ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Krypl_Kara
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello, i got a problem with my R6S game as i cannot acess ranked games, even tho i have my phone number binded it still says it requires phone number, i am tired of finding something out ... i couldnt even find any straight to support ticket or anything like that, so i am trying forum in a hope for support answer or a really kind person to help me out, thanks for any answer. 🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• unXpected_RFRMD
    2 posts

How long does it take for them to send the vertification code on my phone number? I am waiting for more than hour

• Actually_Robert
    2 posts

I wanted to leave some very disappointing feedback regarding the new phone number requirement for Ranked gameplay. While trying to add my phone number to my Ubisoft account, I was given the error message that my number could not be added due to being flagged as "suspicious" by the 3rd party validation company that Ubisoft uses.

As some starting information, I've had my personal phone number for close to 10 years now and have played several games, including Rainbow Six Siege, on my Ubisoft account that is over 3 years of age.

I opened a support case and waited a couple hours to talk to a live Ubisoft agent. During this live chat, it came to the results that I am simply unable to play Ranked anymore for a game that I've spent money on and have played for over 1,300 hours on a single account.

The Ubisoft employee that was helping me stated that "Though unfortunately I am unable to add that phone number. The partner company that we use the verification tools from hasn't provided any info as to why. But if you have another number we can try that."

That is a horrible response/reason as to why I am unable to have my phone number added and really highlights some very large flaws in Ubisoft's concern about account security. I am being told by an Ubisoft employee to just use another number to get around the 2-step account verification. I explained that I only have 1 phone number as any normal person would only have 1 phone number and requested a reason why my personal number was flagged. They were unable to tell me a reason due to the fact that Ubisoft has ZERO way to contact the verification company.

I asked if the case could be escalated and speak with a manager/supervisor and was told "his is a new process so the validation may change at a later date - that's why I'm using to term 'currently' - but we aren't able to get ahold of the validation partner. As of now, they provide the information and we just have to go off of that for now. I realize this creates an inconvenience but there is no override process when denied."

I had also asked if there are any protocols for issues like this and if they could be escalated. I was told there was not any set in place and that "They don't even have access to go against the validation process."

At the end of the day, I am unable to play Ranked gameplay and I am left without an actual reason as why personal number was flagged as "suspicious" and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it since I refuse to my friend's or family's phone numbers. I don't understand why Ubisoft expects you to have another number to use. (I have tried my only siblings number and it also is considered "suspicious")

I have screenshots of the actual conversation from the Ubisoft support team, but due to the images rule, I am not allowed to attach them to the post.

• LONELY.....
    5 posts

@actually_robert same for me as well, tried to add the phone number to the account but the verification for the phone number is done by other party which I was told that Ubisoft doesn't have any control over it. I am not sure why our number is flagged as "suspicious" because I use the same phone number for Steam and other platform without any issue, I even use the same number for my IRL stuff such as banks. They didn't have any issue about the number at all. "Maybe Ubisoft have a more strict rules over than banks?" I really don't see any reason that can be it. I really hope Ubisoft actually put sometime into this issue and fix it. As long this issue is not fix, I really don't see myself playing the game.

• mOtAkILLs
    1 posts

It would be great if they consider asking the stakeholders and their clients (like us) what the heck we really like and dislike about the game, instead of thinking stuff up and starting to add / remove things that actually keep people in the game. R6S was supposed to be a "tactical, realistic" FPS game, but now it becomes like the rest of those fancy, gadgets-centric shooting games, without even the stats to keep track of the success/fail rate for improvement? Seriously, back to the basic - what your audiences/clients really want. Ask then. Deliver it.

• Actually_Robert
    2 posts

@lonely Yeah, its honestly pretty pathetic on Ubisoft on several levels. I already had the 2-step google authenticator added to the account, but they cannot explain to me why my phone number of 10 years is flagged. I have not touched the game since and do not plan to. Sadly, I don't see them fixing this anytime soon.

• Gagloev.
    1 posts

@actually_robert yes, the same thing happens to me. I used 5 numbers, not one does not receive a code and on some it says that it is not safe

• LONELY.....
    5 posts

Is there anyways to get an admin into this conversation, other then an admin who just post "please follow these support steps on the website for the troubleshoot" which it doesn't help at all. Also before the phone verification came out from the patch, I contacted Ubisoft maybe a month or two months ago before it came out and stated to them the issue. But, in the end they just point it back to "the troubleshoot".

• IbnHamar
    1 posts

Same here! Private number, not a pick-your-own-number, never used any form of spoofing, etc any good reason to flag it. And like you, ubisoft support "has no way to manually override". But hey, the amount of money I used to spend on pointless skins on this game? Insane. So I get to abandon this game now and save money I used to spend on it. Funny - I was literally just about to buy the new battlepass when I saw the block on ranked and attempted verification. Crazy timing, nice job Ubisoft! In trying to improve playerbase, you inadvertently alienated a portion of it that was acting in good faith. Never used smurf accounts, anything. Played ranked, reported toxic players, and had a good time. I've never been a "[censored] at customer service" type of person and somehow in the span of a minute and thirty seconds of interaction with this system put into place, I'm angry enough to uninstall and leave this lengthy comment! Wild. Bye Ubisoft!

• Domanjeballer
    1 posts

@gagloev Same.

• Sohza
    1 posts

@actually_robert Same issue tried 3 different numbers too and all support said was "We can't do anything about it"

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@unxpected_rfrmd Hi there.

Apologies for our delay in response to you here on our forums. We can see that you've since been able to open a support case with us also.

Would you be able to let us know if you have received this code, or if you require any further assistance?

Many thanks.

Official Response
  • Natzu0229
    1 posts

In the game of Rainbow six siege asks me that I have to put a phone number to play Ranked but does not let me put my phone number and tells me This phone number does not respect Ubisoft security standards. And I don't have any more numbers to put.What can I do

• McNuggetz.
    1 posts

@actually_robert

Did you ever get a solution?

I am getting the same problem when trying to use a T Mobile phone number. They told me to use another phone number like I have access to numerous phones for video games lol.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @Krypl_Kara, thanks for getting through to us, welcome to forums and sorry to hear about the difficulty you an into with adding your phone number to your account.

First and foremost, there's a short article that essentially outlines the main reasons and issues that can occur when adding the phone number, therefore may be something to look into.

With that in mind, if you have successfully added your phone number yet it still requests for it, we may need you to get through to us directly to review your account records, therefore as it will involve discussing account related details, something we're only able to do with you in private, so that we could proceed, please get through to us via one of the following channels, based on your personal preference:

1. Support website
    2. Facebook: (https://en-gb.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/)
    3. Twitter

Once you do so, a member of our team will review your query and get back to you at the earliest possible convenience.

Hope this helps and if you have any further queries, let us know!

Official Response
  • LONELY.....
    5 posts

this got my hope up for a bit when i saw there is live feed for the phone issue. So I contacted the support to see if there a chance they can help. NOPE, still same answers.

"Thank you for contacting Ubisoft support.

We received your issue regards phone number add

Unfortunately, we are unable to add the provided number on your account at this moment as system itself is restricting the changes. In this case, we'd suggest you to try adding phone number at later time after 24-48hours or try adding with different number as It is not possible to add this number as it doesn't meet the security guidelines by the automated system at this point of time, Please try adding another number.

Sorry for the inconvenience"

• do0mas5t3r
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • do0mas5t3r
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LoOOoLkwt
    4 posts
    the same problem I got . and I talked to them for a year and I got only one answer from the support " WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING " imagine you paid a lot for your account like games, skins, and more DLCs and they flagged your number and you can't play the rank match in R6 because of Terrible  
    Protocols. this is against the rules because there is an agreement between players and the game simple agreement if you hack, being toxic. in the game, you will get a ban. but they are accusing clean players . Don't get me wrong i don't hate ubisoft or trying to be a lawyer i'm a talking about my self who owned up to 5k games and owned two ubisoft accounts more than 6 years but the answer they gave me it's really disappointing for a big company after steam and epic games. changing my phone number is not a solution because in my country if i buy new simcard i have to pay  every month if i skip one month the number will be cancelled and i have to buy another simcard so why i pay every month for simcard for only adding number for one game only how much in year im gonna pay for it ?. even i tried my friend phone number and he never use ubisoft at all he don't have account,he don't know what is R6 he just play one game csgo  

Suggested Topics