mode). Well people are different, personally I do not care at all of these things.
Some people want more raids, others more legendary missions, legendary in open world, more exotics, new guns, new gear, classified ones as in Division 1, incursions/resistences … I do not care at all of all these things, others dreaming of a new paid DLC like WoNY inc me .
Because you apparently have resources for further developing Division 2, please do not focus 100% on technical stuff only and use some of your resources for improving the usage of the existing map(s).
I posted several proposals here and in Reddit forum as a lot other players did as well. Please do not make the same mistake as in Division 1.
But of course, you added great stuff to the game already, the great outskirts missions, WoNY, some people enjoy the Raids and Conflict, well there are even people liking Summit (sorry for sarcasm) and Kenly (really?, sorry again).
Some bullets for what could be improved with regard to the existing map(s) to make the game a phantastic one for GnarlyAtol :
- Make use of the great raid maps for normal PvE content (missions, side missions, projects, integrating in daily/weekly projects (keeping current set up as a special mode) and integrating in open world map instead of technical add-on
- the same for the 5 great Conflict maps
- the same for the 3 great darkzone maps
- the same for the great looking Kenly college map
- make use of the all great looking contaminated areas/buildings, locked locations from side missions, tunnels and locations used during campaign to hide SHD crates and loot crates only for use in endgame, eg for small projects
- especially make use of the great looking underground area of the City Hall Building from the WoNY entry mission which now not accessible more in the Control Point set-up. Why? Such a wasted great looking area, designed for a few minutes only during campaign? Are you serious?
- even the great looking safehouses could be used for simple projects instead of using them for fast traveling or the other technical stuff only
- improving control points activities by adding story link (eg task given by officer in base of operation) instead of pure simple technical shooting only and provide variability (eg varying numbers of npcs, bosses, waves, …), they are all the same
- exclude the nonsense tasks like the multiple public executions and propaganda! Common, you designed such a great map which is a artwork itself and adding such ridiculous loveless and uncreative stuff to it. I can’t understand that!
- exclude the ridiculous lawnmower!!!
- exclude the mutant-like bosses and suiciders and include realistic enemies
- include realistic and motivating tasks, examples for this further below
- make use of the super great looking mission maps for realistic side missions, projects, tasks, turning the mission maps into open maps like the open conflict maps to get the 100% linearity out for multiple use and including them in daily/weekly projects
Examples for realistic tasks for open world:
- you get a task from an officer at base of operations or from a civilian or you find information in a computer or a note on a desk in a building or … with information to a missing person, important information in a hidden computer server, … with hints where to search in the open world for finding a civilian, an important scientist, important technical appliances, important material ….
- That could be designed with different difficulty, requiring searching in open world with random npc encounters
- helping civilians getting attacked in the streets, helping to find missing persons, helping people who have been robbed, attacked at their houses/settlements …
- helping scientists, finding information, material, appliances, studies in hidden laboratories, …
- helping government/military/agents …
Further proposals to improve the great existing game and turn it into a phantastic one can be found in my posts in Reddit forum
Happy developing! I count on you
Oatiecrumble 660 posts
- exclude the ridiculous lawnmower!!!
Yes Yes Yes!!....hate them damm pointless things.
Some little things i would like to see is:
- Having the ability to change exotic weapon/armor skins
- Having the ability to change mods on exotic weapons
- Faster opening times of weapon caches
- Make better use of the settlements, maybe some kinda upgrade system based on reputation by doing activities for them, i.e better vendors that sell rare exclusive items, like mods for gear/weapons etc etc.
- Better use of the underground system, as of right now it's a waste of pixels...such a shame.
- The ability to pick what loot to drop (like the summit) in ALL missions but each mission to be on a daily rotation, otherwise most will be doing Lincoln Memorial everyday.
- Sandstorms, i know some like it but maybe have the option in settings to turn it off.....i just find it way OTT....Why no snow in D.C
- More better fine tuning in the gameplay settings for deadzone/ADS etc etc.
- Revamp KC....maybe a PVP zone for "X" amount of players per building?.....(p.s no i don't PVP)
- More CP's...yes More CP's
I have just had a brain fart so i will stop there
haha, I think you had several farts, very good ones.
Indeed, I forgot the settlements completely because being completely cartoonish and technically only. Yeah, there could be persons from which we could get tasks comparable to the campaign, would be good to make better use of them in a logical and realistic way in endgame content.
Sandstorms: yeah you see nothing but I like it because they are not that often. I am more struggling with the rain and fog happening so often but most because of the foggy visuals in rooms. Why do we have fog in buildings?
Snow: yeah that would be great to have dynamic seasons spring, summer, autumn, winter. Probably hard to implement requiring better hardware. Probably something for next gen.
Underground areas: indeed, disappointing and wasted, especially when comparing with the older Division 1 which had great tube tunnels. They designed a lot areas/buildings and only placing crates there. A lot waste.
Imagine_Brata 623 posts
well there are even people liking Summit
I like Summit. It's the only place you can play Legendary. in addition to missions.
And all strongholds mission should be Legendary
LateNiteDelight 1040 posts
- Unlock difficulty scaling for Classified Missions [including Legendary?]
- Missions to rebuild the Castle - utilize all the Sewer locations - making the scavs a more serious faction?
- Scale Raids, so it's viable for 4man teams [aka, make them incursions by dropping the annoying non-fight mechanics].
- Rework Kenley into a new game mode - tracking down Hunter research vs Black Tusk & Rogue Agents. Removes the puzzles, randomizes location of the Intel and enemies. Once you've gotten the Intel in each building, you'll face X waves of BT/Rogue/Hunter. Also waves on extract at the pond after completing all three buildings. No longer on rotation.
- Tweak Hardcore Mode. No longer permadeath, instead it scales enemy abilities separate from Armor/Health [each step is only a 10% bump in Armor/Health now] - while removing HUD and permanently adding Fog of War.
- Make the Crusader Shield the same as Hipfiring, plus a 100% increase in reload speed.
- Weekly HVT/VIP missions that take place in the Conflict Maps [Heroic Bounty or Hostage Rescue].
yeah, played legendary summit several times, definitely a different gaming experience.
Personally I am struggling with summit a lot, quite boring for me. Underground endless mode from division 1 was great for me. Of course you had no legendary, no flexible target loot functionality. The latter can be implemented in missions and areas as well.
Most of my friends play summit only when they are chasing for specific gear which is a sad motivation.
Personally I am not fond of all modes, apart from Survival in Division 1 and Conflict in Division 2 because the modes are all technical playing only, without contribution to story, emotionless, basically the opposite what Division maps provide and make both games shine, at least for me
Oatiecrumble 660 posts
I really do think that The Summit is a poor version of The Underground......it's very tedious and feels like a copy and paste of each floor......just my opinion.
Underground felt good, Summit feels very tedious and boring......i dont think there is a comparison between the two.
I agree to that. But I can imagine that people being only interested in the technical gun/skill play the visuals are not that important in such a mode.
But the visuals, the great open world maps, the great looking missions, that’s what makes the division games shine for me. Therefore I was mostly disappointed from their additions. But in TD2 they listened to customers and added new missions and even the big and great WoNY … the right additions for me
Underground was visually great as everything in Division 1. Personally I am no fan of the endless mode though. Fine to have that but I wished they would youse the great tunnels and rooms in a fixed underground arrangement with integration in open world map for use of some missions, side missions, projects. The same they should have done with all mode areas, like the incursions and resistences in division 1 and division 2 as well instead of these special usages only. Most of their additions are simply not in line with that what makes these game shine, emotionless, storyless, pure technical.