ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WrecK3rr
    Original poster 295 posts

Just putting it out there before PTS goes live.

• Create a duplicate copy of your Division 2 folder, rename it to "Tom Clancy's The Division 2 PTS" (without "").
    • Proceed with the preload, then change the install path to where you have placed the duplicate folder.

Uplay will verify the existing files and checks what is missing, and then it will proceed to download the remaining files for PTS.
    In short, this way you won't have to download the entire game all over again for the PTS.

P.S, The name of the duplicate folder has to be exactly the same as default,
    which is "Tom Clancy's The Division 2 PTS". Also, ignore the storage space it tells you to have during installation.
    It will always ask you to have full game space available. Just press next and it will start verifying the files from duplicate folder.

Goodluck!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Good call. This worked for the last PTS (TU12) too 👍

• Ricardo12Xx
    1 posts

@wreck3rr Hey im looking for the PTS im on Ubisoft connect and i don't see the PTS (Im on PC) can u send me a store link as such that i can download the PTS from?

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@ricardo12xx preload doesn't start until Thursday

• soloman..
    2 posts

@wreck3rr can you link the pts download?

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@soloman it won't be available in Ubisoft Connect until the times specified in the announcement

• UKKenny
    21 posts

@soloman I'm assuming a lot of people are reading it quickly and mistaking the 11:00 CET for the download start time, I did that initially and completely missed the line above it lol.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

@wreck3rr Nice tip. This can be very useful to players with slow internet or data plans.

• SevenDVLS
    4 posts

@wreck3rr Nice tip.

• SuspiciousPixel
    256 posts
    Just putting it out there before PTS goes live.

• Create a duplicate copy of your Division 2 folder, rename it to "Tom Clancy's The Division 2 PTS" (without "").
    • Proceed with the preload, then change the install path to where you have placed the duplicate folder.

Uplay will verify the existing files and checks what is missing, and then it will proceed to download the remaining files for PTS.
    In short, this way you won't have to download the entire game all over again for the PTS.

P.S, The name of the duplicate folder has to be exactly the same as default,
    which is "Tom Clancy's The Division 2 PTS". Also, ignore the storage space it tells you to have during installation.
    It will always ask you to have full game space available. Just press next and it will start verifying the files from duplicate folder.

Goodluck!

Didn't work. No option to press Next when it said not enough storage space available.

• WrecK3rr

@suspiciouspixel You need to have enough space for the full download in order to see "Next" option.
    Even though, it won't use that space. It is just a trigger to get to the next screen during setup.

• As1r0nimo
    351 posts

@suspiciouspixel
    The total size is 100gb (as an example). You have the game, that uses 80gb. You need 101 gb free space to download the game, although it will only download those 20 gb.

In other words, the UBI connect downloads everything, install it and delete everything that is not needed anymore. In actual behind the scene things, it won't even download things you already have.

• WrecK3rr

Did it last night and only had to download 4GBs. That's it.

• UrbanChaos
    42 posts

@wreck3rr - Yeah that only works if you have Division 2 PTS in your connect library. Mine is missing.

• WrecK3rr

@Splinter_Cell

But It shouldn't be. Unless, you haven't bought the full game on PC yet.
    Also, have you expanded and checked the sub menu "My Games" under "Games" tab?

• UrbanChaos
    42 posts

@wreck3rr I have searched for PTS and only Division 1 PTS appears. I own Division 2, WONY, and Season Pass all bought via Ubisoft Connect. Division 2 PTS does appear in my library. I don't have any game hidden.

• WrecK3rr

@solitarysole Well that's strange. I guess Ubi Support can help you further on this.

• UrbanChaos
    42 posts

@wreck3rr Yeah, they just say looking into it.

Suggested Topics