ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CategoryTheory
    Original poster 137 posts

I left these forums just after the change to the new software because of bugs and poor design. It's nice to see that coming back many months later all the problems are still here.

I thought I'd post one of the more egregious examples here. Editing a post to add a single blank line to it isn't accepted because the post is then considered spam. I'd give you a link to the specific post, but your brilliant design hides that pretty well, if it exists at all. It's the post from me in this thread containing "There is no possible way it can be amplified...."

Amazingly, in this section of the forum today I can see and add tags in my posts. Normally the field is hidden off the bottom of the screen, no matter how I scroll. (I'm using Chrome on Windows.)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• CategoryTheory

Thanks to the mod who moved this post to the correct place. I'd looked around to try to find a "forum feedback" section, but didn't see it.

This is actually another demonstration of the poor design. On the front page of Ubisoft General literally half the page I see in my browser is non-content bling, and half the content area is devoted to showing two massive boxes (each of which is about 40% empty space) for two of the six sub-forums. The eye is not guided to the dots and arrows that indicate you need click a scroll arrow twice to see the remaining four sub-forums. The six short hyperlinked sub-forum names could easily fit in half the area you devote to just two; what on earth is the advantage of hiding behind buttons the most important information on that page when it could be easily out front?

• GenuineJakob
    27 posts

@categorytheory
    Yeah, in some places, the space could be used better.
    Try to navigate this forum through the menu in the top left; every other method is painful.

• CategoryTheory

@genuinejakob Thanks for that tip! That somewhat hidden method of navigation is much more clear and easy, once discovered.

Suggested Topics