ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Owen_reyez
    Original poster 11 posts

There are a lot of options if you want to look like a knight from the future or a fantasy warrior or whatever but if you want to play a viking, a real Viking, there is almost nothing. There are some good npc outfits that could be re utilized. But more tunics that are just tunics (no leather nonsense or plate armor), some legs besides the slave pants that are just pants with leg wrappings, etc. There's some good stuff in the game but we simply cannot use it, example below

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    1628 posts

@owen_reyez I share your sentiment. Additionally, it would have been cool to bring back the old outfit coloring schemes we saw in AC2, Unity, and Syndicate.

• Owen_reyez
    Original poster 11 posts

@thenorfolkian I think that would be nice to give variety to the options we do have that are close enough, like the slave outfit for example. Being able to make it not just undyed linen would be cool, however the fact that sets have multiple appearances and that reskins exist make it seem unlikely unless the changes are solely minor color swaps.

• JCar4327
    704 posts

@owen_reyez Yes, Please. I have taken it as far as any Jomsviking that is wearing some silly outfit gets booted from my ship. I hope with the next installment we get some actual era related outfits and less of the "I'm A God" outfits.

• Owen_reyez
    Original poster 11 posts

@jcar4327 ive only hired one jomsviking the entire time I've had the game since launch solely for aesthetic reasons. I agree I hope future games have authentic stuff but I would like to get some of that in this game too before it ends (• ▽ •;)

• TheNorfolkian
    1628 posts

@owen_reyez I completely forgot about that slave outfit. It really annoys me that it is the only outfit in the game that cannot be upgraded. Would it have been so hard for Ubisoft to allow the slave outfit to be upgraded to ‘normal’ freeman clothing, and then subsequently upgrade that clothing more and more, ultimately to an outfit befitting a Jarl, since that is what Eivor ultimately becomes for Ravensthorpe? It’s genuinely silly to have Eivor conduct festival events in, what @JCar4327 calls, “I’m a God” outfits.

• Owen_reyez
    Original poster 11 posts

@thenorfolkian I am so desperate for some normal tunics and pants that I would absolutely love that

• TheNorfolkian
    1628 posts

@owen_reyez The Ealdorman set is the closest thing you can wear to satisfy that desire, and even it is a bit much.

• CyCzarn
    48 posts

@owen_reyez I really want more authentic looking armor. Every time I upgrade gear it looks like it comes straight from a fantasy MMO. I also want a proper Dane Axe, not these late middle ages things or fantasy axes. A few of these Axes are just the same assets they used for Origins/Odyssey so they look really out of place. So far Rollo's Lost Dane Axe is the closest to being authentic but it's still not right.

• Owen_reyez
    Original poster 11 posts

@cyczarn Rollo's lost Dane axe is good I agree. I think a big problem Valhalla has is unlike odyssey there's not a balance. In odyssey there was fantasy, authentic, and off the wall stuff. A good amount of each so everyone got something they wanted. Valhalla doesn't have that

• davidtsmith333
    67 posts

@owen_reyez Fair point. But if I had a choice between armour with little protection (mainly cloth) and armour with good/better protection (metal etc) I'd choose the better protection all the time.

• Kormac67
    1097 posts

@davidtsmith333 You know you can transmog? Wear what is best and make it look how you like it.
    What I don't get is that we can't have viking helmets with horns (because "not authentic") but all kinds of weirdo eyesores where you can't even see wearing them.
    Also they implemented some hall effect on speech (tin-bucket-over-your-head sound) which persists even when you make it invisible which is very annoying.

• TheNorfolkian
    1628 posts

@davidtsmith333 I agree with @Kormac67 here. Ever since they introduced the transmog into this game, I’ve had more inclination to acquire gear from Reda that I otherwise would never get simply because I can use it to transmog something to look better while retaining the specs I want for my Eivor. There’s no reason why Eivor can’t appear like a normal person while still having ‘god-like’ specs.

• Owen_reyez
    Original poster 11 posts

@davidtsmith333 this post isn't about protection, it's about getting stuff that actually is Viking. I understand where you're coming from but if you want plate armor and super protective stuff we already have a ton of that. I just want variety and to have more than the literal slave outfit to look Viking.

• Owen_reyez
    Original poster 11 posts

@kormac67 I agree most of the helmets are ridiculous and I would really like to get some ones that look more appropriate. I'm gonna disagree about horns but to each their own

Suggested Topics