ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sick_Boy87
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello, I bought this game after hearing all the love you gave to it after its release. The game is awesome, I love how customizable it is and I'm enjoying it a lot.
    However, I have major issue, the default Field of View for consoles (I play on Xbox Series) is giving me headaches. It is too constrained. I wish it had a FOV slider as the PC versions, so I can increment it to 90 degrees. I don't care if it impacts performance a bit. I don't need more than 90 degrees. It should be easy to implement, since you have it already for PC.
    Last week I returned Far Cry 6 for this same problem. But I'm liking Breakpoint so much that I don't want to return it this time.
    Thank you!!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    212 posts

@sick_boy87 It's particularly bad indoors and going around the staircases in towers. I usually switch to the zoomed in OTS aim mode to take my character out of the picture as much as possible on stairs. You can adjust the setting of the camera to one of two distances on console, but no FOV slider as you say.

You do become more used to it, but I've never felt as comfortable as I did with the Wildlands camera system.

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts
    but I've never felt as comfortable as I did with the Wildlands camera system.

Really? i'm the opposite...Breakpoint graphics dont bother me at all. But i can only play Wildlands for a little bit before i start getting headaches. I cant nail down the reason why if its how sharp the graphics are, the camera system, or something else that i dont know about.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    212 posts

@clemsondriver the graphics are fine, it's the combination of camera swings and angles, your character popping in and out of view in tight spaces and the increased pull strength of the sticky cover that combine in Breakpoint to cause the issue for me.

Not as bad as the OP, I can play for hours, I just preferred Wildlands.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1260 posts

@Sick_Boy87

This may or may not have a thing to do with your problem but in hopes that it helps, here it is. You may suffer from what I normally suffer in any game and more so in Shooter games. If the bobbing of the head in my character or player is a bit too much, soon I will feel dizzy and with a strong feeling to vomit. That is also true if the game doesn't have crosshairs and not so much if the field of view is short or far away. At least I have not tested that.

Case in point, I couldn't continue playing Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts 1 because of this and I am looking into some addons I can use to force the game to have crosshairs. I already tried Crosshairs V2 but it didn't work ingame or perhaps I did something wrong.

At any rate, I digress and I don't want to go off on a rant here so, if this is not your problem, again, sorry to interfere, I was just trying to help.

• Sick_Boy87
    Original poster 3 posts
    @Sick_Boy87

This may or may not have a thing to do with your problem but in hopes that it helps, here it is. You may suffer from what I normally suffer in any game and more so in Shooter games. If the bobbing of the head in my character or player is a bit too much, soon I will feel dizzy and with a strong feeling to vomit. That is also true if the game doesn't have crosshairs and not so much if the field of view is short or far away. At least I have not tested that.

I think that just low FOV cause me this, because in Far Cry 6 happened the same to me.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

• Sick_Boy87
    Original poster 3 posts
    @sick_boy87 It's particularly bad indoors and going around the staircases in towers. I usually switch to the zoomed in OTS aim mode to take my character out of the picture as much as possible on stairs. You can adjust the setting of the camera to one of two distances on console, but no FOV slider as you say.

You do become more used to it, but I've never felt as comfortable as I did with the Wildlands camera system.

True, indoors it is really bad and frustrating 😞

I envy watching PC players videos on Youtube playing in glorious 90 FOV haha

Suggested Topics