ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WrecK3rr
    Original poster 371 posts

--->Link to PTS Patch notes Thread<---

Since the original thread is locked, let's discuss it here.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WrecK3rr
    This post is deleted!
  • dagrommit
    894 posts

Setting up a discussion thread is good, but you might be better off linking to the original as it sounds like there will be updates over time.

I'm not keen on the new mode being 8-player, but at least it has matchmaking. Hopefully the randomized encounters will be better tuned than on Summit.

Changes to shields impacting PvE builds sucks, especially as blue builds aren't much use otherwise.

• WrecK3rr

@dagrommit Thanks for linking the original thread as I don't know how to do that.

I'm all in for the 8 player thing and glad that they didn't chuck out matchmaking from it.
    As for the Shield nerfs, we all knew it was coming one way or another I guess.

• Rep-99
    1 posts

I was hoping to see some changes to healing and healing skills (like the rogue acting mender seeker its so useless atm cus it wont stick with you or a other player after giving it the command,make it like the healing drone and its good. And healing (selfheal mostly in pvp) is just bad cus all the investment you do in it just gets cut in half. How the healing worked in TD1 was perfect, you spec in healing it should do that not being crippled by 50%. And if the burst heal would also work on youreself not just team members then that would help alot. But overall im glad some of the outliners in dmg talents getting adressed cus dieing in 0.1sec is never fun and i hope the tune weapons itself a bit better that the slow RPM hit harder then the do now cus the are lacking. Make the fast RPM still "better" if speced in dmg but give the slower RPM gun a higher base dmg but then maybe lower scaling so the dont turn in a 600RPM 50.cal.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

I took the liberty to edit the OP, since I think it's better to keep the official info in the dedicated threads, but I do appreciate this reaction thread in "general".
    Hope you don't mind @WrecK3rr

• WrecK3rr

@SevenNVD

Just wanted people to quote separate things If they wanted to from my original post which they can't do from official thread.
    So it would be good if you could restore the text in my OP. Although, either way is fine really.

• Bill---
    34 posts

If raid exotics were in the drop table for countdown I would play it. I'm general not a fan of timed missions and I don't have a group of 8 to play with. I'll at least give it a shot though

• Bill---
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • xcel30
    923 posts

*Obligatory old man yelling at lack of OD buffs*

Anyhow, i'm interested in the new game mode, the 8 player number makes me think that it will have a really constant flow of enemies that you can't ignore and can't just cheese through putting a turret in front of a spawn point, and might make more healers and tanks interesting to have with the extra amount of players.

New exotic gear looks interesting and the exotic sniper rifle looks a bit more polished version of what Big horn tries to be with it's added talent later on. The LMG looks really really fun and reminds me an odd suggestion for a gear set i made a while ago (too bad old forums is getting nuked). The new weapons and gear seem a bit interesting but as other people have mentioned the value on spotter raises some question if it got nerfed.

Kinda feel bad for the Intimidate nerf because i used in some shotguns builds for PVE, simply because shotguns lack interesting skills and talents outisde of Hunter's Fury, i can see why it's a problem in PVP but still a bit bummed out.

Overall would say it's a solid update IF and thats the big one, IF things are actually polished in terms of performance and bugs. Because boy oh boy that feels like the biggest sore spot of the game for me

• As1r0nimo
    392 posts

@xcel30 For shotguns. Instead of Intimidate (it's still useful) you could just use other talents, mostly defensive. Outside of Hunter's fury, ofc.
    Like perfect Unbreakable.
    The idea is to nerf easy pizzy boom-boom build. Which is good, but we will test it out.

• WrecK3rr

Is it just me or the new game mode sounds like the 3rd boss in Iron Horse Raid? 🤔

"Countdown is a new 8-player endgame mode for The Division 2. Two groups of four SHD agents are deployed to a power plant to prevent a lockdown. Racing against the clock, the agents must work together to secure the site and stabilize the power plant. Believing their mission is complete the agents prepare for extraction and are pursued by heavily armed and technologically advanced hostiles."

• WrecK3rr

I'm excited to test "Perfect Flatline" talent with the new "Perfect Spotter" with the new AR. Sounds like a hard hitting combo.

• GhostAgent14
    198 posts

I feel bad for the Shield Build folks, as it seems like those are getting nerfed pretty badly.

I'm intrigued by the Expertise system. All of my favorite gear and weapons are fully optimized, so it would be neat to improve them even further. It would give this rabbit some more carrots to chase, if nothing else. 😁

• unknown_merc44
    25 posts

@xcel30 I just don't see the reason why. It's simple and effective, so it must be nerfed? Intimidate is a high risk high reward setup; I stopped playing the game for a few months and I tried to play Intimidate again and kept wiping on Heroic encounters until I got used to it again.

I will try it in the PTS but to me, the need to "charge up" for damage means I will have to wait before fighting enemies, and will only get to use the Intimidate proc maybe once per encounter because once they start shooting they blast through bonus armor.

I don't play PVP at all, but to me Intimidate (especially with Adrenaline Rush) was a cool and unique combo that finally made shotguns and SMGs play differently from everything else in PVE and this nerf sucks.

• As1r0nimo
    392 posts

@unknown_merc44 That no brain combo deserved to be nerfed. The problem was that this combo provided multiplicative damage, instantly, without drawbacks. Just shoot with a shotgun or Lady death in the face, instakill.

There were 2 options. Either a nerf for bonus armor, which could affect other builds. Or nerf damage. Instead of nerfing it, devs made it as a stacking buff, so no more instant huge damage boost.

• unknown_merc44
    25 posts

@as1r0nimo high risk, high reward

You are aware of how fast the AI can shred you within Intimidate range, correct? I'll wait to test it in the PTS before rendering final verdict, but I doubt it will change my mind. Sounds like a dead talent to me with required chargeup.

• Merphee
    105 posts

My favorite thing about a new balance patch: PVP will be the most fun because no one knows what they're doing.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@unknown_merc44 it's a PvP based nerf. The change is mostly aimed at the DZ & Conflict.

Many, many, many complaints about people rolling up with a full Blue build, but hitting like a full Red thanks to Intimidate/AP, and either Lady Death or an In-Sync/Shield pew pew.

Now they can't just insta jump to full strength - while it will reward PvE players that hug tight, basically further leaning into a HF play style. It also gives Bloodsucker a better chance into those builds, as it's easier to sustain the BA to build/keep stacks. Memento too.

Sucks for the PvE only folks though. Not the first time, and won't be the last time we see a nerf mostly due to PvP balance issues.

• unknown_merc44
    25 posts

@latenitedelight Yeah but it's being applied to both PVP and PVE.

If it's a PVP only change then I understand, it was a very effective PVP talent and I'm surprised it wasn't changed sooner specifically for PVP. The problem is applying it to PVE as well where it seems excessive.

I don't understand the need for wide sweeping PVP *and* PVE nerfs when they have the ability to make separate changes now.

Suggested Topics