ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Azhrei21
    Original poster 122 posts

I'm on PS4. the NORMAL dock and crew in the settlement are fine. It's the River Raid (I'll just type RR from now on) dock off to the side I have issues with.

First off when I changed the crew yesterday, the vikings on the dock were still the old ones that I don't have set as my crew anymore (i went from using lvl1's with "cool" armor to lvl 2's). Now I just did a river raid and came back. Now half the crew on the dock IS my crew, but 3 of them are lvl 1's (with cool store gear like ones i use in the normal crew) that aren't IN my RR crew anymore. To top that off one of those 3 I just dismissed, and he was still walking around the dock. I fast traveled back to the settlement thinking that might make it load the right crew, but that didn't work and the one i got rid of is still there. Why does the RR dock not switch your crew members to the correct ones (that you're actually using) right away like the normal dock?

Also why can we not see the weapons a Jomsviking is using in the preview screen when you're selecting crew (and rotate them like we can rotate ourselves in the inventory)? That lacking feature makes it really annoying to figure out who has what and who even has a shield. As it is you have to pick someone who you may have forgotten what they use then go FIND them to see what they have equipped. Yes I know you can see this when hiring them, but players change them (hell I just realized one guy I had got all it's armor changed and the goof forgot to put ANY weapons...). It's even MORE annoying on the RR dock since your full crew isn't populated on the dock, I've only seen like 6 (it's a crew of 8 for RR's right?) then 2 randoms I'm not using at all from my pool of vikings (unless that's another screw up related to my first paragraph?). IF I want to see who has what before a raid then I have to go to the NORMAL dock (I can't be sure I'll even find them at the RR dock), equip them there, then look at them as the dock resets and the crew walks up the dock. Then change back to my normal crew i was using then go to the RR dock and pick the guys I selected... Doing what I said in the first line of the paragraph would make this annoyance go away.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Azhrei21

@azhrei21 Also... unrelated to the crew itself.... why in all hell can't we save during a river raid? I know you're trying to "immerse" us in these but IT'S A GAME. We have lives. I had to leave my console on all night last night cause i didn't want the river to reset cause there's this thing we do at night called sleeping... >.<

• Azhrei21

@azhrei21 Well I did a run and came back and the viking i had dismissed is gone as well are the other two (that I'm not using atm). There's only 4 on the dock now and they're 4 I'm actually using in river raids (actually strike that, there's 8 in the river raid crew and one of the 4 on the dock is still one I'm NOT using... I mean c'mon, if it's only gonna pick 4 it can't pick 4 of the ones I use to... "show off"?). But I shouldn't have to go and do a raid and come back for that to change... the normal dock and crew change right away...

And I realize you don't normally do an entire map at once (you can't carry all the resources), but we still should be able to save the game...

EDIT: Well I figured out a workaround that's ALSO annoying... go to the normal dock, one by one set all the raiders as your normal crew (that will remove them from the RR dock), then put your normal crew back. Then go to the RR dock and set the crew members you want, and THEN that'll be who is visible... Also later on i saw there were now 7 of my crew on the RR dock lol... >.<

• Azhrei21

Ok as for saving and your excuses.... Well I just wasted an hour and a half on river Severn or whatever. There's a small camp somewhere near where I've put the cursor in the pic I think. I went into the camp to clear it before "calling for the raid". There were two guys off to the left and a home i could climb into via one of those triangle openings near the roof. Except this one has a couple ropes across the building (the side of it facing the river) making it difficult to even grab onto the lip of the opening... I tried to get in there and ended up getting glitched and stuck IN the opening, then I just flat out died. Wasting the past hour and a half of my time...

If we could save when we want (like after clearing a camp), or you just let it auto save when a raid on a camp's complete, we wouldn't literally WASTE our time playing your game...

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 847 posts

@azhrei21 Hey there, sorry to hear you're running into issues setting up your crew! Would you be able to record a video showing you choosing your crew and that crew not being present?

As for saving during river raids, this is working as intended. I recommend posting your feedback in the gameplay category so it can be properly reviewed.

Official Response
  • Azhrei21

@ubi-mushy no your dev team can read my post and do it themselves exactly like i said, i'm not going to spend an hour or so going back and forth between halls to make a video...

As for the saves. No **** that's the way it's intended. And it's stupid as all hell... AND LITERALLY WASTES OUR TIME!

• Azhrei21

@ubi-mushy ok I just completely changed my crew after getting level 3. My point of all that before was when you change your RR crew, it doesn't change who's on the dock. Hell the entire lvl 2 crew I just dismissed were the ones on the dock still after dismissing them. But I just noticed after doing a raid, when you come back, it fixes it. Now the crew on the dock is all 7 of my new lvl 3's (that I have equipped). So i guess that's fine. If you change your crew, do a raid (even just start one then immediately come back i guess), when you come back it'll be the right crew on the dock...

Still, they should change right away once you leave Vagn's menu (you can change the crew w/o starting a raid, just pick a river, change crew, then exit), like they do on the normal dock.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 764 posts

Hello @Azhrei21 and thanks for getting back to us with the detailed description of the issue.

We understand and respect your decision not to provide us with the video, however we would still require it for a further investigation.
    If providing a video is not possible, please send us the screenshot that shows the version of the game.

Thank you for understanding.

Official Response

Suggested Topics