ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RAGE_THERAPY
    Original poster 85 posts

Less than 10 mins into Countdown and experienced the usual Non-PTS in-game freeze - so anyone hoping that issue would be gone ... it isn't unfortunately on PC.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• As1r0nimo
    393 posts

Yep, the same. Was in Countdown and the crashed without any notification.

• Grinnlok
    18 posts

Worse than on Live for me, too. I've generally got the crash issue fixed on Live, because I'm almost certain it has to do with the app's memory leak. I close down basically everything that eats memory and it's run for weeks without crashing.
    No idea, yet, why the PTS is reliably crashing about every 10 minutes. None of the Live fixes I've implemented clientside have had effect.

Can't finish a Countdown run. Not going to be able to contribute much to the PTS, with this problem in the way.

• AgentMikel
    224 posts

So for us PC players: PTS = Post-Traumatic Stress!? 😔

• renecyberdoc
    8 posts

@rage_therapy for me it was stable i run 3x but when accomplished 100% after that it hangs and won't go back into the game .i had to quit via taskmanager and start anew.

• Grinnlok
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • syc0pupy
    5 posts

I can't even get into the game. Farthest I've gotten is press play screen and crashes to desktop.

• RAGE_THERAPY
    Original poster 85 posts

I was watching one of the popular Division 2 YouTubers today and his live stream froze to desktop three times during the stream requiring the Task Manager to close it. He's a console player, so he simply thought it was the PTS vs. understanding this ongoing issue on PC.

Half of my clan experiences these in-game freeze / shrink desktop windowed mode crashes requiring the task manager to close to the unresponsive application. I honestly don't get why the PC is so unstable and has been for more than a year, while the consoles are not. Hundreds of posts in the main Player Support forum and even Ubisoft Support can't get an update from the Devs on when we can expect a TRUE fix.

Honestly, do these Devs and their PCs not experience the same issue? I understand that the PC platform is a small percentage of the overall player and installed base - but I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a stable application for a live-service game that continues to have a dedicated Community of Agents.

#sigh

#Division2CrashFest

• Grinnlok
    18 posts

Sorry, but we need to bump this one up. It's a prevalent issue on both PTS and Live. Now is the time to see it given attention.

• Aldur2309
    40 posts

@grinnlok Noticed the same. I won't be testing the PTR anymore; what's the point if they release new stuff but the game just crashes all the time. The live game has been crashing regularly for over a year now so it's clearly not a priority for Ubisoft/Massive to get fixed.

From https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/127188/crash-to-desktop-issues-on-pc-post-title-update-14/226?lang=en-US and looking at the subreddit, it's obviously still an issue for many players.

Suggested Topics