ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• El_Cuervacho
    Original poster 59 posts

Here we go again... or not, we'll see:

Original article:

https://kotaku.com/ghost-recon-breakpoint-frontline-nft-scam-battle-royale-1848756782

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1385 posts

More of the same and even more " Selective Hearing/Listening " perhaps

Or will it be more of a " This game has a huge potential " if only they do ... this!

Has there been an " Official " announcement of this new Game or is this their new Gimmicky way of announcing news now. As in "Leaking information" so people and Youtubers do their hype-train for them w/o wasting a single dollar?

• Gmoneymozart
    61 posts

@fcac-no-moe This game will have to hit the bullseye bro because the small dedicated community we have will not launch a new title to success. They have to come out with all the bells and whistles to undue the damage Breakpoint did to the franchise. In the meantime, if the devs "did this" the game would be AMAZING! 😉

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1385 posts
    @Gmoneymozart This game will have to hit the bullseye bro because the small dedicated community we have will not launch a new title to success. They have to come out with all the bells and whistles to undue the damage Breakpoint did to the franchise. In the meantime, if the devs "did this" the game would be AMAZING! 😉

Gmoney, I am 100% with you but, and I am sorry to be the bad seed of negativity here ... how exactly will they accomplish that?

What have you seen or know that we or rather I don't know?

2 to 3 1/2 years to develop won't be enough even if they now bring 2000 people because all that means is people creating wrong things thinking that is what the boss want.

I also agree that if the Devs "did this" the game wolud be AMAZING but, again ... aren't we talking about the same studio that claim they had no interest in making a military shooter? And this is the same Studio that will make this AMAZING game?

Help me out here because I do, really really do, want to play a decent GR game... I have been wanting to do so even since OGR because GRAW started the downward spiral in my view even if I consider it the 2nd Best GR (now) after all of the others have not really been.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@gmoneymozart After Breakpoint, I seriously doubt many, if any at all, of the community here will spend anything unless the "Beta" Ubi will almost certainly release prior to the game launch is actually good. At least that is what I would hope most people do after the likes of Breakpoint and so many other tone-deaf announcements made by Ubi while still stubbornly holding onto their own visions of chasing fads.

• DanHibikiFanXM
    53 posts

Oh, we’ve all seen this movie. They can’t afford to mess up, which is precisely why they will.

We’ll get another generic and bloated Ubisoft open world game that will be filled with stuff nobody wants.

There will be community requests from Breakpoint that are added (“Look guys! We added blouses boots just like you wanted!”), and other requests that are completed in ways that don’t make sense (“Look guys! We added breaching torches for fences!...but they only work on *specific* fences, they don’t function like your other gadgets, and there are easier entry points to use rendering them useless!”).

We’ll get the exact same lame command system with the same old broken sync shot mechanic with only marginal improvement (and the improvement will be debatable).

Maybe I’m wrong, but I know better than to have any optimism until it’s earned.

• Gmoneymozart
    61 posts

@fcac-no-moe we'll just have to wait and find out. All I know is that if they flop again GR might be shelved for a long time just like Splinter Cell. So lets hope after 2 1/2 years of feedback, surveys etc they actually have an idea of what they're doing this time around.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1385 posts
    @Gmoneymozart we'll just have to wait and find out. All I know is that if they flop again GR might be shelved for a long time just like Splinter Cell. So lets hope after 2 1/2 years of feedback, surveys etc they actually have an idea of what they're doing this time around.

Well, I am going to have to beg to differ but I am 100% with Dan & Church on this one and the reason is simple... WAAAAAYYY to much BS, the Selective hearing and comprehension from the Studio is just tone-deaf and/or wanting to insult our intelligence.

Again, I have no clue why, after this 10 lb turd on a 5 lb bag, Ubi will give it to the same studio, more so when I do believe there was a statement from them saying they didn't want anything to do with making a Military Shooter so, why am I going to get all warm and fuzzy inside?

Can they surprise me? Sure, sure they can and in a big way but will they? ... Therein lies the 5 lb bag they brought!

• AI.BLUEFOX
    270 posts

@gmoneymozart

I agree. The jury is out on this one.

As much as Wildlands seemed to steer the franchise back in the right direction in some ways, Breakpoint was a stunning example of how disconnected some of the Dev decisions were from what was being asked. The AI team was an unfathomable omission and the fence thing was more of a gimmick as Dan says.

Frontline didn't give me much confidence that the lessons from Breakpoint were really absorbed and using NFTs for an MTX like application as the first use of blockchain was a really ill-advised introduction when they could have used it to help with User Generated Content. However, Frontline being kicked down the road for a re-set and the decision to halt Breakpoint do reflect feedback being listened to. I just hope the next game doesn't offer us three and fourpence because the Devs think we're going to a dance.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1385 posts

I'm sorry but, how does Flatline being kicked down and support for BP being halted reflects or translates in any way, shape or form in them listening to the community? My vote goes more to the Pitches & Fork producing the why Flatline was kicked down and well, if most of you didn't forecast that there was not going to be a Y3 support you have no one else to blame but yourselves. Really!!!

That is NOT called Listening, anywhere in the world that is what is known as Reacting!

Have they said that in any other social media circuit? I ask this because last thing we heard from the CMs here was my banning and the introduction of a Code of Conduct mambo jambo that they don't even police, only when is convenient for them or whomever is behind the tall tale.

The only thing that I believe the jury is still out is on whether it is TRUE that there is another AAA GR in the works and I can't help but wonder, yet again... why hasn't Delta being called on it? or are we going to play the same old song that by the time Delta got involved the game was already 2 years in the making and it would be impossible to change? I guess the Jury's also out on that one.

At any rate, this is what happens when they respect and listen to the community... a big wet nothing.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    270 posts

Listening, reacting, being aware of, responding to, taking note of ... call it what you like if twisting the semantics helps you feel good and score points.

We all know there is a problem in that they are not taking the time to engage effectively with the community before it's too late, but at least they recognised they were on the wrong track with Frontline and pulled the community test. With Breakpoint, they carried on regardless.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1385 posts

Again, they only Reacted because they were scolded by the community, most Youtubers and perhaps even casual gamers interested in Ghost Recon.

Recognizing something implies that one learns from their mistakes but what they did with Flatline after the Fiasco of Breakpoint is just continue in the same blurry vision path they had been going (different studio, sure, same mentality & blurry vision), and then as a breath of fresh air and because they listen to the community, they gave us NFTs.

But hey, you see it different, I know that and most people here know that as well ... no need to get testy because my opinion is different than yours. Bottom line is they have yet to prove that they have listened let alone learn from their mistakes.

I personally couldn't care less if they don't communicate as long as they listen and make the game the community wants but they still think, to this day, that they know better, that they are the ones holding all the cards, hence, why they failed and possibly fail yet again with this new one (if there is one anyways).

Since all they do is lie and or insult people's intelligence, perhaps it would be better if they don't talk but just prove it? Man-Up and bring a video trailer worth its content in gold, I'd bet people would be more impressed than an scripted blanket statement that says nothing but big words.

• Ice-Quinn
    56 posts

Look, hunni… they say that everything goes better with Coke. But I’ll only trust what this company has to say or offer again, when leadership makes the (public) commitment to swear off such… beverages, when making games. It must be snowing year-round in Paris. All allegedly, of course. #TryFanta

• AI.BLUEFOX
    270 posts

@fcac-no-moe so we agree then. They listened to what was being said and reacted to it.

That's all I said, plus the qualifying sentence that they could have avoided the whole mess if they engaged more effectively in the first place. I'm not feeling testy about your reply, just bemused as to why it triggered you so.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1385 posts

Alrighty then, you almost answered in the same manner that UBI answers... very predictable.

undefined

• AgentMikel
    241 posts

Ghost Recon: Soon™
    It will be available pretty Soon™!

• Church367A
    147 posts

@ai-bluefox Generally, you don't need to react to a dumpster fire if you listen and don't make the dumpster fire in the first place. Not really semantics, but clearly not all perspectives view things the same.

Suggested Topics