ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• desrocchi
    Original poster 226 posts

Are the new exotics/sets only available in the Countdown mode like raid exclusives?

Will solo players once again get screwed over?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    982 posts

@desrocchi Well you can do countdown solo and there is matchmaking for the game mode, and most new items will be related to the new season in general (some exotics, brand, named items, gear sets), i think only one of the exotics that was the LMG might be exclusive to countdown but i am not sure

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@desrocchi
    do you really need new exotics because most exotics are useless and the ones deemed as good (Scorpio, Lady Death, Memento), make the gunplay easier what does not really fit to the wish of getting harder content, means legendary

Do you really need more gear and named item stuff?

For me the answer to these questions is clear, we do not need anything of this. What we need is improvement of the existing game, reduction of the crashes, improvement of the open world content, expansion of the base game. We have enough frippery.

• desrocchi

@gnarlyatol1793 We don't need it, but I'd like to have access to those options without having to matchmake and play with others to get it.

I accepted that games made a rule of thumb to make it way easier to get through obstacles and get gear when grouped; the fact that the new game mode is the only way to buy exotic caches, and exotic materials will be in extremely high demand to upgrade gear, is already a huge "f*** you" to whoever does not want to play that mode.
    I would like at least not to be shut out of getting things without doing activities I find excruciatingly not fun.
    All the gear in the DZ is already pretty much precluded to me.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@desrocchi
    if you want dz exclusive gear it shouldn’t be an issue to get if you don’t play at prime time. You can farm for hours in darkzones without any rouge encounter. It’s a dying game and the players are getting less and less.

• desrocchi
    Well you can do countdown solo and there is matchmaking

Being able to do it is not the problem, being able to play the game the way I enjoy it and not the way the devs want me to play is the issue.

I already spent 2 and a half months playing legendary Summit to get the Bighorn and it made me sick of it, I don't get foot in the Summit anymore after having to endure that ordeal.
    Game modes should be there to give options, not to force people to play them in order to access gear.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@desrocchi
    I got several bighorns in distraction union arena mission

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@desrocchi
    personally I would recommend playing what makes fun for you. What you are describing sounds like torture to me. Ignore the grind, focus on fun in the game!

• desrocchi

@gnarlyatol1793 I agree, that's why I was asking if the new gear was gated or if it was available everywhere.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@desrocchi We don't know yet, but as noted, Countdown is currently doable Solo.

Also, you can get DZ exclusive items from Named Item Cache. It's why I normally use my stars on those.

• desrocchi

@latenitedelight "being doable" and "enjoying doing" is the crucial difference.

For example I can easily do any mission, but I don't like them and prefer roaming the open world going from even to event.

As for the named caches, it's a good advice for named items and I also do it.
    What I meant in this specific context is the inability to have a full Yaahl set without entering the DZ, which to me is bad as an open world because the enemies are way too easy in there, and bad for the PvP because I never enjoyed PvP games.

• N3mB0t
    1239 posts

in the stream where yannick went to play with a bunch of streamers and youtubers he said no gear would be locked behind countdown , but this was just a response to a question from a player in the stream , take it with the apropriate grain of salt.

• Bullh4ngar
    21 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 I wouldnt Deem Lady death good after the nerf! I would rather use The Appartment or a 9mm Vector!

• Bullh4ngar
    21 posts

@desrocchi There are other ways of getting materials and exotic gear not to mention DZ exclusive gear. Every Global event "Golden bullet or what ever it might be" You can earn stars by just lvling up. Easy to make 200 stars in a matter of a week. Then spend all of them on named caches for DZ exclusive gear. Thats what i did. I have every item x2 from DZ. Without setting foot in there.

• desrocchi

@bullh4ngar Not really, especially exclusive gear: you can't ever find raid exclusive gear or legendary exclusive gear without taking part in those activities. It's also not a case of L2P because you just need to find a group willing carry and hand down the gear, which I refuse to do.
    The legendary, even though I find it mindnumblingly boring, I did on my own until I finally dropped the BH.
    The raids I gave up.

As for the DZ I (think) I already have all the named items, but I was thinking in the prospective of Expertise and having to level up Yaahl gear.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@bullh4ngar
    Never used the apartment because I couldn’t grasp the sense of the talent embedded. For PvP I use also the Vector and PvE as well for close range and the MPX for close/middle range, Optimist talents on them.

• Noxious81
    1257 posts
    (...) I couldn’t grasp the sense of the talent embedded. (...)

The top half of the magazine reduces your Weapon Damage. Meaning this is calculated the way additive bonuses are being calculated.
    But the the bottom half increases your Total Weapon Damage. Meaning this is a multiplicative bonus.

So especially when already having invested in attributes and talents increasing your Weapon Damage you will benefit a lot from the multiplicative bonus (even in combination of the Weapon Damage malus).

It's pretty fun to play so if you have one catching dust in your stash I'd say: give it a try!

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@noxious81
    thanks, will try

Suggested Topics