ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hunterfiveseven
    Original poster 5 posts

A little background on my history with this game so it can help understand my point of view when it comes to certain things I will mention.

I have been playing the game since day 1 and currently 7000 SHD level. I have done everything in the game has to offer and only play when our clan does raids to help people as that is about the only thing some of us still find fun after all this time.

Now, the mode and what I think about it.

I can see Countdown getting pretty repetitive, but I think it can be improved. The difficulty has to be looked at having just done my first group run with 4. Nothing changes as intended, but the base is way too low. 8 is super easy and that is way too many in one objective. You can split the team across the 3 objectives to drastically speed up getting to the main objective. When you are not currently inside a objective building and running around outside, you have a very good chance of running into a hunter. Once you complete 2 of the 3 objectives, the main objective becomes available. Completing this gives access to a huge loot chest along with materials. After that or when the timer runs out, you can move to a extraction phase where you have to clear a zone and fire a flare. You will meet heavy resistance doing this.

Takes everything from division like certain mechanics you see a couple times in side missions to summit objectives in a wider space. It does slightly remind me of R6 Extraction’s sub-zone mission design in terms of random objectives on a fixed map. It lacks any customization in terms of directives, but it does have random countermeasures that act as debuffs to your team or buffs to npcs. However there is 3 SHD terminals that allow you to turn these into advantages. Examples include having your skill cooldowns doubled, but hacking the right terminal will instead cut down your cooldowns by a considerable amount. The mode also has selectable target loot just like summit which makes it a great farming location. This mode does drop tons of loot, I will say that. Overall individually, it doesn’t have anything you haven’t seen before, but it puts it all in one quick and easily accessible activity.

One more thing to add in terms of the 8 man mechanics as I feel some here also had similar thoughts of what this could be. To me, difficulty scaling aside, it seems a little out place coming from someone who does raids as their primary activity in the games lifecycle. The teamplay you see in 8 man squads currently does not fit. It is simply not needed. No specific roles are required or special set pieces that would encourage that. I had a mild expectation when I heard that it was going to a 8 player PvE mode where this would be step down of our current raids or a beefed up heroic stronghold. Thinking of something more like a incursion of div1. Has mechanics, but it can be done with randoms with some mild build roles to have that teamplay besides just DPS builds and shoot everything.

I think a majority of the disappointment is from the huge gap in content we had and this is the first thing we get. If this came out a year ago, I think it would be received a little better. Should at least have the difficulty of raid npcs as default maybe with a lesser difficulty if they truly want to have a 8 man experience. Ultimately, I see the mode as a nice addition, but there’s only so much that will appeal to endgame players who have done everything. I’m curious to see what happens during the testing phase with the feedback.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics