ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Makima-sanNoInu
    Original poster 6 posts

I am diehard PvP player, so let's cut the chase and focus on PvP only

In-Sync will be no longer combo with shield, and I do think that's good since In-Sync is always the Tier-0 choice of all builds w/ shield and no other talents except of exotic could top it

But with the rework on shield (receive more damage in PvP and disorient while shield breaks) I do agree on the disorient part, but letting shield taking more damage is somehow unnecessary for me.
    The time-to-kill for the meanwhile is pretty short comparing to older versions while front dps players is in desperate needs of that shield to help them pushing forward toward enemy and dealing as much damage as possible before they or enemy die.
    But in PTS, at least for now, shield has become none other than just a piece of tissue, I repeat, I do think the disorient penalty only would be enough for punishing players who use shield without preplanning and combat skills.

On the other hand, the MAJOR problem of shield is being "meta" since everyone could do a "corner glitch" with it while equipping 3.4x - 15x scope, this glitch allows players to shoot behind a wall and/or shield, where players couldn't get shot at.
    Without the sufficient countermeasure (e.t.c parabola, AOE skills like mortar or chem and position adjustment), this glitch has a huge advantage while taking left side cover, while being vulnerable when taking right side cover or even no cover, fix the "corner glitch" then shield should become fair but not the only option for all red blue attribute player.

I think that only decrease the dmg bonus for intimidate would be a fine nerf/balance, while it could be better if the damage bonus is bound to your extra armor and/or weapon mag's percentage like how it works similarly with System Corruption, but rework this talent into stacking increase with time?
    The main purpose of intimidate, at least in PvP, should be first-strike plus high burst dmg, while your opponent live longer, you're gotta be taken more dmg, and the more dmg you take, the less dmg you could do.
    But in PTS, other builds are having much better performance than intimidate builds while without high damage talent, for example, ridgeway paired with wicked (18%) or unbreakable with concussion (10%).
    (By the way, Intimidate having bug in PTS that there would be non-limit stack for damage, also throwing traps is still dealing PvE dmg e.t.c, fix these bug pls...)

Then here are some thoughts about Countdown...
    The map is great, map size design is suitable while having some high ground spots, indoor designs are excellent, why don't you do a 8v8 or 12v12 PvP mode based on this map, maybe like Control Point, King of Hill, Payload or even Team Deathmatch (the likeness of Div 1's Last Stand)

Usually, I am not willing to post at ubi forum since I thought this game is dead and devs wouldn't care about anything that ppl say on site, but with new updates incoming, since there's some sort of power trying to revive this game huh? It makes me has more interest to stick around for PTS 2 and PTS 3, and let's see what the new items could work for me and what thoughts I may be able to share to everyone here.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Quantum.9
    2 posts

@bladeofmiquella
    I do not agree with the confusion on a shield brake neither with the increased dmg towards the shields.
    If you remove in sync from being activated by the shield, it will only serve a protection rolle.

Headshoot players are always at the disadvantage. I believe all will agree that landing headshoots is way harder than shooting body with 200 crit dmg builds which are verry comon in pvp.

HS builds deal almost no damage to the body, the numbers are white and depend on the ammount of armor deal approx 40-60 k per bullet while bodyshpot crits up to 250k to te body per 1 bullet. THATS CRAZY

Why on earth "bodyshoot players" would get awarded by applying confusion status ? That mechanic removes skill gap and kills headshoot builds.

Crit damage builds aka "bodyshoot" are way stronger than HS builds and require less skill to use.

Crit mods and rolls have 12 % while HS mods and rolls only 10%

There is no problem with the half or big shields but the tallents and weapons.
    The main reason why big shield builds are OP is the pistol dmg. We havent had that problem before because pistols got nerfed by 30% but the nerf got reversed.

Big shield builds with 6 blues shall serve a tank rolle and tahe aggro and not DPS rolle.
    You can have 80k regen, beingnimmune to status and still 2-3 tap while hiding behind a big shield.

Having a tank in your team that is a support is fing but at the same time he shouldnt 2-3 tap.
    Its not the shield - its the pistol.

I will make my own thread covering this issue with examples and screenshoots.

Nerfing shields and applying confusion is bad for players that trying to utilize their aim.

• AU_Nexus691
    29 posts

I feel majority of the PvP community is on the fence with the whole change , essentially they are trying to move the gameplay back to the days of Div 1 but they need to rework some of the current gearsets to accommodate this , eg make strikers like Div 1 and revert True Patriot and Foundary to how it was originally for starters , intimate and insync has had its time and I think the change is fine to move the boring metas

As for pistols with bulwarks yes they are OP and probably need a balance but same goes for skills builds as with certain gear ( glass cannon and Creeping death with fire sticks) it is stupidity OP

Suggested Topics