ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dod-Foamath
    Original poster 1 posts

I know, harsh right, but hear me out.
    For me, there is one glaring issue, and a lot of what I have to say has already been covered in part in a variety of other posts.

Firstly, Connectivity Issues. As a whole, as a community, we have been complaining for years about the connectivity. Random Deltas, crashes, lag spikes and random goings-on that for some, not all, but some render the game near unplayable, or are unwilling to deal with the issues so opt out of playing.
    For me, this screams, that if you are going to make a PTS the first thing you should absolutely do is make sure player can connect.
    Try match making the new Countdown mission, if a team is already underway in the mission, you will Delta.
    Which then brings in to question, why have a Match making system if it is just going to fail us?
    This issue alone says to me that this should not be a PTS. If this was given to 50 - 100 people per region, within the active player base, they could have told you this.

I suppose we can always go in with pre-organised groups, yet again, the community has been saying for years that many people are locked out of the raids because they do not have 7 others to play with. So an 8 man mission is the solution? I really feel you have missed the mark on this one.
    I cannot speak for everyone, only for those that I know, and myself, obviously, but I, and all my friends, clan mates and acquaintances, are adults, we have jobs, children, a variety of adult tasks we must attend to before we can stop and play. Adding in a pre-organised 8 man mission is so severely off the mark. I will willing to bet if you ran a poll, 90% of your audience is late twenties, early thirties. Many going into Forties.

As for the Expertise System, it feels VERY Warframe, with their Master Rank system, only I would argue theirs is better as it allows for greater customisation as the weapon and gear as you level up. As it stands right now, the Expertise system is a dead end, either people will not care as the time investment vs the reward is simply not there, and the progression of it gives literally nothing or the requirements, such as the XP needed per piece of equipment, that many of us will never use, is just too steep. It is only when you get to a certain point do you have the option, all-be-it a very expensive option, to get 1% gains. Now I completely get that this is more for the Endgame players, which holds two separate issues. Not everyone who uses this is going to be Endgame, and, as End Game players, we have found what we like, and we tend to stick to it.
    As a side note, I am fully aware this is a bug, but, for myself and a few of my clan mates i have spoken to, after we log out, we lose the upgrades. Some even have their Proficiency, where it resets back to zero. So, during their free time, they have spent hours to get proficiency 10, on their favourite weapon, spent resources to level it up, start to feel good about it, and log out. The next day they log back in and they are back at 0, and to top it all off, their resources are still gone. So now they have the added grind of getting the resources too.

Again, I know, harsh. However, I love this game, for a looter shooter, this is 100% the best one out there, in my opinion. Never-the-less, this seems rushed, in no state to be released as a PTS, and the idea of the mechanics behind it are not even remotely original. Even on the live server we are plagued with Connectivity Issues, bugs, and random annoyances? Anyone else get triggered by NPC's having infinite ammo/cooldown on the mounted weapons, yet when we touch it. . . OVERHEAT!
    Or the 20 meter Melee range everyone seems to have?

As much as I am really wanting new content, I feel there are other larger issues. If this is the new content, I feel it is in the wrong direction, and judging by the state of the PTS, this should be a Closed Alpha. Not even remotely close to "testing".

A simpler more effective way to get Endgame players involved would be to just continue the Keeners Watch. Every level they get to choose 0.1% weapon damage or 0.1% armour. So every 10 levels that is 1% armour or weapons damage. This is still a grind, gives people are reason to continue leveling after SHD 1000, the buffs are across the board rather than individual gear and you can still cap it at a certain point. Or, if you must do it per gear, every SHD over 1000, we get to do the same, 0.1% Armour/Weapon Damage on a selected piece. Again, capping at your desired point. This way, higher SHD player feel rewarded for the time they have committed, they have a reason to keep grinding, and it theoretically shows, that higher SHD player are more powerful. It also means, more importantly, they players are able to pick and choose what they level, rather than be forced to level everything for their gains.

Thank you for your time.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AirJarhead
    11 posts

@dod-foamath I agree with you on everything.

Suggested Topics