ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• F4TES1
    Original poster 16 posts

I'm on 5 of 6 for Ravensthorpe and the manifest tells me to get the 2nd and FINAL upgrades on the cattle, grain and fowl farms.
    Well, I have DEFINITELY upgraded all 3 twice (and had to raid ALL the monastery's to do so) but the cattle farm wants another upgrade!
    I can't see how I can get Ravensthorpe to level 6 now, unless there's some more monastery's yet to be revealed, or some other way to get materials for building.
    I'm at 78% progression btw.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Any helpful advice welcome.
    Thanx

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @F4TES1, thanks for getting through to us, welcome to forums and sorry to hear about the difficulty you ran into with upgrading farms in your Settlement.

I've had a closer look and can see that we have received contacts from other players who have ran into the exact same issue as yourself, therefore accordingly, it has been under on-going review since.

In order to aid the further investigation carried out by our development team, for reproduction purposes, could I ask you to upload your save file (where issue is present) to cloud? To do so, just simply follow steps outlined here.

Let us know!

Official Response
  • JGPORRITT
    4 posts

@F4TES1 I'm having the exact same issue, I've completed all the raids and I'm still being told that I need to do 2nd and final upgrades for cattle, grain and fowl farms. I specifically set out to do all the raids to complete Ravensthorpe and I know for a fact I upgraded all the farms to the max level and it just didn't take. Should I follow the same steps @ubi-karl suggested? Really want to get this resolved

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 490 posts

Hey @jgporritt!

My apologies that you're running into the same issue with your upgrades and would definitely recommend running through those steps @Ubi-Karl provided as well.

If you have issues with it after though, definitely let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    165 posts

It's not a bug, it's a description error.

I recently replayed the PS4 version (precisely to unlock those damn settlement trophies which didn't carry over from my PC version), and you have to upgrade the three farms 4 times each. The final settlement upgrade (which automatically unlocks level 6) is earned after completing one of the last regions, can't remember which (Eurvicshire or Snotinghamshire).

• JGPORRITT
    4 posts

@ryusennin Thanks for the tip, I done every raid possible in England, Ireland and Paris if I was to find the supplies to finish the Ravensthorpe where do I even start? I've completed the game, done all the alliances, I've checked online and I've got no idea where I would find the remaining 3600 supplies to finish this task. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Ryusennin
    165 posts

@jgporritt

Raw resources are the most important items. You can only get them from raids and specific story arcs / alliances in England. If you completed all of them (although Wincester is not necessary), you should have grabbed the exact required amount of raw resources.

Supplies on the other hand can be earned from various places -- mostly in raids, but also anywhere there are big yellow dots on your map (usually towns and enemy sites). When I finished the game and fully upgraded Raventhorpe, I still had a lot of supplies to spare.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2822 posts

Thanks very much for sharing your insights on this, @ryusennin - I really appreciate it 🙂 While we had been looking into issues specifically about foreign supplies from River Raids, we've had no other reports of a lack of ordinary supplies, so I'm confident you'll be able to find more, @JGPORRITT ! Let us know if you continue to run into issues with this!

Official Response
  • F4TES1
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-karl
    Sorry for the late response.
    My saves are already on the cloud, so...
    However, I think I've attached a manual save I did today to this reply.
    As is confirmed by others here, it's some kind of bug, coz I definitely upgraded the fowl farm etc. at least 3 times each.
    I just want to add that the number of monastery's available in the game is too few imo, coz if you invest materials in the wrong buildings when you start, it makes it really tricky trying to find more materials.
    Alternately, you could have made the monastery's respawn after a certain time.
    It's not rocket science, just good game design.
    Thanx

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Hey @f4tes1

You can't attach save files to forum posts but we can pull them off the cloud to send the dev team a copy, so I'll do that, thanks 🙂

I'll also send a feedback report about the monasteries for you.

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    165 posts
    I definitely upgraded the fowl farm etc. at least 3 times each

As I already explained, the description of the settlement status is wrong. You need to upgrade each farm 4 times until you can't upgrade them anymore.

• Ede-Wolf
    23 posts

@ryusennin
    It is easy to check whether a building is fully upgraded or not. Take your raven and if the building is white, it is fully upgraded. If it is blue, you have to upgrade at least one more time. Also the signboard in front of the building has gone, if it is completely upgraded.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 328 posts

Thanks for the tips @ede-wolf and @Ryusennin !

It is true that sometimes it's not easy to tell whether a building requires further updates, so it's best to check if the option to upgrade them is still visible.

Please also remember that missing Supplies can be found in small chests around the map, even if all monasteries have been already raided 😊

Official Response
  • F4TES1
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-froggard
    Thanx for the swift response.
    Even if we're supposed to upgrade the farms 4 times, as others suggest, there just aren't any more monastery's in my game for the raw materials.
    I haven't done Vinland yet, but I doubt there'll be monastery's in that.
    As I wrote previously, we either need more monastery's, or for them to respawn.
    Thanx again.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4637 posts

Hi @f4tes1 I can assure you that there are enough Raw materials available to fully upgrade your settlement.

In order to get your settlement to level 6, you will need to complete all of the alliance quests in England, and raid all of the monasteries.

If you encounter any issues after doing this please let us know.

Official Response
  • F4TES1
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-keo
    Thanx mate, but I have done ALL of the England stuff, with only Asgard and Vinland left.
    I suspect the problem is some kinda bug whereby the game isn't recognising the farm upgrades.
    As stated previously, why not allow the monastery's to respawn? Then at least I could determine whether it's a recognition bug, but with literally no monastery's available now, I can't determine if that's the case.
    The thing with open world games is that if they're well designed, just hanging out in that world can be rewarding enough. Getting fully immersed, roaming around and just hunting or fishing, or seeing what mountains you can climb or can you swim to that far off little island you keep noticing in the middle of a huge lake etc.
    However, it does require an amount of respawning areas, camps, castles etc. to keep the game lively too, and the monastery's could easily feature there.
    I think that Valhalla is well designed in it's environment, and many of my happiest hours have been spent just wandering around hunting and exploring, which is what I look for in an open world game.
    In fact, overall Valhalla is one of the better games out there, so it's a shame that there's this settlement problem.
    Thanx again for your attention.

• Ubi-Keo

@f4tes1 could you please provide a video that demonstrates this issue.

In the video I would need to see the following:

• Your alliance map to show that you have completed all regions
    • Your quest log screen showing your available quests
    • The England map to show you have completed all available raids
    • Your inventory showing your current raw materials and supplies
    • Go to each of the farms that are left to upgrade and show how many raw materials and supplies are required

I would recommend uploading your video to a video sharing platform such as YouTube, you can then copy the URL link into this thread. 

Official Response
  • F4TES1
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-keo
    So, having made a video following your request, I was unable to get it on you tube apparently.
    However, in the process I now find that the upgrade boards for the three farms are no longer there. All other previous information remains though.
    I now suspect it's just that the map isn't recognising all my upgrades. I'm not even sure what it benefits to be level 6 settlement, probably the feast buffs.
    Anyway, I can provide screenshots to verify what you asked for, except for the England map, as it was too many close up screenshots to provide the relevant info.
    You'll just have to take my word that I've done ALL the monastery's.
    So, it now seems that I can't even add the 14 screenshots here apparently!
    I tried using Dropbox but I'd need your e-mail apparently.
    In the end we may as well forget it, this is all far too much work for what may prove to be a very small reward if any.
    Thanx for your time and trouble anyway.
    Cheers

• Jess16Dav
    5 posts

Hello I have completed all the raids but I don't have enough raw supplies to fully upgrade Ravensthorp(i am at level 5 atm) e I have in fact 0 raw supplies but I have over 88K in normal supplies is my game bugged or did I do something wrong I have explored the entire map but don't know what to do I still need to do the 2nd and final cattle farm expansion and the 2nd and final grain and fowl farm expansions any help will be very nice

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @f4tes1 apologies for the late response.

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced issues uploading your video to YouTube and uploading your screenshots to Dropbox.

I would suggest trying another video sharing website if you are unable to upload your video to YouTube. To investigate the issue further we would need to see a video to ensure you have completed all of the Raids in England.

Upgrading your Settlement to level 6 unlocks an achievement and an additional feast buff.

Official Response

Suggested Topics