ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Rich841
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi, I can save during playing but if I exit and reload the game there is no option to load the previously saved game. I can see the files within Explorer but the game seems not to be able to. I get the load game option in the menu screen as long as I haven't exited the game. Very confused, hope someone can help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3533 posts
    Best Answer

Hello MarvAndTheMagic thanks for replying to this thread. Unfortunately, Ubisoft Support are unable to advise you on this topic as we do not support virtual OS emulation on unsupported systems, such as using a Windows OS on a Mac computer.

Official Response
  • UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 916 posts

@rich841 Hello and thank you for your patience! I have moved this thread to our Anno 1800 section so that we may further assist.

Official Response
  • SirHarryPierce
    213 posts
    Hi, I can save during playing but if I exit and reload the game theres no option to load the previously saved game. I can see the files within Explorer but the game seems not to be able to. I get the load game option in the menu screen as long as I haven't exited the game. Very confused, hope someone can help.

Maybe try to Verify files in the Ubisoft Launcher.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Hey @rich841

I'm sorry to hear your game isn't loading your save files. You can try verifying your files as mentioned above, but also if you have the game and Ubisoft Connect / Steam (if you have the game on Steam) installed on different drives, try installing them on the same drive if you can.

Official Response
  • Sheffield-Steel
    2 posts

@ubi-froggard I too am having the same issue. If I exit Anno back to the title screen, the saved game is there and I can continue. But if I exit completely out back to Ubisoft Connect, the next time I load the game, there is no option to load or continue. I get the message syncing save game files when I do exit out completely but it’s just not there.
    I just have Ubisoft Connect and I downloaded the game by purchasing a key online.

One thing I did think of was I used to subscribe to Ubisoft + and played Anno this way for some time. Could the fact I have now bought it be clashing somehow with the save info from Ubisoft +?

• Sheffield-Steel
    2 posts

@sheffield-steel

UPDATE:

I contacted Ubisoft who were no help because I’m running Windows11 on a Mac using Parallels. I understand their stance but still, it is still Windows at the end of the day.
    Anyway, I decided to try fix it myself, I copied the Accounts folder located at my documents/Anno1800 over to the Ubisoft installation directory and it worked!! All my save games were there.
    I do have to say though, the game ran a bit weird after that. So I just uninstalled it completely and downloaded again. Now it works as it should, saves are there and game runs fine. So it was either the copying of the accounts folder, or the uninstall that fixed it. I’m guessing the uninstall but give it a try.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2822 posts

Hey there @sheffield-steel , thanks for reaching out about this here on the forums. Although we don't recommend running on anything other than a native Windows install, it's still great to hear you were able to find a workaround, and we appreciate you sharing it. I hope you're having a good time in 1800 😎

Official Response
  • MarvAndTheMagic
    1 posts

Hey @sheffield-steel

I'm having the same problem as you had, running Windows 11 on a Mac via Parallels. I did try to uninstall Anno 1800 completely (including Ubisoft Connect) and download/install it again but the problem is still the same. So I also copied the Accounts to the installation directory which didn't work either.
    I was looking around to see if anybody else is having this problem, but it seems that yours is fixed... I was wondering if you could possibly share some of your wisdom with me.

With Windows 11 via Parallels, I got two Drives. The 'local drive (C:)' which is probably the virtual machine and 'Home on 'Mac' (Z:)' which is the normal mac drive. As the default setting, Ubisoft Connect installs Anno 1800 on the 'local drive' but somehow saves the Accounts folder under the 'my documents/Anno 1800' folder on the 'Home on 'Mac'' drive. Are these the same locations as in your case? Did you have to change some permission settings on your mac to grant Parallels or Anno access to any files or folders?

Help...

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3533 posts
    Best Answer

Hello MarvAndTheMagic thanks for replying to this thread. Unfortunately, Ubisoft Support are unable to advise you on this topic as we do not support virtual OS emulation on unsupported systems, such as using a Windows OS on a Mac computer.

Official Response
  • dummahoe
    1 posts

Thanks Ubisoft for not helping at all. Just face the reality that emulation exists. At least you could try to help. I have the same issue on DIFFERENT platforms but you just keep on loosing your paying customers save games because you are incompetent. When people contact you, you never reply. Im waiting for months now and never heard back...

The reply: “Hello MarvAndTheMagic thanks for replying to this thread. Unfortunately, Ubisoft Support are unable to advise you on this topic as we do not support virtual OS emulation on unsupported systems, such as using a Windows OS on a Mac computer.“ is just a slap in MarvAndTheMagic's face. In the face of your customer.

You destroyed the Anno brand.

Thanks for 350 hours of lost gameplay from germany.

Your valued customer

• TheAlleyCat13
    1 posts

@Sheffield-Steel I would like to second MarvAndtheMagic's request. What file path did you use when copying the Accounts folder over that got it to work? I've tried moving the Anno 1800 documents folder into the C:// drive's "My Documents", just copying the account folder into C:// drive's Ubisoft folder, all with no luck. If you happen to remember which folder you placed it in that got it to work would be very grateful, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work for me. Resorted to playing via GeForce but the graphics are not as good as what my emulator can run.

Thanks!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3823 posts

Hey there @dummahoe,

In this case, we do not support virtual OS', so our options are very limited.

In your case, I can see we responded to your case on July 7th requesting additional information to look into your issue.

Cases are automatically closed if no response is received after 3 days.

Apologies if you didn't see or receive a notification for our response to you.

You're more than welcome to re-open your case at any time by posting an update to it via the Help Site so feel free to attach the requested files and we can continue looking into your issue.

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics