ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JohnKelly1972
    Original poster 3 posts

I am trying to play the "Stranger Things"-Mission (which is, besides, a fine mix of FC6, Alan Wake and Control), but every time I leave the game, no matter id to the main menu or to the Desktop, I have to start again at the Street-checkpoint 700m away. I have all my weapons (even the mission-specific), an Amigo, but lower ammu, and have to walk to the bunker and start all over again. The Savegame says "Bunker, 0% progression". Is that supposed to be or am I facing a bug?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MeS.187
    5 posts

@johnkelly1972
    I had the same problem once so far..I finished part1 of this mission then went off and next day it said some error that loading took too long. At second load it has put me back on open world with the mission weapon but all progress reset of the mission. So far I didnt bother with it again cause I was hoping its a known bug but it doesnt seem so :S

• flybyme
    208 posts

@mes-187 If you read the instruction that comes up when you open the door to the bunker it says something like that you have to complete this mission in one go as it doesn't save the mission but if you get killed while playing the game does go back to some autosave point so you don't start again. If you get sick of the mission halfway through and quite it next time you play the mission you have to start again from that FND base. What I did was do an airdrop from a base on the other side and you can almost get to the bunker door by using the wingsuit and parachute. I hope that what I have typed is what you mean.

• JohnKelly1972
    Original poster 3 posts

@flybyme , I wouldn't have understood it that way. Of course I couldn't switch to any other mission in the game, then return to a Savepoint in the bunker. But having to play this story without saving and continouing another day - seems to be a questionable gamedesign. Some people tend to have lifes, not only Far Cry 6 😀 ...
    Maybe someone from Ubi can solve this?

• flybyme
    208 posts

@johnkelly1972 I have completed the mission after many restarts. It gets easier the more you play it as you learn more about the mission and what to do. It isn't a game design flaw. If I can complete it at 72 I'm sure you can.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 914 posts

Hey folks, I've moved this thread as it is a gameplay discussion rather than a technical issue. Please feel free to reach out if you encounter any issues in the future.

Official Response
  • pjmazurek
    6 posts

@mes-187 i made it to the point where i rescued chorizo. Then it put up Chapter 4 Escape. then screen went black and acted like it was loading for 10minutes. Then game crashed. when it restarted i was of course back at FND base with the underworld shotgun. You are NOT the only person to have it crash after a super long load. I'm guessing this is a bug. too bad they didn't do autosave points. so irritating!

• flybyme
    208 posts

@pjmazurek Did you try again? Sometimes these things just happen so start again and see what happens. When I have started again at the FND base I do an airdrop from a Libertad base on the other side of the mountain and use the wingsuit and parachute and you land almost at the entrance to the bunker.

• Noone025
    4 posts

Cant see the logic in making you do it in 1 go, its a gimmick side quest, think they got lazy with the coding.
    Ubi make some questionable decisions with this game, We all have our favourites but feel 5 was the peak in design and execution.
    No proper difficulty, strange ammo's, issues with enemy targeting (now resolved) and "features" like this make me wonder what their future development will bring.

Suggested Topics