ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Fusil.
    Original poster 20 posts

Before the new scopes appeared, most operators had ACOGs, so it was fun to be able to use multiple scopes.
    But now, many operators are not able to use ACOG, which I think is reducing the variety and choice of scopes, reducing the fun of the game.

For example, the defending team's DOC, ROOK, and ECHO did not have fast movements due to their slow movement speed, but unlike other defense teams, they had high accuracy because they had ACOG.
    And after these operators lost ACOG, they got 1.5x scope, but operators like ALIBI, MOZZIE, WAMAI, which move faster and have better guns than DOC, ROOK, ECHO, also got 1.5x scope, and eventually DOC, ROOK and ECHO have become operators without advantages compared to other operators.

Attack operators are in a simmilar situation.
    Before the new scope was created, most offensive operators used ACOG and most defensive operators used 1x scopes, so I felt a big difference in play depending on whether I was attacking or defending. However, since the attack operator that is mainly used these days uses the same 1x scope and 1.5x scope as the defending team, so the game becomes boring as the playstyles of attack and defense become similar.

And given that most attack poerator guns had no balance issues when they had ACOGs, I don't think adding 1x ~ 2.5x scopes to guns that had ACOG before the new scopes appeared would create balance issues.

Even if you think this article is nonsense, please test it on the test server even if it does not apply to the official server.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Wplly
    1 posts

@fusil-obd i totally agree. i dont know why should i play doc instead of thunderbird or other speedy operaters that have 1.5scope. doc 2.5scope will balance the pick ratio between doc and other operaters

• HadesOrso9288_
    282 posts

@fusil-obd the only reason they nerfed Doc and Echo by removing the ACOG from their loadout was because those operators were designed to anchor the site, not to roam, and because they had ACOG's, people would go for spawn peeks with said operators when both of those operators have gadgets that are vital to the defenders with Doc being able to rely on his own gadget and not having to necessarily stim anyone but himself because Thunderbird exists, unless he's the only medic chosen during a round, and then Echo who gains Intel and can deny the attackers from planting the defuser. Rook is the only exception to this because all he needs to do is put down his armor and then he is no longer needed, which is why Rook players are encouraged to roam after fulfilling their role, and it's encouraged through the 2.0x on his MP5. And then operators like Maestro lost it because his Alda 5.56 already has decently accurate hipfire spread, even after the nerf, the gun is a complete laser beam when ADS'ing, and Maestro is an anchor, and so they removed to to encourage Maestro players to anchor. Same goes for Jäger and Bandit, hence why Ubisoft nerfed Jäger's ADS to where it deploys an anti utility round every 10 seconds after utility is thrown into it's vicinity, basically to encourage players to do what some refer to as the Jäger utility burn trick. And for Bandit it's his most recent buff that allows him to Bandit trick the wall with more ease.

And as for the other operators you listed, they were given the 1.5x to increase their pick rate and encourage 3 super operators with said scope to play more aggressively.

And as for attackers, I don't see how giving some of the attackers they're ACOG's back would hurt, considering that most of the attackers that lost the ACOG ended up getting recoil nerfs, and most people that are in Silver and below can't seem to control recoil as effectively as Plat and above (I didn't mention Gold because at that point it's a mix of both types of players that are able and unable to control recoil for certain guns). So attackers should have no problems having an ACOG for the operators that don't really have them anymore, but only to the extent that only some of them should receive it only because of the aspect of keeping the game balanced without having any outliers.

• Fuxk_ur_xss
    1 posts

@fusil-obd agree 3000

Suggested Topics