ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Macs1209
    Original poster 124 posts

As title said, unable to upgrade any skill from lvl1 to lvl2, because it needs 350 filaments. The cap is 300, so cannot do it by any ways. Seriously need to adjust material caps once these expertise need lot of materials.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• the_Kettle
    379 posts

@macs1209
    There's a workaround until they fix this: create a new character, get their printer filaments maxed out (scavenger points is the easiest), then buy the 'shared resources blueprint' from Inaya at the crafting bench, which will add the new character's resources to your mains. You can then delete the new character and repeat the process again to boost them further.

• Macs1209

@the_kettle I know, but don't want to spend hours for complete NY manhunt (Keener gives the watch back) on each skill level up.

• the_Kettle
    379 posts

@macs1209 you don't have to, while in the PTS you can simply create a new character, pick the NY boost option and it'll dump you at the white house with a lvl 40 character all ready to go.

• Macs1209

@the_kettle Ohh, that will be tested tomorrow, I played 16 hours today, need some rest and sleep.

• Macs1209

Thanks, it worked quickly. However, skills upgrade level (at least for Reviver hive) reverted on first map change (join to another player), so not worth it to upgrade while bug exists.

• SuspiciousPixel
    597 posts

@macs1209

The material cap will be increased

• Macs1209

@suspiciouspixel
    I hope the same. There should be a great boost in material caps, like 1000 filament, 50 exotic components etc to match with new expertise upgrade requirements.

• SuspiciousPixel
    597 posts

@macs1209 it will be in line with others so 1500 will be the cap.

• Ubi-Lucipus
    Community Manager 198 posts

Thank you for the report on this and as Pixel shared the team is aware 🙂
    Keep your comments coming as we continue to review the feedback and thoughts we hear from our PTS participants.

Official Response
  • Macs1209

@ubi-lucipus Thanks for reply, at least we see some presence from the official side. I'll write a detailed long feedback, because there are lot of things what need to be addressed.

• CategoryTheory
    138 posts

@the_kettle

@macs1209 you don't have to, while in the PTS you can simply create a new character, pick the NY boost option and it'll dump you at the white house with a lvl 40 character all ready to go.

You can also simply collect mods (or any other items) on your main, put them in the inventory, switch to a new lv.1 character, and deconstruct the inventory.

The materials you get are actually determined by the level of what you're deconstructing, not the level of the character doing the deconstructing, so a level 1 character can even be holding Optimization materials and Exotic Components, though they would never find (in their own world) the items that give them those.

My main character is at around 2-3 times the limits on most materials from alts buying Shared Crafting Materials from Inaya after building up near the limit on the alt.

The only reason to bump a deconstructing character to level 40 is for it to be able to craft Optimization materials from regular materials. The New York campaign can be completed in under three hours if you do it grouped with a level 40 character. (The XP buff from the level matching removes the need to do side missions or activities; you'll get to level 40 ready to do Keener by just opening the safe houses and doing the 9 required missions. Note that the missions leading to each safe house are skippable; you can just go directly to the safe house if you know where it is.)

• CategoryTheory
    138 posts
    There should be a great boost in material caps, like 1000 filament, 50 exotic components etc to match with new expertise upgrade requirements.

@Ubi-Lucipus I, too, would greatly appreciate this. The contortions I described above to increase my ability to collect crafting materials, while interesting to work out, don't really add to the enjoyment of the game when you do them on a regular basis.

• Macs1209

@categorytheory Exotic components already raised to 100, but looks like not enough if you need 20 exotic components for a level 20 upgrade. A material cap should be set to be enough for complete a full job, ex level up a loadout from lvl 19 to lvl 20.

• CategoryTheory
    138 posts

@macs1209

A material cap should be set to be enough for complete a full job, ex level up a loadout from lvl 19 to lvl 20.

Why is this? It sounds as if, when you have enough materials to upgrade, say, five gear items, you want to leave them at the lower level until you can upgrade six gear items and three weapons. I don't really see why people would want to delay upgrades like that. (Especially given that at very high levels that delay might be several weeks.)

• niok35z
    3 posts

@macs1209
    Ubisoft don't test his game, Ubisoft don't play his game...
    ... so we get:

• stupid thing, like that !
    • bugSSS,
    • [censored] user interface
    • boring global event
    • boring tracks
  • Macs1209

@categorytheory Imagine a new item(exotic, weapon, gear, or even a skill variant) appears, and that fit better to your current build. For upgrade it fully, need 110 exotic component. I not mean delay a loadout, i just wanted to say level up a single item from 0 to 20 still not fit in 100 components. Btw, the price is pretty high, so it should be lowered, or devs should provide more exotic component source (like Rogue NPC could drop it).

• CategoryTheory
    138 posts

@macs1209

Imagine a new item(exotic, weapon, gear, or even a skill variant) appears, and that fit better to your current build. For upgrade it fully, need 110 exotic component.

I'm imagining that (in fact, I had already), and a reasonable player would upgrade it as much as she could with his existing inventory of crafting materials and switch it in at that point only if it were already better than his existing gear. If it were not yet better, she'd continue to collect materials and upgrade it until it became better and then swap it in. Again, now we have the system encouraging more gameplay, as is its intent.

Btw, the price is pretty high, so it should be lowered, or devs should provide more exotic component source

I think that this is based around a mistake about the intent of the Expertise system. The idea is not to optimise it for completionists, but to provide more reason to continue grinding and more options for upgrades.

If it were all about completion, to preserve game balance the developers would probably limit the number of upgrades to far less than 20 to avoid game imbalance. (Adding sufficient, or really any, extra difficulty to compensate for this has not been done and probably won't be done because that's a lot more work.)

If you change your point of view from "20 levels are there with the intent that we upgrade everything to that level" to "20 levels are there to give us the choice and opportunity to upgrade one or a few items to that level," the system might make a lot more sense to you. It's not intended to be reasonable to upgrade lots of items to the max, but that doesn't and shouldn't stop the developers to provide the ability to upgrade one or a few items to the max, and also give the players as broad as possible a choice of which items to upgrade.

The game has similar limits in other areas. It's not really practical to have a fully optimised version of every reasonable attribute variant of every item in the game; even if all of these would fit in the thousand inventory and stash slots available to a player, it would leave you no room to pick up new items, which would be exceedingly annoying to most players. But they don't reduce the number of item types or options to "fix" this; their focus is on giving you lots of options from which you can pick the ones you most like.

• SuspiciousPixel
    597 posts

Phase 2 now has Printer Filaments cap at 2000 not 1500, not exactly "in-line" with the others but I'm not complaining

Edit, response from Dev. It's normal

It's acquisition scaling method and rate are in-line with grey materials, so we put the grey cap on it.

Suggested Topics