ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Church367A
    147 posts

@latenitedelight So there are still shortages? My point still stands though in there being better AI even on the current gen of consoles, that unless Ubi actually does the work to improve those areas it doesn't matter what console Ubi focuses on in terms of what potential it brings to the future, because it is just that, potential. Which is something that has been brought up so many times with quite a few games that it is just disappointing to say the least.

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 138 posts

@church367a Do you think Ubiflop will be inspired by the realism mod settings for the next game? Or to make the AI more difficult? I doubt it but I'd like to think they would be.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@eagle-eyezx I would hope for many things, but given how Ubi went from Wildlands to Breakpoint I'm not expecting them to do anything but chase fads and run towards failure.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

I also expect an open world (otherwise replay value is minimal).

I expect a return to a Wildlands style campaign structure as was done with Motherland. Not expecting anything revolutionary here, but it would be nice if they planned a mission scripting tool for players from day 1.

I hope they improve or overhaul the engine. The draw distances are pitiful, and the whole detection algorithm need an overhaul to include smoke, mist, vegetation, camo, ghillie suits, nighttime, etc. The AI also needs serious work. I wouldn't mind more large scale urban settings and bases if this helps AI programming. The AI in the Division 2 is vastly better than in Breakpoint, and that maybe due to the more confined spaces that enables the programmers to program them more realistically.

I hope they took note of the Mod and greatly expand the options for players to adjust difficulty.

I think the big question, no one probably wants to discuss, is how will they monetize the game and drive player engagement post-launch. The Division 2 is really the benchmark when it comes to player engagement but a lot of that is related to gear score and min-maxing. You need to have something for the players to play for to drive ongoing engagement and MTX. In Wildlands, the daily challenges and loot boxes kept many people playing well past the best-before date. Breakpoint's daily faction missions were a great engagement tool, I thought... I even liked the reward tracks.

If the game is engaging and authentic, it will sell well and keep people in the game. Then how they address the post-launch content, engagement, and rewards will probably decide whether this game makes a ton of money longer term.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@church367a We have no idea if Ubi Paris wanted to improve the AI or not, because they couldn't. Well, they could have done without the drones - but the point is, we don't know what they will do with the extra power.

One hopes they would boost AI, but I have no idea if they have the talent or engine to pull that off.

We still haven't seen a truly next gen game.. I'm really curious what Massive has done with Avatar, even though I don't find the concept terribly interesting to me.. that might give us a better idea of what to expect from the next Ghost Recon

• Church367A
    147 posts

@latenitedelight They couldn't improve the AI? How so exactly? MGSV has radio checks and units linking up to investigate and attack the player, Wildlands had AI at least investigate an area before fully detecting you, upon catching a glimpse of your character. Heck, even the AI in the original Ghost Recon game on the original xbox were capable of adhering to orders and moving properly as a fireteam. Take enemies in GRAW 2 who will at least go prone immediately after receiving fire, sure beats the heck out of the frozen deer in the headlights enemies of Breakpoint.

Next gen or not, the AI can be leaps and bounds better than the garbage that is Breakpoint.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts
    @bigrexxx These next gen machines are a substantial leap. For example, they are powerful enough that all the enemies within several thousand yards could be loaded into the map, making those 1000+ yd sniper shots possible without a coop teammate to spawn and mark them. Or if you blow up a building, it could remain destroyed for the duration of that game session. Basically, anything that can be done on a PC, can also be done on these new consoles, which just wasn't possible on earlier generations.

It is not that I am saying or thinking that you are lying, it could be more of I just can't fathom the consoles having the same power of a PC because I can't fathom that a little onboard Video Chip can have the same power as a 3 fan Nvidia GTX or AMD Radeon is all.

Now, being said that, I do wish that that is possible and the Next Gen console are capable of such power then they can make a decent game w/o watering it down for the PC gamers.

@Eagle-eyezx fcac-no-moe I actually agreed with everything the guy said and stated that AI needs to adopt the realism mod settings. But I stated that it being on next gen in my opinion is probably one of the most important points as well.

OK, so again, you gave your opinion about and he gave his... win win if you ask me because this is why we are here. 👍

@Church367A My point still stands though in there being better AI even on the current gen of consoles, that unless Ubi actually does the work to improve those areas it doesn't matter what console Ubi focuses on in terms of what potential it brings to the future, because it is just that, potential. Which is something that has been brought up so many times with quite a few games that it is just disappointing to say the least

+ 100%

I have huge reservations of if they will be in for the effort that it takes for making the leap to come up with the proper GR experience or if it will be more of the same follow the trend and hope the money comes in w/o doing all that much.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@church367a polygon increases + drones [WL to BP].

MSGV, besides being a different engine, had lower graphical levels and much sparser maps.

I'm not giving Ubi Paris a free pass or anything, I think they made a mistake with their tradeoffs... I just don't think people realize how limiting those consoles are. I have no faith they can put greatly improved AI into the next game, but I don't really know until they've had a chance to prove it. If the next GR isn't Next Gen, we still won't have an answer.

There is no game on the market with good enemy AI. The Division 2 might have the most complex current gen enemy AI, and even there they had to use spawn limits and other tricks that still didn't consistently work.

• Megalodon-26
    335 posts

@fcac-no-moe They say that there is enough CPU power in the Series X, to run 4 games at the same time. Which is probably why quick resume works so well. I know that the CPU and GPU's are custom builds, but when comparing the specs of the components of the Series X, experts have said they were similar to an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x CPU and either a Raydeon RX 6800, or an Nvidia RTX 3070 GPU.

• Ice-Quinn
    56 posts

It’s over, folks.
    I can’t say I’m hopeful for the future. Ubiflop lost the plot and their minds. To wait for another disappointment? Yeah, I think I’m done. 😞

• NewFool7
    51 posts

If Ubisoft continues to put freshly graduated, unexperienced, and overly concerned with their hair-color game developers than we should start looking at the Ghost Recon franchise similarly to how the Earth Defense Force and Dynasty Warrior franchises are treated. They are training grounds for newbies.

• MikeWeeks
    395 posts

@Newfool7 Training grounds for newbies you say? We've indeed already there I think.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

You guys are simply put, way too negative.

Look at it this way, there are way more positives than negatives... you have ALL that open world to go pick up flowers and shoot human paper targets 'till your heart's content. Hours and Hours of walking through beautiful backgrounds can be had if you only walk it.

pffft... shows how little you all know about AAA Military shooter games!

• NewFool7
    51 posts

@fcac-no-moe You're right. Strategically eliminating hostiles isn't very woke, anyway.

• MikeWeeks
    395 posts

No need to pick flowers, not when you can pick up these beauties and make a killin' at Maria's shop ...

• Eagleyezx

@church367a There are too many good things to talk about MGSV' AI. They have a CCTV detection system, AI becomes suspicious if a soldier doesn't answer, you can hold someone hostage and scenarios develop out of that.

What we are missing from Breakpoint are the 1mile detection and gun fights. In Arma you could be walking through a field and have hostiles shoot at you 700yrds - 1000yrds out. I saw the realism mod adopt something like this.

Knowing Ubiflop, they've probably made Ghost Recon into a close quarter combat game again, poor rendering for us long range shooters, along with detection up to 400yrds.

For these reasons I hope the Ghost community gravitates to the new Arma when this game comes out.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@eagle-eyezx Personally, I would love for an ARMA game to make its way over to console, but that is also how I view Ghost Recon should lean more towards and not this neutered version that it has become throughout each iteration dulling down and removing core aspects of the game. At the same time, I also think that most people who have already given up on Ghost Recon have already jumped into playing ARMA or at the very least have picked it up as well while still hoping Ghost Recon will return to something more like the game's origins.

In general, hopefully some of these tactical shooters such as Insurgency and HLL will finally give Ubi some reassurance that if they do move Ghost Recon more towards its origins it can still be a financial success. Either way, I would hope that Ubi learns from their ignorance of chasing fads that they are not winning over a new crowd or inspiring confidence in future games, but given their track record so far I'm not expecting any changes.

• El_Cuervacho
    56 posts

Wonder if Ubisoft Paris' Academy threw an even bigger party (and had the sense to keep it out of YT) when the studio killed it:

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

I'm betting the party cost UBI more than the actual game.

On the other hand, the community needs to unite and make it a point NOT to buy the game if it isn't what we asked for. Now, the issue with this is that the Studio has been able to generalized (read: water down the core of the community) by bringing all those other Genres into GR so we always going to have people making excuses as to the why they bought the game only to then come complain that the game lacks this and the game lacks that but its ok because they have found some fun exploring the big map.

Oh well, it is what it is.

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe Now this is definitely what we need to do. We have to hold the game hostage until the tactical requirements of the game are met.

As I said, I'm occupied with some good games so I won't be in a rush to play it.

Suggested Topics