ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 138 posts

I'm sure many of you Ghosts saw the news yesterday: Ubiflop is developing the new Ghost Recon and have been, allegedly for the last year or so. Interesting.

I'm curious to know everyones realistic expectations of what this game will be like.

I've been spoiled for choice on PC playing real tactical shooters, so I think I definitely have a higher standard of what we ought to be getting in this game.

With that said, this is what I expect Ubiflop to do:

-The game will be open world.
    -Most likely have an improved script and decent storyline because of Breakpoint.
    -Game mechanics will be the same or slightly improved from Breakpoint (In my opinion, Breakpoint has the best third person animations in the industry. They shouldn't have to add that much).
    -The game will be as always focused on gameplay instead of a deep driven storyline. I'm expecting a generic story with generic missions. Bases and targets to take out.
    -Weapons and items will or course be behind a pay wall.
    -A game that is not heavily inspired by the military culture but a light hearted military spec ops game

I think we will thoroughly enjoy the game but with heavy criticism for improvement because they did not take our advice.

What I would like to see realistically:

-First person and third person toggle
    -Being able to tilt left and right
    -Offset scopes (Iron sight, magnified scopes) on all Assault rifles, DMRs, Snipers.
    -Individual squad commands
    -Squad formations
    -Breach in commands
    -Breachable doors and windows in enemy buildings
    -Control team alpha, Bravo and Charlie, AI and with team mates (12 player Co op)
    -I'm expecting an improved and alive open world compared to breakpoint but not as great as Wildlands.
    -A decent amount of weapons and attire to begin with.
    -To fully customise our characters and not have fixed skins
    -Adopted AI settings from the realism mod
    -To give us 1 weapon and allow us to customise it however we please like WW3 and Ground Branch.
    -Low time to kill

-A map and mission creator would be a dream come true, but we're not getting one.

I've been playing WW3, Ground Branch, Arma 3 but Breakpoint on a tactical level misses a lot of things. I still love the game. If its a flop, I'm not complaining that much.

By then the new Arma and Arma 4 will be pending to be released. And Arma does things that Ghosts wish Ubiflop will do with Ghost Recon. Let's see what they do.

Ubiflop doesn't make military tactical games for the gun and military enthusiasts, for the veterans but for the casual gamer. Let's see what they do with this this.

Eagle-eyezx

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts

If leak is true and even if it comes from Reliable Sources (because there is no official claim yet, correct?) and so as not to type the same thing I already said in other posts I will keep it short.

1 year in development and planning to launch in 2023 = 2 years of development for a AAA game? Yep, another 10 lbs of crap inside a 5 lb bag ... and I am being optimistic.

What can they do in 2 years of development? Yep, we have seen it before ... Breakpoint:Over!

Ok so it will be in MOA Island so I am sure everyone is just salivating over it!

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@eagle-eyezx the biggest question for me: will it be Next Gen Only. If no, my expectations will be below the basement. If yes, I might let myself get my hopes up slightly.

I just pray they realize what they have with The Ghost Experience, and push that further [say, decouple enemy ability from health/armor, adjustable spotting range/speed/etc, improved gunsmith/loadout system that factors in weight]. I'd also love them to lose the mechs, and improve enemy AI.

All those squad/mechanics sound great, I just don't see the team that made Breakpoint doing it.

• IllyriusWarrior
    28 posts

They should focus the story on Middle East, as the devs are French Arabic. They should do some research on new order called neocons how they topple old regimes to install new puppet corrupted ones to do their biddings http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/3021001.stm: (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/3021001.stm) , how the hell on earth terrorist organization as al Nursa /ISIS took over in Iraq,Syria, Lybia, and ultimately with Nuland https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26079957: (https://bbc.com/news/world-europe-26079957) which gave us Ukraine of 2014 and the puppets azof pseudos rightist now founded by Igor Kolomoisky who hates them else where but is ok with them as puppet there https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/3/1/who-are-the-azov-regiment: (https://aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/3/1/who-are-the-azov-regiment)

• Agent0range96
    18 posts

OMG... No more open world.

• GhostLeader87
    8 posts

It's going to be a game flooded with the new bloody NFT model. I myself have 0 faith in Ubiturd. I haven't for a very long time. It's just going to be a create, rinse and repeat model as always with their games and yet people will come defending the new title saying "Oh they've changed, They've listened" excuse. LOL another flop on the way if there is a new GR underway. Will the community finally listen this time? probably not as always and then end up being burned and then start crying how the dev team lacks communication. I have my popcorn and beer ready.

• Megalodon-26
    335 posts

@agent0range96 They need to keep it open world, or at least quasi open world. They could go with something like what they are doing with Assassins Creed Infinity. Smaller open world maps around the size of 2 or 3 provinces, but can be located in various combat zones around the world. Then every 3-4 months, they release a brand new map, in a new location, with a it's own campaign and enemies. So you could go from hunting terrorists in villages and caves of the Hindu Kush, to taking down a kidnapping ring to find and rescue American hostages in the sprawling slums of RIo, to fighting a rebel militia group in the dense jungles of Vietnam or Africa, to a covert op to rescue VIP's trapped in Russian occupied Ukraine. The possibilities are almost endless, even for PVP, because you'd be able to add new maps, every time they release a new location.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts

Whatever world they want is fine with me as long as the priority is a proper Shooting game and not just an eye candy world.

• Danielastjohn
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Eagleyezx

@latenitedelight Probably the most important point so far: it has to be a next gen only game. If not, the game will be limited in its capabilities. The second critical point is what engine they will use. Knowing Ubiflop, all their new games will be for all platforms using old engines.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@eagle-eyezx I disagree. So it has the new abilities of the next gen with shinier graphics, faster load times, whatever else. In the end that does not equate to Ubi actually taking advantage of that power in a meaningful way such as actually improving the AI or recreating a lifelike engaging world/maps. Both of which I can easily point to examples of near decade old games that do AI better with more logical responses even in open world settings. It would be nice if all of that was made so and taken advantage of, but it does not equate to Ubi actually doing any of the necessary work to bring such features to fruition.

Have next-gen consoles even finally become easily obtainable or are there still shortages? I can't say I've looked too hard just due to the fact that nothing as of late has made me want to upgrade, but I do recall seeing articles stating shortages will likely continue for the PS5s and Series X.

• Eagleyezx

@church367a I didn't say it was the most valid point, but it should be a high priority as its 'probably one of the most important points' as well as the things I listed out in my initial post. I said Ubiflop should adopt the realism AI settings onto the next game.

Do you guys like to argue for the sake of arguing?

• Eagleyezx

@illyriuswarrior I'd love to have quasi open worlds in different locations, especially in the Middle East as you said. Would love to see Eastern Europe and somewhere around China.

But Ubiflop would probably stay away from the Ghost Recon lore and create their own worlds and narrative for the next one.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts

Do you guys like to argue for the sake of arguing?

How do you keep a conversation or debate going if you don't argue some of the points? Why do you take it personally? you posted your points, he posted his points, just argue your point and move on, otherwise, how else do we get to the nitty gritty of the game we want?

Part of the why I always try to make my points in every posts (as annoying as it is or it must be) is because I feel that if I don't, whomever sees these posts (if they even) will see that perhaps NOT all of us want more Raids or Gear Score or Exploration in the next Ghost Recon game but a solid grounded and mature game, otherwise, I feel that if I don't, they will do whatever they want... not that it is helping because of the obvious fiasco with this 10 lbs turd on a 5 lbs bag.

But hey, I am nothing if not consistent with wanting a more rooted and similar OGR game.

• Church367A
    147 posts
    @eagle-eyezx Probably the most important point so far: it has to be a next gen only game.

The above is what you said, which to me equates to what I previously mentioned with better graphics and faster load times; nothing more. Neither of those things are of very high importance if the AI, game world, gunplay, and story are still some ridiculous GI Joe cartoon inspired fantasy.

Thanks for clarifying your point, but to me I just don't see this next gen as a substantial leap when compared to previous console jumps say going from a Sega Genesis to the N64 to an xbox or even an original Xbox to the X360. There are plenty of examples why next gen is not a necessity for having better AI, or even a solid order wheel, along with an actual squad of 6 or more while still maintaining an open world setting in a plausible reality.

• Megalodon-26
    335 posts

@church367a These next gen machines are a substantial leap. For example, they are powerful enough that all the enemies within several thousand yards could be loaded into the map, making those 1000+ yd sniper shots possible without a coop teammate to spawn and mark them. Or if you blow up a building, it could remain destroyed for the duration of that game session. Basically, anything that can be done on a PC, can also be done on these new consoles, which just wasn't possible on earlier generations.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@bigrexxx While I don't know of the actual ranges, I will point out how the Bad Company games successfully implemented world destruction, and it was even something that while not as destructive, stood out in Battlefield 1 with how the ground itself was deformed by explosions. But again, that power means little if it is not taken advantage of and from that I'll just point out how Ubi made the decision prior to the fanbase outcry to get rid of what little fireteam they neutered Ghost Recon with from Future Soldier to the present.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@church367a It's a huge leap. Seriously, the PS4/XBOne are rocking a decade old laptop CPU. The CPU is key to AI, but pretty steals threads too for them fancy polygons.

Breakpoint took the CPU overhead for the living world and gave them to the drone AI and prettier world.

The next gen consoles just blow last gen out of the water on that front - you just haven't seen a game take advantage of it because of the shortages. If they still have to target the old systems, then the next gen power is simply used to make it look prettier.

• Eagleyezx

@bigrexxx My point exactly. Arma can do more things because of the hardware that it's on so being on next gen is critically important.

If you like long range fights you need to play Arma 3 because you're not getting it in Breakpoint or Wildlands.

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe I actually agreed with everything the guy said and stated that AI needs to adopt the realism mod settings. But I stated that it being on next gen in my opinion is probably one of the most important points as well.

Suggested Topics