ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rowrat
    Original poster 1 posts

I don't usually play the PTS, but this time I thought I'll give it a go as I have an Interview with Ubisoft Leamington, as it'll give me something to talk about it briefly during it.

Since launch, I've been a player of The Divison 2 but have always enjoyed playing the game at my own pace, mainly focusing on the Commendation System as it challenges me to get better at the game. I'm glad to say that this is the first eight-player activity in The Divison 2 that I'll regularly interact with, unlike Dark Hours or Iron Horse. This is because I don't need to go and find seven randoms in the community Discord Server and can matchmake for the new game mode.

The time required to play is great, and it doesn't take too long to finish each run; however, I'm yet to fail to extract from the Power Plant. Instead of decreasing the mission timer to make it more challenging, perhaps up the enemies from normal to hard. You may want to look into this as it could force players to work together more instead of having one player clear an encounter by themselves.

I like the fact that each run is slightly different, with a mixture of encounter objectives to add replayability to the level. The idea of countermeasures is great and can change run drastically, but other players and I were left puzzled about how to activate them. I think this is because it wasn't made clear until I found a panel and interacted with it. Up to that point, I thought they were activated randomly either based on time left or triggered after an objective was completed.

The level design seems to flow well and is easy to navigate, and there seem to be enough kill zones placed around specific combat spaces, e.g., (EMP room and extraction); this is where I've seen the most players go down, but I think enough cover around each combat zone.

The safe, on the hand, is hardly interacted with by players. In most of my runs, only one or two players would go to the safe and retrieve its loot, and the other six or seven would run to the extraction point. You may want to make the safe more appealing to interact with. Maybe locking a Countdown only exotic to drop from it could get more players interacting with the safe or allow the other raid exotics to drop from it with only a 0.5% chance drop the raid exotic from the chest.

After extracting;, I'm unable to look at the mission breakdown and then quickly sent to an infinite loading screen with a bugged out watch graphic. Though whenever I try to get a screenshot, it looks fine. I'm yet to work out what the new currency is spent on, but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually.

Currently, I think the only thing missing from Countdown is the commendations, but the lack of new commendations doesn't take away from the overall experience currently.

The Countdown game mode has provided you with an excellent opportunity to perhaps rework Kenly College later in year four or future content years. If you were to rework Kenly College using the new countdown game mode, it could respark the community's interest in Kenly College and justify its continued existence within The Divison 2.

From what I've seen of the proficiency system, it seems fine, but I'm not overly bothered by min-maxing my build and would have been fine with a level increase to 50.

I hope my feedback is useful 🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• renecyberdoc
    8 posts

@rowrat fine "resumé" more or less exactly my thoughts.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    After extracting;, I'm unable to look at the mission breakdown and then quickly sent to an infinite loading screen with a bugged out watch graphic.

This is a known issue: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/146872/known-issues?lang=en-US

Though whenever I try to get a screenshot, it looks fine. I'm yet to work out what the new currency is spent on, but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually.

There is a vendor (it's just a laptop) next to the seasons vendor in the public area of the BoO

Suggested Topics