ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• blacktiefamily
    Original poster 29 posts

Why is outpost reset put enemy to your level +4? Insurgency, the endgame content only set the enemies to your level +2. This makes half the base weapons ineffective because they cannot oneshot-headshot with armor piercing ammo. It just makes absolutely zero sense to have enemies to be bullet sponges in a Far Cry game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2516 posts

Hey @blacktiefamily

I imagine it was done this way just to add extra challenge to the game, but I'll forward on your feedback regarding this to the game team.

Official Response
  • blacktiefamily
    Original poster 29 posts

@ubi-froggard I understand the added challenge but they deal way too much damage already. Having an enemy to both be tanky and deal insane damage is not fun. You know when a pistol like the D50 (a gun that has always been identified as the high damage, one shot hand cannon) cannot one-shot headshot an enemy, you have an issue with your health. There are ways to make the game more interesting and challenging, but giving making them bullet sponges is the laziest way to go about.

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

*please* do NOT make it easier. Yeah, it's harder with +4, but work up to it - that's part of the fun.

• blacktiefamily
    Original poster 29 posts

@rickidoo2010 Because shooting a guy 3 times in the head with AP rounds to kill him is very very very difficult. I'm asking for consistency, not ease of gameplay.

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@blacktiefamily I just "Abandoned" an FND base. That ranked the enemies to 21. The first time I attacked I was creamed - I was trying to go in guns blazing, no real strategy. The 2nd time, I took over the FND base totally stealth. Those armor piercing arrows placed in an enemie's head is a one shot kill. Thirdly, I reabandoned, then went in not so much much worrying about stealth. So that was a mixture of guns blazing, stealth, bobby traps and close up shot gun blasts. I took over the FND base and did not have to use a health fix once.

My point is that yeah it's hard - but it forces one to learn beyond what has been previously used... and in doing so makes the game so much more satisfying. That's why I don't want them to downgrade the difficulty. Work hard - try different approaches - different ammos... and have a blast... pardon the pun....

• blacktiefamily
    Original poster 29 posts

@rickidoo2010 sure, it forces me to switch from a mid tier gun like the M16 to the SKS because the M16 cannot one-shot headshot an regular armored grunt with AP rounds. All pistols cannot one-shot headshot because it forces you to adapt right? My bolt action rifle cannot one-shot an enemy in the head because it's just adaptability issue right?

Dude I get it, you love the game. I don't ask for them to make the AI deal less damage or have less health. I just ask them to have consistency when it comes to gameplay because Insurgency can only get up to rank 22, which means my headshot is still an instant kill. Landing a headshot requires effort, and I should be rewarded with an instant kill. All I need is that, a headshot being a one-shot kill. They can keep the stupid level scaling if they want, just give me that one thing. Making enemies into bullet sponges only make people hate this game. People are already complaining that this game requires too much headshots, making headshot less effective would only make the game worse.

And before you say just use high end weapons, Far Cry is a game about freedom of approach. Limiting my firearms selection is stupid, and whoever says that is a good decision can be described the same way. Far Cry New Dawn suffered this exact problem which is why no one is inclined to replay that game.

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@blacktiefamily Every player is different. But I had to chuckle when I read the line about New Dawn. New Dawn starts out slow due to leveling, but it grows into a fantastic combat experience, especially when outposts are reset. And playing ND in coop... unbelievably fun... for me. Peace.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Hey everyone - thanks for your continued feedback about this! I've gone ahead and moved the thread to General Discussion, where we prefer to keep our feedback, for added visibility to other players and our community teams.

Official Response
  • teh_greg
    60 posts

If it's too hard for you and you're just after the rewards, it's still possible to clear an entire outpost in a minute with La Varita.

I liked the difficulty spike and it threw me off balance when I first tackled a +4 outpost and I loved it. I actually had to start thinking again and adapt my tactics with all the gear I acquired throughout many hours of gameplay.

• blacktiefamily
    Original poster 29 posts

@teh_greg It's like you guys collectively share a braincell or something. I didn't say it was difficult. I said the enemies are bullet sponges and that's a [censored] design for a Far Cry game. Giving enemies too much health renders half of the base arsenal to almost a useless state. I can stealth any outpost undetected with bow and throwing knives but I want to use other weapons too, like the FAL or M16 or PMM. But having shots just bounce off enemies despite using ARMOR [censored] PIERCING bullet is just stupid. It's not about difficulty or getting good, it's about having consistency in design. When I spent over 100 hours playing a game, where every time I headshot someone with a D50 and they die, only for a post launch feature to go against all of it is [censored] design. Defending stupid design choices and you will get stupidly-designed games.

• Sleezure
    139 posts
    I imagine it was done this way just to add extra grind to the game, but I'll forward on your feedback regarding this to the game team.

FTFY.

Suggested Topics