ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• EnergyAnt
    Original poster 6 posts

As a 3000 hour player who loves this game and has been following its development for a long time, I just can't close my eyes to what ubisoft is doing with existing and added heroes. To understand what I'm talking about, just look.

Pre-rework:

-Gladiator: unique knockdown move, fair amount of unblockable hits.
    -Warden: Fair number of bases and balanced gameplay.
    -Raider: Unblockable hits with fair stamina and stun.
    - Orochi: Unique dodge and counter attack mechanics.
    -Shinobi: The only character with ranged attacks, double dodges, strong dependence on the skill.
    -Monk: Fully balanced character with all the tricks in the arsenal.
    -Conqueror: The main defender of the game, unique mechanics of canceling blows, unique soft feints, unique weapon spin-up, unique attack zone.

And after the rework:

-Gladiator: Unique move removed due to "imbalance", added infinite meta combo.
    -Warden: Infinite meta combo added.
    -Raider: Decreased stamina consumption, added infinite meta combo.
    - Orochi: Infinite meta combo added.
    -Shinobi: Double dodges are no longer needed for moves, ranged attacks have been removed due to "imbalance", an infinite meta combo has been added.
    -Monk: Removed half of the moves from the arsenal, added an infinite meta combo.
    -Conqueror: Removed all unique moves, added infinite meta combo.

What about new heroes? Everything is like one A and S class, the old characters just can't resist them, and because of this they have to make them stronger and fit into the meta.

Don't you see the pattern? They sacrifice the individuality of the heroes just to meet the quota. They don't care about the game and its players, so please help stop this as much as you can if you, like me, love the world of katanas, swords and axes.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    343 posts

@energyant

I'm a bit conflicted in this matter, since a main Lawbringer, and most of the community agrees that he is in need for a rework because he is quite weak. I also want him to be improved, however I'm a bit worried that when the devs get their hand on him, they will turn him into another generic bash & undodgeable 50/50 hero, while removing the aspects which makes him unique. Stun and strong parry punishes.

That's why I think that LB should receive a couple of buffs and balancing changes only, not an entire rework. I'm talking about things like a faster bash, a L + L + H chain, some HA here and there etc. Of course, I have concrete suggestions about him, but I wont write them down, it would take ages.

But yeah, this problem is a complicated one. It's either be up to date and viable, or be unique and disadvantaged. It seems that the devs right now can't do both when they rework a hero. I don't know what might be the reason of this, neither I want to accuse the devs with things like laziness and incompetence etc., because they proved that they can make some amazing things. Plus, I'm not a developer, I don't know what's the situation like in the studio.

• undondory
    885 posts

@csodaszarvas_g
    At first I was looking forward to reworks for lawbringer and nuxia but if multiple people say the same thing I dont want them to touch anymore heroes even for buffs

the risk is too great I don't want nuxia traps to go but no doubt they will because or some reason or other

• Csodaszarvas_G
    343 posts

@undondory

Nuxia traps might be a bit flawed, but at least it's a unique mechanic. We didn't see anything new since Marching Fire. Yes, Warmonger has an impale move which works even if the enemy falls to the ground (sad LB noises), but is that really new?

I think that the devs will just turn traps into bashes similarly to how Aramusha's ring the bell works now.

Also, I start to question the entire CCU thing as well. It was implemented so that offense can be stronger and in the same time the damage was reduced across the board, so that nobody would die in seconds. But with how things going now... you still die in seconds no matter what. You either getting ganked or melted by an S tier hero. My question... what has changed?

• EnergyAnt
    Original poster 6 posts

@csodaszarvas_g Yes, you are right. But I'd like to point out, that the old team that actually made and developed the game did amazing things, new one, in my opinion is just a parasitic tumor that eats up the game over time.

• EnergyAnt
    Original poster 6 posts

@csodaszarvas_g Yep, it is just a constant lottery and a complete mindf*ck (

• TwoFailedGoats
    6 posts

@energyant Couldn't agree more. This needs more attention brought to it. The game is dying and drying up faster then ever, and the developers need to get their [censored] together and stop doing junk like lowering characters health pools and taking out moves that make characters be unique. If they don't fix this garbage soon, I don't know if even I, who have been playing since launch, can keep up.

• deathtocakl
    1494 posts

@twofailedgoats games player base has never really dwindled. It's very consistent.

Suggested Topics