ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• calaxanas
    Original poster 10 posts

Hello guys I am presenting an idea for the community since most PVP based players hate skills. Skills are not unbalanced they are just to OP with the chest talent glass canon as it not only boost status effects, it boost skill damage. So let’s say I have 100 percent Haz-Pro the Stinger Hive can still kill me because of the skill damage as glass canon amplifies ‘ALL’ damage. They should exclude skill damage and status from working with glass canon in PVP. Haz-Pro builds are practically useless in this game but if you fix glass canon it will be viable. And I know many of you gonna say Kinetic Momentum can replace glass canon but kinetic momentum doesn’t boost status it boost skill damage. I can personally say if this is not implemented skills will be the new META as shields actually took some of the skill damage.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AU_Nexus691
    28 posts
    Hello guys I am presenting an idea for the community since most PVP based players hate skills. Skills are not unbalanced they are just to OP with the chest talent glass canon as it not only boost status effects, it boost skill damage. So let’s say I have 100 percent Haz-Pro the Stinger Hive can still kill me because of the skill damage as glass canon amplifies ‘ALL’ damage. They should exclude skill damage and status from working with glass canon in PVP. Haz-Pro builds are practically useless in this game but if you fix glass canon it will be viable. And I know many of you gonna say Kinetic Momentum can replace glass canon but kinetic momentum doesn’t boost status it boost skill damage. I can personally say if this is not implemented skills will be the new META as shields actually took some of the skill damage.

I thing GC is fine but it needs a PvP modifier so it won't stack with any skill builds , perfect example is GC with Creeping death skill build using burn sticky , you get hit with that and there is no way to counter it even 100% hazard protection and now with the new shield meta this will be an even worse situation

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    368 posts

@calaxanas I cannot wrap my mind around the idea to why people in this community thinks Glass Cannon should be nerfed.

They're automatically taking 50% incoming damage from all sources out of the gate.

• MaxKiller181
    6 posts

@calaxanas nope. This sort of thinking because you had a bad experience in pvp is how the game as a whole gets worse. [censored] stop trying to pvp in this broken [censored] game. Get over it. Until they do what I said and separate pvp and pve completely it's never going to be balanced. Its why I don't pvp in division games since the first one. It's not about who's a better player or more skilled or tactics. It was about getting the most broken build and exploiting the [censored] out of it. At least div2 has way more pve stuff than div1.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    545 posts

@calaxanas
    PvP should be about tactics only, all this skill/gadget/trick stuff should be excluded completely

• TxDieselKid
    332 posts

I just had a convo the other day with a bud about how I think GC needs a buff with all the new stuff in the game, and then I read the title of this thread.

25% for 50% (and 30% for 60%) doesn't seem like a good trade off with all the new equipment in the game giving amplified damage that is DANG close without ANY of the risk associated to it. Honestly I think 35% for 50% and 40% for 60% sounds reasonable compared to other ways to get amplified damage.

I also think that the current numbers for PvP are exactly where they need to be.

• Noxious81
    1026 posts
    (...) 25% for 50% (and 30% for 60%) doesn't seem like a good trade off with all the new equipment in the game giving amplified damage that is DANG close without ANY of the risk associated to it. (...)

It's even worse – with Heartbreaker you can quickly stack 100% amplified damage with each and every weapon (people already often play Heartbreaker with an ACS-12 or Vector) with basically no downside. Glass Canon can't compete with such damage numbers and does have a huge downside.

If anything needs a nerf, it's this Gear Set.

• TxDieselKid
    332 posts

@noxious81 I'm usually against nerfs in PvE (we saw how bad it effected the Outrider community with their first balance), and am here as well. Really there's only one thing that needs to happen, ...make Glass great again, but on it's own, without making something else worse.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    368 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 Been playing since release and I have never had an issue fighting against players who use skill builds.

The only time where skill were frustrating was the shield in-sync combo.
    Usually full skill builds have roughly 730k armor. My build does about 220k crit hit PvP damage out the gate with a police M4. A quick burst and they're going down.

In fact, fighting full tier 6 skill builds benefits my build. I use obliterate on my chest piece. As soon as they throw down their skill I just unload on it, destroy it and have my obliterate talent buff maxed.

Played Conflict for the first time in over a year yesterday and played against full skill build players, had no issues taking them down at all. Play range and stay spread apart from your teammates and there's not much they can do.

Just don't see skill builds being an issue in the game. I think full skill builds are the easiest builds to fight up against. They have low armor, low weapon damage and are 100% depending on their skills.
    As mentioned, play range, stay spread out and they can't do much at all. To add, if you do play close range, use the jammer skill, puts them out of business immediately.

• ArthurFriend
    101 posts

@txdieselkid
    Me too. But I found heartbreaker way too strong already on the PTS. And it's the same now in the live game. With 6 blue attributes I can deal more damage than dd builds and take more damage than other tanks without bonus armor can. The set is just completely out of frame of reference and just does way too much damage for what the game can currently offer in terms of difficulty.

Also, how much would you want to buff glasscanon to get to a comparable level? 50% more damage? With a single talent? What about obliterate then? Should it also deal 50% more damage? And striker?

If we all deal that much damage, we don't really need to play the game anymore at all. Because then we would have a walking simulator and not a looter shooter anymore.

Suggested Topics