ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Misiek_1991
    Original poster 34 posts

Hello,
    It would be really great if we could set maximum stock value as well. I mean on particular island I want to store from 100 to 200 gas, so I can set minimum and maximum value. This would let us stop draining another islands. Now when I placed a Gas Plant and transport gas from my main hub, there is no option to limit it (I know, I can count and set lower value in trade route window). But setting maximum value on the destination island would be much easier and really helpfull in many cases.
    Best regards,
    Misiek

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Humility925
    89 posts

This isn't value,
    This is storage, those minimum is meant for keep goods or products in storage that trader can't touch it, and leave that product/goods for residential and productions building for own used. Now if come to trade, there is option for a.i buying and good, there is had control of sale, but some like gas and oil can't be trade at all.
    There is no reason to control maximum, as it's already come with it on based of your storage capacity, that is your maximum, so you only can cause more or less number of maximum on depend how many storage capacity you can build or get rid of it, more or less.

• Misiek_1991
    Original poster 34 posts

@humility925
    I did not mean trade with A.I.
    I have got an industrial island and I want to build there gas plant and transport some gas. I set the trade route, and let my ship go there with gas from main gas hub. BUT I dont want to transfer there as much gas as I can (storege capacity), I only want to keep there maximum of 100 t of gas. So if on the industrial island is less then 100 t of gas - ship will leave there gas to fill 100, but no more.
    Now it is only possible by counting time and set right amount in the trade route settings, but it would be much easier to set the limit in the destination warehouse.

Storage capacity is not the solution, because I want to produce there much and just keep some gas for 1 or 2 plants.

• Humility925
    89 posts

@misiek_1991 Ah, you want specific maximun of gave on other warehouse dock when gave goods/product certain even thought stroage is too high maximun, but you want gave little bit on this warehouse then next warehouse, rather than gave it all away from trade ship or airship, is this correct?

• Asterix201252
    345 posts

@misiek_1991
    If I understand you correctly, what you want to do is to have a trade route to take gas from your main gas hub to this industrial island. You want to then to keep 100 tons of gas at this island.
    There is a way to do this. Set up your trade route to load 100 tons of gas at the hub. On the industrial island, in the warehouse set minimum stock for gas to 100 tons. Then set the trade route to unload 100 tons at the industrial island but also to load 100 tons. What will then happen, is that the route will load the "surplus" above 100 tons. It will take it back to the hub. You can also set it up to unload 100 tons at the hub island to put the surplus back in stock. This should do what you want. The downside is that you have a fair bit6 of gas running around in your ship. Also, the loading time may seem long because it takes the time for 100 tons unload, plus 100 ton load even if you only move transfer 20 tons.

A bit more sophisticated was would be to make a one time delivery of 100 tons to start it off. Then calculate how much you will use in the interval between successive deliveries. If they are in the same session, this isn't likely to be longer than 15 or 20 minutes. So, you could set up the route to only take the amount you need for this amount of time.

Like this:

• silverangelduo
    11 posts

Finer controls over trade route transfers would be nice. Certain islands don't need to be filled to the brim with some items, but if they're being delivered to that island it's going to always attempt to fill to the maximum storage. A maximum stock setting after which ships would no longer unload would be a very nice addition, especially with things like gas and the new fertilizer from Seeds of Change.

• Bloodlex2
    26 posts

Hey,
    I think that's a great idea to have a possibility to set that. I have a lot of islands that produce huge amounts of goods and have a lot of warehouse storing capacity. However, I do still import some goods there which don't need to be there in big amounts. Without this option it drains my other islands of that good. If they are nearby, it's still hard to set a low enough value of importing. I think that would be a great addition with that and I'm looking forward to see it in game. Thanks 🙂

• Misiek_1991
    Original poster 34 posts

I hope it will be added with next Game Update 🙂

• Bloodlex2
    26 posts

@misiek_1991 me too 😊

Suggested Topics