ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• f_stormhammer
    Original poster 3 posts

8 players for Countdown is terrible. Talk about not understanding the player demographic.

I've got work, I've got kids, I've got other hobbies. Demographics shows that most game players have work, have kids, have other hobbies.

I don't need another thing that requires coordination and scheduling across 8 people after coordinating and scheduling work, kids, and hobbies. I don't have the patience on my fun time to deal with a pick-up group that abjectly fails -- which, in my experience, is a high percentage of the time.

The game mode itself sounds really cool. I really liked Survival in Division 1, so the prospect of a timed event I could just sit down, pick up, and play through _with 1-3 more people_ sounds really fun. There's no way it's happening if it requires 8.

It mystifies me that this even made it through design review. I'd recommend firing the product owners that are that out of touch with the player base demographics. I'm not sure how that much development time was justified for something that a very small fraction of players will ever see.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UKKenny
    21 posts

@f_stormhammer I'm skeptical of another 8 player gamemode too as a large chunk of the community hasn't even touched the raids, but lets at least give it a try first no? We won't know how much coordination is required until we've played it. My bigger concern is the time element, especially if certain bugs start creeping in again.
    Slightly off topic but it was infuriating playing through Outriders Endgame content and being 5 seconds away from a gold time reward because you're stuck in a cutscene or an ability bugs out and you can't move, so I really hope time is more of an external factor as it just isn't fun when you're trying to explore and appreciate every little detail put into a map yet you can't because there's a finite amount of time and people are screeching at you down the mic to get a move on.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet time will be the main thing people take issue with here. I just hope the gamemode is fun enough to play through and doesn't feel the same every run or it will lose traction within the first couple of days.

• UbiChrisMANG
    Community Representative 148 posts

This is very good feedback you two, thanks for posting it. We're looking forward to reading more from you once you've had a chance to run through the mode a few times if you'd be so inclined to post here again afterward.

Official Response
  • pfandrews1953
    14 posts

Again another game mode , like Dark Hours and Iron Horse that cannot be played unless you team up with 7 other persons. Also, as a person on limited income, I cannot afforded the monthly PS subscription to be able to matchmake - therefore, game modes like these mean that the game will continue to hold no new playable content.

• JonWickBoomStik
    8 posts

@ukkenny This mode will have matchmaking and they mentioned on twitter you can go solo or with less people. Assuming there is a difficulty scaler in there as well, it could be something like summit where it scales with the rest of the content although this may not be the case or it may not be working in that way during the PTS. If it works like the rest of D2 content then shouldn't be an issue. If you can run through it solo that is the question here as long as it isn't another "raid" style where you need people to do different tasks and work together then it might work out just fine then, will find out tomorrow when we can get our hands on it.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@jonwickboomstik currently - no scaling - perma set to 8

I'll be giving it a shot, but add me to the disappointment list. Raids sucked up a ton of resources that few took advantage of. Why you would make anything that couldn't scale from 4-8 players is beyond me - I thought the Destiny obsessed clown that forced Raids to replace Incursions was let go, but it seems many left at Ubi agreed with him. But hey, Raids might get more YT views, so let's be a bunch of followers instead of sticking with something that was better than the rest.

I game solo or with a few folks. Maybe we'll get lucky with 5 or 6 on. As long as it doesn't have annoying mechanics like the Raid, maybe it will be doable without resorting to MM.

• N3mB0t
    1125 posts

we still gotta see it , but i think for now it would be more fair to compare it to the summit kind of MM instead of the raid one , summit also has timed floors and somehow its manageable either alone or with 4 complete strangers , which means that even if all the other 7 are solely killing ads you could be pushing the right switches alone to advance the team as a whole, as long as it scales the same way as the summit concerning enemies.

for now i think of it as a cross between the two.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@n3mb0t good for people that like MM with Randos.

I, on the other hand, can't stand it. I know I'm not alone, but maybe we're a small minority. Which is cool, just maybe they could introduce scaling - I'm totally down for taking on 4man Heroic scaling solo, like I used to pre-2.0

• N3mB0t
    1125 posts

@latenitedelight

soloing this new content was the first thing that came to mind reading the patch notes 😀

im mostly like you , 80% of the time i game alone , but when i MM its just to break the monotony and help people finish their missions , im still doing my thing but also enjoying the added layer of enemie numbers and dificulty , game is tooo easy to solo , even in legendary, so this makes up for a break from the normal lets say.

this new content wont be any diferent , if its 3 more or 7 more its all the same .

still hope its soloable 😋 or at least possible in a duo , crossing my fingers.

• As1r0nimo
    392 posts

Imo, but scaling 1-4 and 8 would be perfect. At 1-4 the scaling is the same as in missions, while 8 pack will have specific scaling, like in raids. Both camps will be happy. High active clans will have their big boom party with lots of enemies with high health and damage, while solo or co-op buddies will have packs of enemies

• renecyberdoc
    8 posts

@f_stormhammer i agree 100% should be difficult to set up what with real world respon sabilities get in the way.

• As1r0nimo
    392 posts

@n3mb0t Soloable currently, although no in the timer (so no additional currency). Or too hard for solo in timer.
    Needed like 2 minutes more.

• MuitAdrenalina
    4 posts

@ukkenny I am afraid that from a few runs ... starts to feel to be always the same thing with nothing new. Would like to have a escalation of the number and type of NPCs depending on the number of players on the party.

• N3mB0t
    1125 posts

@as1r0nimo

yeah just did it too , wasnt trying hard died at last hunter but felt like it was totaly doable .

• As1r0nimo
    392 posts

@n3mb0t i crashed on tge way out 😞

• Lich_Index
    2 posts

So far I have not been able to play it once. A few problems.
    Gamebreaking: Get disconnected when connecting to an in session match, even when I was apart of it before and I crashed midway through. No rejoining possible for me due to network problems with the Division.
    Game denying: Not enough people to play with... no matches will fill to even start... so sort of game denying more than breaking.
    Insane: No scaling to group size. Matchmaking for things with only 4 people is hard enough.
    Frustrating: No indicator of which build is useless until you are loaded in. Countermeasures shouldnt be a god damn surprise.

• GodsJediGamer31
    16 posts

I agree another 8 player game mode is bad. 1st its hard enough to gather Friends to play it. 2ndly playing with Randoms in Matchmaking is the worst ever!. They need to change that to a 4 players max and just make it a single player game mode like the summit. Also that 15min timer needs to go, not everyone is that good. They didnt take in consideration disabled players some who have harder time playing this than others. I am disabled, I already have hard time playing the game with one good hand, my left arm is not that great.

• ReAp3r-Gui
    16 posts

@f_stormhammer This is also my point.
    I hardly have time to play games, and when I do, I just want to have some fun.
    And spending some of the little time I have waiting on matchmake for +7 players doesn't amuse me at all.

All content should be balanced according to the number of players (solo, duo or squad), so that everyone can have fun playing the game!

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    135 posts

@f_stormhammer it just like a mission, ppl dont need a mic or something to communicate with others agents. not even like discovery raid.

• As1r0nimo
    392 posts

More so, the game guides you like if you are a total noob.

Suggested Topics